So if Pruitt is right and the NCAA crushes Tennessee

In the past, players have not been identified but boosters have. Usually they are excluded from any involvement in the program in the future. I’m not sure how some of them avoid that if it’s as bad as let on.

We will see how it plays out.. Lot of money people could be involved and UT surely cannot afford to lose their contributions.. so how do they play it??

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
No one is clean. The problem is UT admin discovers the cheating and tells the world about it while others don't.

So there’s actually people mad that our administration is the only one doing what they should?

Donde has my support in standing firm and refusing to play that Skoal-can douche so much as a plugged nickel.

If you’re going to pay a million bucks to a pack of lawyers getting ready for a fight and then not sic them on anyone, you’re a fool. RAKE COACH THUMB’s CHIPS OFF THE TABLE.

If Pruitt has proof that Fulmer knew and got paid, then he has an argument to get paid.

Once in court, if Pruiit starts naming others involved, like boosters, is that something Tennessee wants out?

There are likely many reasons both sides do not want this in court.

It’s an argument, but a losing one. You might get discovery on it, but it won’t get you past Motion for Summary Judgment (MSJ).

Maybe we could get discovery on how such situations were handled at Pruitt’s previous employers, but that would have no place in an MSJ either.

What UT did or didn’t do with an employee who may have had similar contract language is irrelevant to the ultimate question of whether Pruitt violated HIS contract.

This stuff is the worst kept “secret” in American history. If everyone already knows players are getting paid everywhere, where’s the harm of this getting out in discovery?

Whether we’re scared of the NCAA or we’re not, penalizing us heavily after this while LSU and others give them the finger renders them irrelevant forever. There’s really no downside because I think we give them the finger if they try to come down hard on us, or our boosters. The NCAA knows their legitimacy depends upon consent of the governed - which is precarious these days.

Our school motto is “you will know the truth and it will set you free.” That has to count for something.

This is a once in a career/lifetime opportunity to change the way business is done in college athletics, to take it out of the hands of underhanded toadies like Pruitt and bring it into the light. Don’t get cold feet now.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
I have a plan. If this thing does go to court, the second that Pruitts lips start spouting dirt on our beloved university, we should immediately start pelting the courtroom with water bottles, beer cans and mustard bottles! The whole thing will be in such disarray that the judge will have no choice but to dismiss the charges by Pruitt and his attorneys!
They’ve only identified and charged a handful of the Neyland culprits, so sure, a few of us will take one for the team but they can’t catch us all!
Who’s with me?😎
GBO!!

No.

f*** THAT NOISE.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
We will see how it plays out.. Lot of money people could be involved and UT surely cannot afford to lose their contributions.. so how do they play it??

I wonder how individual donations stack up overall against corporate donations?

I also wonder how big a percentage large individual donors (say over $100k per annum) make of the individual donor pie. Then we could see (theoretically) how the dissociation of those dozen or so boosters would affect the bottom line.

Regardless, I’m relatively certain that cost/benefit analysis has been run somewhere before digging in on litigation. If not, it’s borderline corporate defense malpractice in a case of this size.

So there’s actually people mad that our administration is the only one doing what they should?

Donde has my support in standing firm and refusing to play that Skoal-can douche so much as a plugged nickel.

If you’re going to pay a million bucks to a pack of lawyers getting ready for a fight and then not sic them on anyone, you’re a fool. RAKE COACH THUMB’s CHIPS OFF THE TABLE.

I'm not mad about anything. Just stating reality of how things are being done. This doesn't affect my life whatsoever.

It’s an argument, but a losing one. You might get discovery on it, but it won’t get you past Motion for Summary Judgment (MSJ).

Maybe we could get discovery on how such situations were handled at Pruitt’s previous employers, but that would have no place in an MSJ either.

What UT did or didn’t do with an employee who may have had similar contract language is irrelevant to the ultimate question of whether Pruitt violated HIS contract.

This stuff is the worst kept “secret” in American history. If everyone already knows players are getting paid everywhere, where’s the harm of this getting out in discovery?

