So after all the hustle and hoopla.....

there's only one reason they keep getting it wrong at UT and guessing correctly at other schools. It's because UT keeps hiring people nobody every expected them to hire and Tennessee keeps producing results nobody could have imagined a power program could every achieve. 0-8 seasons, going over a decade not beating Bama when almost every other SEC team to play Bama has beaten them at least once if not more. Etc. Etc. Tennessee seems to be doing one thing right. They have the "WTF" factor down pat.

The super secret cabal at UT achieved a hire that nobody saw coming in an age when literally everything is leaked to the media, even facts that put US security at great danger. But OK, I'll accept your theory that literally nobody saw this hire coming because it was so secret. Pshhhhh

This tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of UT (or even SEC) football. No SEC East team has beaten Bama since Spurrier beat them in 2010. In fact, Saban has only 3 losses to SEC East foes since he took over at Bama. And the only SEC teams to beat Bama at all since the start of 2011 is LSU, Auburn, A&M, and Ole Miss.

I am done with you. It's clear you are willing to believe anyone that claims they're an insider because they make you feel all warm and fuzzy for awhile. Good day.

This tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of UT (or even SEC) football. No SEC East team has beaten Bama since Spurrier beat them in 2010. In fact, Saban has only 3 losses to SEC East foes since he took over at Bama. And the only SEC teams to beat Bama at all since the start of 2011 is LSU, Auburn, A&M, and Ole Miss.

I am done with you. It's clear you are willing to believe anyone that claims they're an insider because they make you feel all warm and fuzzy for awhile. Good day.

You said a lot of stuff and I am still correct. You just cherry picked stats that mean nothing. My statements still are 100% true so your "lack of SEC football knowledge" apparently goes back only to 2010 because you must be a teenager.

Because it was painfully obvious after days and days of searching for a head coach that White just went to his "break glass in case of emergency" hire. Every other coach that White wanted turned us flat down or tried to bilk us for 10 million bucks a year because we are desperate. So White took the easy way out and just went to get his guy at UCF. This was another embarrassment of a coaching search. Just like when we hired Jones and Pruitt. Not because this coach doesn't meet my approval. It didnt meet Danny White's approval either. If he really wanted Heuple from the beginning he would have announced him on day 1 as our head coach. But he went searching for much better coaches and found out that much better coaches didnt want to come to UT. Or the administration wouldnt let him hire Freeze or Kiffin or Chadwell.
Which has nothing to do with Danny White.

Reactions: CobbVol
If you're Danny White, how do you wipe this egg off your face? Oh, that's right, with 100 dollar bills! Our 2 million dollar AD just hires the coach from his former job? So basically Danny White just de-facto brought UCF to the SEC?

What this proves:
1. Tennessee truly is no longer a good job to have
2. Danny White had no idea what he was in for with this coaching search and he had no coaches "in the bag" when he was hired
3. If we want a top tier coach to take us to the next level, we CANNOT let the current coach stay until he ruins the program again, we must cut our losses while he is still having success
4. While this hire is an upgrade over getting a coordinator to be our coach for 3.5 million, it's not going to bring us back

Please Lord God I hope we didn't give this guy more than 4 million a year!
It also proves, no matter the intention, nobody on here has anymore inside than the local gas station attendants. Where's all the freeze guys dropping those hints? And I'll add, once again you got people getting mad at people for not believing these rumors, hope their crow is tasty.

You said a lot of stuff and I am still correct. You just cherry picked stats that mean nothing. My statements still are 100% true so your "lack of SEC football knowledge" apparently goes back only to 2010 because you must be a teenager.

There is nothing cherry picked about that. Saban has 3 losses to SEC East Foes in his entire tenure as Bama HC, and zero losses to the SEC east since Spurrier beat him in 2010. That encapsulates the last decade, like you said. Also, 5 SEC teams have never beaten Saban at Bama at all and only 4 have beaten Saban (all SEC West teams) even one time since 2011. So no, you were not in any way correct. Not even remotely.

