Smoke Screen?

Let us all hope this is a smoke screen by a new, intelligent AD that wants VOLS fans to really be excited when we hire someone other than Dykes. It would be a smart move as a new AD to "publicly" release candidates that you know the fan base wouldn't support, while in the back room you are talking to much higher quality talent.
1611635945727.gif

Let us all hope this is a smoke screen by a new, intelligent AD that wants VOLS fans to really be excited when we hire someone other than Dykes. It would be a smart move as a new AD to "publicly" release candidates that you know the fan base wouldn't support, while in the back room you are talking to much higher quality talent.

Well seeings how you think it would be a good idea for White to release a list of candidates we wouldn’t support, I am glad he doesn’t. Because he has likely forgotten more than you will ever know about conducting a proper head coaching search.

You have zero idea who he has really talked to, and no one on this board does either.
Lol. Never claimed to. There are reports out saying Fleck turned it down, and Austin Price said that Franklin will likely remain at PSU. Not my info, it’s all other people’s.

Lol. Never claimed to. There are reports out saying Fleck turned it down, and Austin Price said that Franklin will likely remain at PSU. Not my info, it’s all other people’s.
Ok I don’t even think the media knows, probably getting information from us and the candidates school forums, funny how all the media was following the plane tracker threads and then all of a sudden came out about frankin after there was news from a insider that said we missed one, then they say fleck is out but why are they so scared on the Minnesota forums saying he’ll probably take it because of money, now Campbell could be true, just depend on how you took the AD message

Why do this to yourselves? You guys have to know by now there are no smoke screens. Today was just a bad day and tomorrow will probably be even worse. Such is the accepted fate of a Vols fan.

Why do this to yourselves? You guys have to know by now there are no smoke screens. Today was just a bad day and tomorrow will probably be even worse. Such is the accepted fate of a Vols fan.
And this comes from somebody giving out scriptures about drinking......oh ye of little faith!

Ah the good ol’ smokescreen. What I think happened today is AD White struck out on making a big splash with James Franklin and strategically leaked Tony Elliot and Dykes’ names to Chris Low. Hence, Clemson insider saying Tony Elliot hasn’t heard from UT yet. Looks like we’ve made a step down in tier of coaches. I honestly don’t know much about Elliot. He appears to be a good OC, but being Clemson OC the past year or two hasn’t been some hard job. Not like CEO of UT football. Dykes would be a complete strike out.

Ok I don’t even think the media knows, probably getting information from us and the candidates school forums, funny how all the media was following the plane tracker threads and then all of a sudden came out about frankin after there was news from a insider that said we missed one, then they say fleck is out but why are they so scared on the Minnesota forums saying he’ll probably take it because of money, now Campbell could be true, just depend on how you took the AD message
Campbell and ISU ad are tight. That video sealed my thinking that CMC will be staying at ISU. There is a trust between those two that will make it hard for Campbell to leave unless it is a school like Ohio State or Notre Dame. also 40 from the two deep coming back doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Campbell and ISU ad are tight. That video sealed my thinking that CMC will be staying at ISU. There is a trust between those two that will make it hard for Campbell to leave unless it is a school like Ohio State or Notre Dame. also 40 from the two deep coming back doesn't hurt either.
Well I said it could be true

I'm trying to stay positive that we will have a great coach in the next couple of days. But my BVS is tingling. I have that old feeling my hopes for a proven winner probably went up in smoke today. Hopefully White is better at picking up and comers than out last few ADs or he really does have an ace up his sleeve.

Maybe DW is leak testing his staff. Probably not necessary, but, it would be a viable way to check out your administration's loyalty.

I think it fell apart for him today with all the rejections. Starting tomorrow, he will be in scrambled/desperation mode.

What rejections? None officially, I say he already has his man and the contract is being written up. I have no idea who it is.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Remember when we thought Currie had it all in hand and Schiano was just a smokescreen?

I see we're on the downward slope of the rollercoaster again.

Last edited:
I think it fell apart for him today with all the rejections. Starting tomorrow, he will be in scrambled/desperation mode.
This doesn’t strike me as a DW move. At first I bought in to all the insiders claiming they knew things. But after closely reading some messages from others and looking at thread titles, I noticed the trend: they’re basically summarizing what others have said but twisting the words to make it appear as if they’re giving new news. Go back and read some posts from the “insiders” within the last 72-24 hours and tell me you don’t see it either.
The truth is, DW is doing this with a VERY close circle of people, I’d wager no more than 6 people, including White, know how this is playing out. From everyone who knows and has posted in the national media about him, this is how he does it. So the “leaks” we’re hearing are most likely reporters grasping for something, anything to put in an article for their paychecks. They aren’t being intentionally misleading, they’re just doing their jobs and reporting what they hear. But what’s they’re hearing isn’t correct because literally no one knows what’s going on.
Based on the AD hire timing and the importance of this one, I would say we’ll get some news with today or tomorrow. If it goes pst tomorrow, then at that point I will become worried about this search hitting rock bottom. But for now, I have faith in White.

Y'all can't see the forrest for the trees. They told us who it was in the very beginning. Why they're waiting to announce it is beyond me. Just to build excitement and surprise seems too obvious. I'm shocked no one has mentioned it.

Y'all can't see the forrest for the trees. They told us who it was in the very beginning. Why they're waiting to announce it is beyond me. Just to build excitement and surprise seems too obvious. I'm shocked no one has mentioned it.

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back