So how long is the curve

Nocleats

Typically, usually, historically there is a learning curve to a new offensive system in football. Sometimes it’s a few games, sometimes it’s half a season, sometimes it’s a full season and really doesn’t appear full speed till year 2. How much learning curve do you think it will take before Vols fully understand and can grasp and run a new OCs system?

90 Vol

Optimistic Negavol
Typically, usually, historically there is a learning curve to a new offensive system in football. Sometimes it’s a few games, sometimes it’s half a season, sometimes it’s a full season and really doesn’t appear full speed till year 2. How much learning curve do you think it will take before Vols fully understand and can grasp and run a new OCs system?
IMO, 3-4 games. If it was a switch from some kind of air raid, read option, or spread I would say a full season. I don’t think the change we’re looking at is as dramatic. Defensively, the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 is usually a full season transition.

Devo182

Based on recent Chaney history- should expect the bump to come in year 2. He apparently has a huge playbook. Not like Briles, not going to be an instant turnaround and no playbook.

My intrigue is whether we stick to last year's system, which seemed broken, or try something more like his origins in spread offense.

BigOrangeTrain

Based on recent Chaney history- should expect the bump to come in year 2. He apparently has a huge playbook. Not like Briles, not going to be an instant turnaround and no playbook.

My intrigue is whether we stick to last year's system, which seemed broken, or try something more like his origins in spread offense.
All depends on the progression of the OL.

MSrivervol

Big jim needs to dial up some good play calls next season... any man getting paid the outrageous amount of money that this guys been gracious enough to accept to come run an offense should be held to a standard of making things happen and not a bunch of excuses about installation and personnel

Big jim needs to dial up some good play calls next season... any man getting paid the outrageous amount of money that this guys been gracious enough to accept to come run an offense should be held to a standard of making things happen and not a bunch of excuses about installation and personnel
Please tell me this is a joke. So assuming you arent joking, what are your expectations? What offensive ranking should our offense be in year 1 with Chaney?

MSrivervol

Please tell me this is a joke. So assuming you arent joking, what are your expectations? What offensive ranking should our offense be in year 1 with Chaney?
$1,600,000- lets see some results. I'm not saying hes gotta turn JG (should be a serviceable experienced qb) into a heisman candidate and lead the country in total offense but goodness at that rate i think we need to see some results

VN Store

Sponsors