Sign Stealing Scandal

In theory you’re correct but by granting immunity they were able to figure out what happened with that immunity. Plus the union would have pitched a fit for any monetary penalties.
Sure, but every single player should start relaying signs to hitters starting opening day.

Hinch and Luhnow didn’t devise or benefit from this, but they wore the penalties. Hit the guys getting paid that people think are good baseball players that likely aren’t.

Do you have a specific idea of what a death penalty would entail? I am using the term very loosely, thinking it could be any kind of unprecedented but huge penalty. It doesn't necessarily have to be something that hurts revenue in a significant way...forfeiting every playoff game they won in that stretch, for example.

They were penalized pretty significantly already that hurts their ability to compete going forward by losing their GM/Manager and their first two picks over the next two years (along with bonus money).

I’m not sure forfeiting playoff games does anything. It’s like college. Seems silly.

It is difficult to believe that the players will not face punishment/penalties or that the Series win will not be challenged. If this happened in the corporate world, and someone cheated to get ahead, people would be out with pitch forks, tar & feathers. Perfect example of "all animal are created equal but some are more equal than others"

Alex Bregman & Jose Altuve Finally Apologize For Astros' Cheating Scandal

Sure, but every single player should start relaying signs to hitters starting opening day.

Hinch and Luhnow didn’t devise or benefit from this, but they wore the penalties. Hit the guys getting paid that people think are good baseball players that likely aren’t.

What would be the necessary punishment and how do you determine who gets punished? Let’s say George Springer was against this and never took part in this. Should he be suspended? What if he did for a week and then stopped?

There’s six players in the current lineup from 2017. You could suspensions, but Idk if baseball wants to suspend six players at a time. And try and determine who did what.

Do you have a specific idea of what a death penalty would entail? I am using the term very loosely, thinking it could be any kind of unprecedented but huge penalty. It doesn't necessarily have to be something that hurts revenue in a significant way...forfeiting every playoff game they won in that stretch, for example.
Forfeiture of all International Signing money for 5 years.
Forfeiture of 1st & 2nd round draft picks for 5 years.
Ban on signing any Free Agents for 5 years.

That oughta do it.

Forfeiture of all International Signing money for 5 years.
Forfeiture of 1st & 2nd round draft picks for 5 years.
Ban on signing any Free Agents for 5 years.

That oughta do it.

I wouldn’t be so harsh.

Beltran was advisor on that Yankees team in 2018. Never know how long and who he might have helped.

I wouldn’t be so harsh.

Beltran was advisor on that Yankees team in 2018. Never know how long and who he might have helped.
Huff asked what a death penalty would look like. What I laid out would be pretty damn close to a MLB death penalty.

This isn’t about any other team in baseball.

This is about the Astros. This is about what the Astros did. They’re the ones that got caught here. They’re the ones facing the fire. And rightfully so.

I’d burn em the F down.

Huff asked what a death penalty would look like. What I laid out would be pretty damn close to a MLB death penalty.

This isn’t about any other team in baseball.

This is about the Astros. This is about what the Astros did. They’re the ones that got caught here. They’re the ones facing the fire. And rightfully so.

I’d burn em the F down.

Of course you want them to burn they beat you twice. I get it. I would just say that this was probably a lot more common than maybe some people are letting on. We know it wasn’t just going on in Houston, it was happening in Boston too.

Of course you want them to burn they beat you twice. I get it. I would just say that this was probably a lot more common than maybe some people are letting on. We know it wasn’t just going on in Houston, it was happening in Boston too.
It wasn’t happening in Boston to the extent it was happening in Houston. MLB has said as much.

Fact is the Astros are in the line of Fire. Nobody else.

And they’ve done nothing but make it worse. Their attitudes after the fact have angered me more than the actual cheating.

Reactions: feathersax
“Jose Altuve stole an MVP from Judge in ‘17”

“They stole a ring from us”

“I lost a lot of respect for those guys. Weak”

- Cody Bellinger

“Jose Altuve stole an MVP from Judge in ‘17”

“They stole a ring from us”

“I lost a lot of respect for those guys. Weak”

- Cody Bellinger
true, Altuve was hitting like he was on steroids by knowing every pitch that was coming

Somebody is going to end up getting suspended for a beanball and they're going to immediately end up with a harsher punishment than any Astro received.

Will be interesting to see how many AB the worst offenders get during spring training. I assume pitchers in exhibition games will be happy to plunk them.

Somebody is going to end up getting suspended for a beanball and they're going to immediately end up with a harsher punishment than any Astro received.

Yep. Baseball has set themselves up to be in a bad spot by not punishing the Astro players for their involvement. Not going to be pretty.

I think Astros are gonna get pissed at getting thrown at and people sliding hard into second so much that they blow the whole whistle on every team cheating in the league.

VN Store

Back