SI: Urban Meyer to USC

Urban had an emotional breakdown competing in the SEC with a loaded Florida team. It's hard to see him try that again. USC makes sense, but the new president says no. She could be reminded soon who's writing the checks though.

Honest question: is urban still a homerun hire?
I'd put it this way - if he wasn't in the playoff within 3 years, I'd be really surprised. The Pac 12 is junk right now, and the best team in USC's division is Utah. Utah is having a nice season, but with the right coach, they aren't a worthy foil to USC. Oregon and Washington are in the North.

People forget that he’s only 55. That’s still relatively young in today’s game. Given his history it’s fairvto assume that He’d only be there 6-7 years, but I don’t think it would take him very long to elevate them back to the level that they were at under Pete Carroll.

What about this perception out there that he is a "Liar" ... what yall think

What about this perception out there that he is a "Liar" ... what yall think
I think Meyer would be seen much more so as damaged goods if he left Florida and/or Ohio St's programs in horrible shape or got them in a bunch of NCAA trouble. He left both places under odd/bad circumstances, but it isn't like the programs were in shambles or anything, especially Ohio St. He left Ryan Day an absolutely loaded team and he left Muschamp a championship-level defense; the offense did need some work, but it isn't like that was some secret because Tebow and Co. had all left.

He is a liar, no doubt, but his lying hasn't resulted in big damage (or any damage, really) to the programs at which he's coached. Hence people will fall over themselves to hire him.

VN Store

Back