SIAP - Interesting article Donnie Tyndall

That's the thing, Pearl dug a fence post hole and the damn NCAA turned it into a grave. Tennessee paid a big price for it.
Thing is, Pearl lied and got caught. Simple as that. Had he not lied, he would still be our coach and Tyndall would never had been our coach. Pearl got off a lot easier than Tyndall and we lost at least 6-7 years of really good basketball.

Pearl has no one to blame but himself. He lied to the NCAA about an insignificant violating and dug his own hole. That was just plain stupid.
I like him as much as any basketball coach we have ever had at Tennessee, but he was not very smart. Take the slap on the wrist and go about doing your job. Without the lying, he would still be our coach and we would have been a consistent contender for NCAA titles. That being said, I am very pleased with Barnes as our coach and hopes he retires here.
Hamilton set Pearl up but he didn’t help himself by lying.

Tyndall got caught cheating at Morehead State. He was on a staff that was accused of cheating at LSU and he got caught cheating as the head coach at Southern Miss. These aren’t isolated incidences. As the Great Popeye would say, “He am, what he am !!!”

Tyndall got caught cheating at Morehead State. He was on a staff that was accused of cheating at LSU and he got caught cheating as the head coach at Southern Miss. These aren’t isolated incidences. As the Great Popeye would say, “He am, what he am !!!”
UT has basically had coaches with 13 years of show cause, unbelievable

Reactions: Border Vol
Tyndal also gave us the Admiral. One of my favorite all timers.
Now that is so true about the Admiral. Love that guy. But when one stops to think of this complete change of fortune in the short time Barnes has been at UT (short to me at least), it is jaw dropping. It is unheard of to be closing the deal on the kind of week the program had last week.

Now we are left to ponder whether Coach Barnes can tweak his style enough to coax these promising players into a being part of a true team with the right chemistry that can survive a long tournament run.....whether he can learn to "like" talented players that he may not have given much PT to in the past......and whether he can trust Kennedy Chandler enough from Day 1 to run this team. It will be an interesting Fall.

Reactions: Border Vol
Now that is so true about the Admiral. Love that guy. But when one stops to think of this complete change of fortune in the short time Barnes has been at UT (short to me at least), it is jaw dropping. It is unheard of to be closing the deal on the kind of week the program had last week.

Now we are left to ponder whether Coach Barnes can tweak his style enough to coax these promising players into a being part of a true team with the right chemistry that can survive a long tournament run.....whether he can learn to "like" talented players that he may not have given much PT to in the past......and whether he can trust Kennedy Chandler enough from Day 1 to run this team. It will be an interesting Fall.
I'm not a BBall scholar, but I do appreciate Barnes letting players know that they are in a SYSTEM

VN Store

Back