Slice’s smartazz appreciation thread. With official reviews handled by 95 alum

For some reason people today seem to equate being able to use a computer/phone with being able to write code. It's a big difference.
Correct! I have three computers on my desk at work and know next to nothing about coding.

Correct! I have three computers on my desk at work and know next to nothing about coding.
I taught myself how to code (super-basic stuff) but wasn’t allowed to use it at work, so it all kind of dribbled out my ears onto my pillow at night.

It was really interesting, though, and this is coming from a diehard Mac fangirl who is all about the intuitive stuff. Maybe I’ll start playing with it again and annoy my husband, who still leaves the room when he sees a pivot chart.

I know 3 different dialects of SQL and am learning a fourth. Twenty years ago, I could code Web pages freehand and develop apps. Fifty years ago, I could converse in French. Use it or lose it. I’m a Waylon Jennings lyric.

Thirty years ago, it became apparent that I had a knack for strategic thinking and managing things. So, rather than designing and coding full time, I was given projects, programs, teams, and departments to run. My ability to bridge the business need to the technical solution has been on point throughout.

I know 3 different dialects of SQL and am learning a fourth. Twenty years ago, I could code Web pages freehand and develop apps. Fifty years ago, I could converse in French. Use it or lose it. I’m a Waylon Jennings lyric.
Uh oui monseur Avec un flour French toast

VN Store

Back