Smoke Screen?

BigLow

Let us all hope this is a smoke screen by a new, intelligent AD that wants VOLS fans to really be excited when we hire someone other than Dykes. It would be a smart move as a new AD to "publicly" release candidates that you know the fan base wouldn't support, while in the back room you are talking to much higher quality talent.

Sure it was rejections.......or smoke screens to draw us away?

The problem is, we always say this and every time we do, they trot out somebody we don’t want. Then we all jump aboard the newly named coach’s train and then 3 years go by and we still suck. At some point, the smoke has to rise and the admin has to realize that fans can only take so much.

Let’s hope that DW knows this and for once the smoke is legit and we get a great coach.

I doubt it. Maybe I’m being negative, but I think this is the cold hard reality, not a smoke screen. Rumor is that he got turned down my Fleck, Franklin, and others today.
Probably can also add Campell to the list of rejections. White should have already known that any decent P5 coach will not leave their secured job for the uncertainty of UT.

Reactions: A Typical Vol Fan
I doubt it. Maybe I’m being negative, but I think this is the cold hard reality, not a smoke screen. Rumor is that he got turned down my Fleck, Franklin, and others today.
Then go to Kiffin or Freeze it would almost be a legit reason to hire one of them. If someone put up an argument say I was turned down by everyone I talked to so this is the best I can do .

Reactions: preacherwebb
Time will tell
Yes that’s true but like the article in here about Franklin, it says likely which is a tell tell sign they don’t know, funny the article came out after things on volnation forum stated we might have missed our first choice, same with Fleck, fleck hisself hasn’t said in person I’m not accepting but apparently a reporter is reporting it? Third the ad at Iowa st stated we are working on a new contract which says if we give you a new contract will you stay and Campbell said write it up, doesn’t necessarily mean he is out, it means they have to meet our contract first, the article even said need to do what we can to keep staff together, it didn’t sound promising on his end, you have to take thing lightly right now, it sucks we don’t know and it’s definitely tensed

VN Store

Back