I hope your lunch is good this afternoon because someone sure as he11 sh1t in your oatmeal. Dude, you have been on your period for weeks now. Has UT been a pile of crap? Yes but Life is too short to be this triggered all the time. Become a florist or start an online yoga class. Positivity will only prolong your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Border Vol
It also proves, no matter the intention, nobody on here has anymore inside than the local gas station attendants. Where's all the freeze guys dropping those hints? And I'll add, once again you got people getting mad at people for not believing these rumors, hope their crow is tasty.

Forget about the "insiders dropping hints". Lets rest on the fact that nobody in the world, even people that have been around college football for decades in the media, guessed that this was even where Tennessee would go. Just like they never guessed Butch Jone or Derek Dooley or Jeremy Pruitt. Nobody though "hey, Josh Heupel would be a great fit for Tennessee, he checks all the boxes".

It's not about the "insiders" I already knew they were full of it. But when you have highly respected members of the national media who didnt even consider Heupel, you know there's a big disconnect and dont even give me this "Danny White conducted this super secret search" when we live in the age where literally everything is leaked as a "rumor" that usually ends up being completely true.

This hire was seen by NOBODY, even as a wild guess. That should tell you something. I mean the guy has already worked for Danny White and still nobody guessed that he'd be a good fit for Tennessee.

Reactions: joevol33
Making an AD the second highest paid in the country, does come with actual expectations.
Agreed, but coming into the mess that is UT right now, I'm not sure what realistic expectations are. The expectations of most of this fan base are crazy.

Agreed, but coming into the mess that is UT right now, I'm not sure what realistic expectations are. The expectations of most of this fan base are crazy.

We could have promoted Reid Sigmon to AD, let him hire a search firm, and ended up with Heupel. No other school was looking at Heupel, not even Auburn, who looked at everyone.

We could have promoted Reid Sigmon to AD, let him hire a search firm, and ended up with Heupel. No other school was looking at Heupel, not even Auburn, who looked at everyone.

Aubie is laughing his fur tail off right now

Our fanbase is the worst. This isn't a top-15 job right now. Heck, it may not even be a top-25 job right now. But Huepel is willing to bet his career as a head coach to come here. He wants to be here so let's get on board. I'd say Boyd and Plowman knew he was a realistic option when they hired him so everyone is still on the same page.

We need to stop our complaining and just see how it goes. If he had played here or was from TN, people would be all on board.

Reactions: Border Vol
Our fanbase is the worst. This isn't a top-15 job right now. Heck, it may not even be a top-25 job right now. But Huepel is willing to bet his career as a head coach to come here accept a doubling of his salary and a guaranteed payout at termination. He wants to be here get paid mad stacks so let's get on board. I'd say Boyd and Plowman knew he was a realistic option when they hired him so everyone is still on the same page.

We need to stop our complaining and just see how it goes. If he had played here or was from TN, people would be all on board.

FYP

After more than 2 decades of disappointment, its honestly pretty funny how we can still get our hopes up. This administration will never care about winning football games, its proven time and time again.

They have known about their plans to fire Pruitt for awhile now, you would have thought they contacted other coaches to see interests and have a hire in place as soon as they announced Pruitt's fate. BuTTTTTT no. Not UT. Hell Bama had another OC hired like 24 hours after Sark left. I guess that's the difference between a winner and a loser.

Dude you seriously wanted Elliot over Heupel? Come on man. You want offense? Heupel was doing it without half of the future of the NFL on his roster (playing against an abysmal ACC). Elliot is sitting back and letting the 5* talent make him look good.
That’s not what I wrote. I wrote wait until UCF hires him. Proving exactly how much the previous horrendous AD and so called coach destroyed this program. That someone like Elliot would take UCF over UT at this point. I guess I wasn’t clear. As far as Heupel goes, it’s a wait and see game.

So for all those wondering, Danny White just admitted he was not even considering Heupel until things fell apart.

I know nothing, but I do think this was the backup plan, and I do think that I'm glad there was a backup plan as good as this one. I've seen worse, twice.

VN Store

Back