So Adonai Mitchell made a commitment video to us

Do you remember what Dickey did? He LEFT UT high and dry (when he had UT rolling) to return to... that's right... his alma mater. I certainly don't blame him, but that's kind of my point. 99.9% of the time, your alma mater will always be the priority, IMO.

DD was later hired back by UTK to become AD.

I get your point but it is losing steam.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Pruitt was sent here to destroy our program I'm convinced
No, I think that was Dooley. Pruitt was just an idiot that didn't know how to run a program or be a HC.

Anyway.......this Mitchell kid (from Tennessee) shined like a new penny when called upon. Would have loved to see him

do it in orange and white. Thank you all for the answers.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlyStone
I said EXACTLY that from the very day he was hired... and got laughed off the board. Never... EVER... hire an alum for your biggest rivals to run your most important and lucrative program. It was f-ing STOOOOPID! The next time Bama hires a UT alum to coach their football team... let me know.

We're 0-2 ... is that enough to convince us?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
For me, we just did not need a coordinator/assistant coach from ANY school to CEO our program…we needed a proven CEO and when we hired CJP that was our biggest error. Can an assistant hire be a home run? Certainly but we didn’t need to take that chance at that point in our program. Can a current successful CEO be a bust? Obviously. But I’d think the odds are much stronger in the proven commodity. I know it’s fun to “make fun” etc of failed ex-coaches but the Vols have set up several ex-coaches for failure by making “bad hires” …but the early returns appear we made a good hire this time. I was skeptical by CJH coming from the AAC (which I don’t think has had a successful coach moving to the P5 and Josh hopefully will be the first)… all just JMO of course.

Pruitt was sent here to destroy our program I'm convinced
Pruitt never gets in the door if Fulmer doesn’t hire him, Pruitt also doesn’t get in the door if Anderson doesn’t want him over Mel Tucker (who Fulmer wanted to hire), Fulmer never gets hired if not for Anderson and Davenport. Fulmer also never gets hired if not for the Haslam/Currie/Schiano debacle.

Notice the pattern of booster meddling and administrative incompetence. Pruitt was just another flaming turd in the dumpster fire.

We had Alex Ellis during the Butch years who was diabetic. I think he was on an NFL team for a while. May still be. I didn’t check yet.

Stetson Bennett was the National Championship QB this season.

That means he is superior to Hendon Hooker.!...
Think about that🙄.

I'm happy for Mitchell. But he's not some gamechanger.

There have been a number of pancreas transplants. In fact a good friend of mine has a transplant pancreas and kidney. He is still off dialysis but is now taking insulin again. Apparently, Pruitt was getting some bad advise or he decided to ignore good medical advice.

Pancreas transplants are dangerous still.

There are multiple clinical trials happening now that have looked promising in curing Type 1 diabetes. Check out the work Dr Denise Faustman at Mass General in Boston is doing. IMO it is insane that she is still fighting an uphill battle to get her findings approved by the FDA with the successes she has had.

I've wondered myself. Would be a really nice investment for a program to nuke their bitter rival for years to come.

After 15 straight losses to the Tide, I think they would have been better served to get him hired at Auburn. But then again, Bammers aren't known for their intelligence.

There have been a number of pancreas...

What my fat *ss pictures every time I see that word.
proxy-image

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel

VN Store

Back