So if Pruitt is right and the NCAA crushes Tennessee

He is gonna get paid. UT will fold before this ever sees the inside of a courtroom. The only way they don’t fold is if UT asks him quietly to drop the suite in exchange for more than 12 million sent his way behind closed doors. Folks are naive to think that Pruitt did this all on his own. I’m willing to bet that he has Fulmer and Tee nailed to the wall and they don’t know it. I mean, it’s very clear to see they set him up. Nobody is dumb enough to do what he is accused of doing.

As a public institution UT can't send anyone 12 million dollars behind closed doors.

Sankey has already told the ncaa that if they go too hard on Tennessee and others such as LSU, SEC will make them even more irrelevant than they already are.

Reactions: coffeevol
I don't think that the NCAA will come down too hard. If the payments were as wide spread as the rumors lead you to believe that means a few of the players that hit the portal were on the payroll, that would make those players ineligible thus forfeits of wins for OU, Bama, Mich St...etc. Not a chance the NCAA does that to two of their cash cows.

Just some food for thought.

You are making some pretty big leaps here. And bringing up SMU, as in the Death Penalty? LOL.,

The NCAA's Committee on Infractions has been toothless since the retirement of the enforcement henchman, David Berst. It was Berst who insisted on the death penalty for SMU in 1987, and who refused to let Alabama skate for playing All-American CB Antonio Langham in 1993, when Gene Stallings knew he had accepted money from an agent. They are under-funded and have weak leadership right now. Tennessee has NOTHING to worry about in terms of sanctions. Pruitt, Neidermeyer, and Felton will get lengthy show cause penalties. Tennessee's football program won't get jack damn $hit.

By the standards of his profession, Pruitt is not a wealthy man, and his earning potential is drying up fast. He is desperate for that $11 million buyout from Tennessee, and his lawyer has resorted to making threats in order to get it. I wouldn't worry this much about it. Your post is too reactionary, and rather ridiculous in its assumptions.

I think we get a 1-year bowl ban and I think it will be self-imposed and not come from NCAA. We probably sit out this year even though I think we finish 6-6.

My point is what if there is something we don't know that Pruitt has done or knows about (such as Co-eds being used to recruit players like the situation at Colorado).

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Then bring down Georgia and Bama too you mean to tell me those clowns have been squeaky clean the last several years

If Pruitt really does bring this lawsuit that means there will be a deposition. During that time UT’s lawyers can ask Pruitt if he knowingly broke NCAA recruiting rules or knew about those rules being broken at any of his previous employers. At that point he can tell the truth an throw Bama & UGA under the bus or he can lie and say he didn’t know anything. Then if it comes out that he did know, say during the discovery period of this case, he can be charged with perjury.

I think we get a 1-year bowl ban and I think it will be self-imposed and not come from NCAA. We probably sit out this year even though I think we finish 6-6.

My point is what if there is something we don't know that Pruitt has done or knows about (such as Co-eds being used to recruit players like the situation at Colorado).

If we self impose a bowl ban our administration should be fired.

I wonder how long Pruitt's schtick will last in the NFL. Just wait until he sees the size of the crawdads up there.

Pruitt will last as long as Joe Judge (another former Bammer) lasts as HC. Pruitt is a defensive assistant without an assigned position group. He has almost no public profile, with only Volnation caring who he is. Several Giant's coaches are former Bammer coaches. Dooley is on staff too.

Are there currently any schools that have a bowl ban this year? If so, I’d just self impose a bowl ban, invite one of the teams on probation to come into Neyland, give them a percentage of the profits and have a New Year’s Day “exhibition” game. We could call it the infractions bowl. Or use it as an NIL incentive and let some big time boosters pay the players to wear their company’s patch on the jersey.
GBO!!

If Pruitt really does bring this lawsuit that means there will be a deposition. During that time UT’s lawyers can ask Pruitt if he knowingly broke NCAA recruiting rules or knew about those rules being broken at any of his previous employers. At that point he can tell the truth an throw Bama & UGA under the bus or he can lie and say he didn’t know anything. Then if it comes out that he did know, say during the discovery period of this case, he can be charged with perjury.
Kinda silly that you think an attorney just deposes someone and can ask a generic question like, "Have you ever seen this kind of crime done before and who and where?" and they have to answer it.

Wouldn't that be easy? Just round up criminals and ask them....."So what other crimes have you committed?" and they have to tell you.

If it gets to this point, and I doubt it will, then Pruitt will have an unexpected heart attack, or an unfortunate car accident, or both...

Are there currently any schools that have a bowl ban this year? If so, I’d just self impose a bowl ban, invite one of the teams on probation to come into Neyland, give them a percentage of the profits and have a New Year’s Day “exhibition” game. We could call it the infractions bowl. Or use it as an NIL incentive and let some big time boosters pay the players to wear their company’s patch on the jersey.
GBO!!

Alabama played Hawaii one year as a regular season game in December to make up for not having a bowl game.

"Everybody else does it" was never a defense in my house growing up and I dont think its not going to be the foundation for a judge to accept a lawsuit from Pruitt. His contract was pretty clear and he has been reported and admitted to have a program that operated in a way to violate his contract. Pruitt can file the suit and it will get massive media coverage for all the negativity towards UT but I have reservations that if all he can do is throw accusations at others, he wont have much of a case. UT will immediately respond to file for dismissal and unless Pruitt can show reasonable cause where he was terminated without cause, it could get dismissed.

Reactions: kcvols1
It’s just a bluff. And a dumb on by Pruitt. The truth is I doubt his attorney is working pro-bono. Pruitt is likely paying him out of pocket hoping for a settlement and it’s not coming. I hope that d-bag spends every dollar he has left on attorney fees and ends up getting nothing

Reactions: tbh
"Everybody else does it" was never a defense in my house growing up and I dont think its not going to be the foundation for a judge to accept a lawsuit from Pruitt. His contract was pretty clear and he has been reported and admitted to have a program that operated in a way to violate his contract. Pruitt can file the suit and it will get massive media coverage for all the negativity towards UT but I have reservations that if all he can do is throw accusations at others, he wont have much of a case. UT will immediately respond to file for dismissal and unless Pruitt can show reasonable cause where he was terminated without cause, it could get dismissed.

If Pruitt has proof that Fulmer knew and got paid, then he has an argument to get paid.

Once in court, if Pruiit starts naming others involved, like boosters, is that something Tennessee wants out?

There are likely many reasons both sides do not want this in court.

I still can’t believe he did this. Nobody outside of an Alabama HS will touch him now.

And anything he did here he has done at FSU, UGA and Bama. He didn’t become a cheat at UT. He just brought what he has learned with him. Want to know how I knows? Because that dumb son of ditch has never had an original thought in his life. That’s how.

If Pruitt has proof that Fulmer knew and got paid, then he has an argument to get paid.

Once in court, if Pruiit starts naming others involved, like boosters, is that something Tennessee wants out?

There are likely many reasons both sides do not want this in court.
I have a plan. If this thing does go to court, the second that Pruitts lips start spouting dirt on our beloved university, we should immediately start pelting the courtroom with water bottles, beer cans and mustard bottles! The whole thing will be in such disarray that the judge will have no choice but to dismiss the charges by Pruitt and his attorneys!
They’ve only identified and charged a handful of the Neyland culprits, so sure, a few of us will take one for the team but they can’t catch us all!
Who’s with me?😎
GBO!!

VN Store

Back