Whether we’re scared of the NCAA or we’re not, penalizing us heavily after this while LSU and others give them the finger renders them irrelevant forever. There’s really no downside because I think we give them the finger if they try to come down hard on us, or our boosters. The NCAA knows their legitimacy depends upon consent of the governed - which is precarious these days.

Our school motto is “you will know the truth and it will set you free.” That has to count for something.

This is a once in a career/lifetime opportunity to change the way business is done in college athletics, to take it out of the hands of underhanded toadies like Pruitt and bring it into the light. Don’t get cold feet now.

Interesting. Guess we see if it plays out that way..

Reactions: kcvols1
I wonder how individual donations stack up overall against corporate donations?

I also wonder how big a percentage large individual donors (say over $100k per annum) make of the individual donor pie. Then we could see (theoretically) how the dissociation of those dozen or so boosters would affect the bottom line.

Regardless, I’m relatively certain that cost/benefit analysis has been run somewhere before digging in on litigation. If not, it’s borderline corporate defense malpractice in a case of this size.

it is not their annual donations that they lose on. Its the 25 million they toss in at different times for athletic capital projects. Like the 15 million Pratt has given to various projects or the multiple times the Haslams have tossed in 25 million.. its why they get names on buildings and have a say in how athletics operates. But maybe UT no longer needs that help with projects and could do without boosters help..

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
Honestly, is there any reason at all to pay any attention to what the NCAA says? They're a toothless tiger. They're sort of like "worry". The only power it has is what you give it.

If the NCAA wants to be relevant then they better get their head out and start REWARDING programs that self-report then take action.

No one is clean. The problem is UT admin discovers the cheating and tells the world about it while others don't.
So the NCAA penalizes the one honest program? How ironic?

This is the reason that UT has to expose the standard operating procedures in the SEC.

So the NCAA penalizes the one honest program? How ironic?

This is the reason that UT has to expose the standard operating procedures in the SEC.

Exactly what they did with Missouri after they cooperated. Hit them harder. Per the law firm UT is using

He is gonna get paid. UT will fold before this ever sees the inside of a courtroom. The only way they don’t fold is if UT asks him quietly to drop the suite in exchange for more than 12 million sent his way behind closed doors. Folks are naive to think that Pruitt did this all on his own. I’m willing to bet that he has Fulmer and Tee nailed to the wall and they don’t know it. I mean, it’s very clear to see they set him up. Nobody is dumb enough to do what he is accused of doing.
Perhaps you overestimate his intelligence?

Pruitt proves yet again that he is an idiot. "Muh contract say iffa cheat, ah kin be fared". "ah cheated, ah got fared". "so ifn ah tell em ah cheated ah get muh money back, raight?"

He certainly is no rocket scientist.

Personally even if Pruitt is right and Tennessee gets crushed it will be worth it to be rid of the dumbest coach in CFA history

Let's go Pruitt

I might have had a bit of doubt and worry about Cornbread’s accusations until he uttered Rick Barnes’ name. I think most would be shocked if there was an ounce of truth that he could actually prove. Phil and over zealous boosters- absolutely. I would be surprised if some of that wasn’t true, but proving it is something else entirely. But Barnes? Not seeing it.

Personally even if Pruitt is right and Tennessee gets crushed it will be worth it to be rid of the dumbest coach in CFA history

Let's go Pruitt
I'm confused by your post, are you referring to Pruitt as the dumbest coach in CFA?? CFB maybe?? But why the "Let's Go Pruitt??? Many questions

Pruitt proves yet again that he is an idiot. "Muh contract say iffa cheat, ah kin be fared". "ah cheated, ah got fared". "so ifn ah tell em ah cheated ah get muh money back, raight?"

He certainly is no rocket scientist.

How many rocket scientisits do you know that can also coach football? In my experience, not many. So Hell, Pruitt might make a great rocket scientist. Cause he can't coach football for 5h1t!

Tennessee should threaten to sue him for the costs of the investigation plus any financial losses from possible NCAA sanctions (i.e bowl ban). His negligence brought this on.

How many rocket scientisits do you know that can also coach football? In my experience, not many. So Hell, Pruitt might make a great rocket scientist. Cause he can't coach football for 5h1t!

So...you think Pruitt IS intelligent? LMAO

VN Store

Back