So how long is the curve

Nocleats

Typically, usually, historically there is a learning curve to a new offensive system in football. Sometimes it’s a few games, sometimes it’s half a season, sometimes it’s a full season and really doesn’t appear full speed till year 2. How much learning curve do you think it will take before Vols fully understand and can grasp and run a new OCs system?

Reactions: Volanta
Typically, usually, historically there is a learning curve to a new offensive system in football. Sometimes it’s a few games, sometimes it’s half a season, sometimes it’s a full season and really doesn’t appear full speed till year 2. How much learning curve do you think it will take before Vols fully understand and can grasp and run a new OCs system?

IMO, 3-4 games. If it was a switch from some kind of air raid, read option, or spread I would say a full season. I don’t think the change we’re looking at is as dramatic. Defensively, the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 is usually a full season transition.

Reactions: lynnh and Volanta
One more year before I see us start really clicking for the team as a whole. Thinking 6 or 7 wins this year. I don't know that the offense is going to be that vastly different to set us back at all.

I don't think Chaney's offense will be much different than the previous offense, so it shouldn't be that much of a transition. Lots of teams change OC's and don't miss a beat. I look for immediate improvement, because Chaney is that good.

Won't be a radical change on O.
I agree. Don't think he will change just a whole lot. I do believe that he will move JG out of the pocket more and utilized the TE's more. Probably see more slants and rub routes. I would like to see us use the wheel routes a little more

Based on recent Chaney history- should expect the bump to come in year 2. He apparently has a huge playbook. Not like Briles, not going to be an instant turnaround and no playbook.

My intrigue is whether we stick to last year's system, which seemed broken, or try something more like his origins in spread offense.

Based on recent Chaney history- should expect the bump to come in year 2. He apparently has a huge playbook. Not like Briles, not going to be an instant turnaround and no playbook.

My intrigue is whether we stick to last year's system, which seemed broken, or try something more like his origins in spread offense.

All depends on the progression of the OL.

Reactions: Titan05
I hope Chaney gets close to Osovet’s RPO. Could possibly be something great.

Go VOLS!!!!

Reactions: Devo182
Big jim needs to dial up some good play calls next season... any man getting paid the outrageous amount of money that this guys been gracious enough to accept to come run an offense should be held to a standard of making things happen and not a bunch of excuses about installation and personnel

Reactions: Eddie Vol Halen
Curves are generally steep.

Just messing you, man. I got to cut up when I get the chance. BVS has been getting me down.

Big jim needs to dial up some good play calls next season... any man getting paid the outrageous amount of money that this guys been gracious enough to accept to come run an offense should be held to a standard of making things happen and not a bunch of excuses about installation and personnel

Please tell me this is a joke. So assuming you arent joking, what are your expectations? What offensive ranking should our offense be in year 1 with Chaney?

Reactions: TJSVOLS and illvol
Please tell me this is a joke. So assuming you arent joking, what are your expectations? What offensive ranking should our offense be in year 1 with Chaney?
$1,600,000- lets see some results. I'm not saying hes gotta turn JG (should be a serviceable experienced qb) into a heisman candidate and lead the country in total offense but goodness at that rate i think we need to see some results

Reactions: Eddie Vol Halen

VN Store

Back