SI: TN to finish last in SEC EAST

If Tn ends up 4-8, then BJ might want to run for the hills. I don't think 4-8 will happen but again I never thought I would see this program in this bad of shape.

SI predicts TN to go 4-8 and to finish LAST in the SEC EAST - yes even behind UK! :blink::unsure::banghead2:

2014 SEC preview: Alabama leads league loaded with contenders - College Football - SI.com

I have never seen a TN team with season predictions THIS BAD.

BUTCH WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN.

UT has six wins on this schedule, almost guaranteed. 3 OOC games vs lightweights, KY, Vandy and Mizzou at home. And of course there is room for an upset to take the total to seven wins. Bowl win means 7 or 8 wins depending on results. No way UT wins less than 6 in regular season unless Butch and Co. Have a melt down. Six is the minimum, as it is, so was it written and shall be done.

It's a prediction.

There is no research in the world that would have had you conclude Florida would be 4-8 last season and Auburn would be a play away from a National Title.

I think some of these predictions are bad too, but they are opinions and are completely meaningless.

If people knew what they were talking about they'd live in Las Vegas and rake in the cash

Not being able to predict the unbelievable rash of injuries Florida sustained last year is one thing 99.... they should've rightfully been predicted to play for the SEC East title in the preseason and they were iirc.

However, given where the programs currently are, how they performed last year, how they have recently recruited, which team has a head coach with a winning history, which team has an experienced senior QB, which team has the most talent....... how in the hell can anybody with a national audience like Staples from SI actually predict UT to finish behind either Vandy OR Kentucky this year, much less both. There's just no way to do it if you're paying attention or took your task remotely serious enough. Although it's obvious he couldn't care less, Staples has absolutely embarrassed himself with this prediction.

Reactions: 1 person
I know they have not earned national respect but I hope the team is paying attention to what all of the pundits are saying. Picking them to finish last in the division. With some picking them to go 4-8 which would make them the worst in school history I hope they are taking notice and allowing it to motivated them in the weight room and on the field. I know respect is earned but the disrespect being dished out is all over the place. I have always liked a team that has its back against the wall, I hope they have the us against the world mentality of an underdog with fight.

CBJ has this on the bulletin board I'm sure. Us against the world! As a competitor, I love it when anyone says I can't. My favorite words to hear are "you can't." Backs against the wall, come out swingin' Vols! Gonna show some these teams doubting us some sweet chin music.

A: Respect is earned and we have not done that yet!

B: The more we get talked down hopefully makes that chip on our guys shoulder that much bigger!

Going to merge all these respect threads

respect threads....

tumblr_mehdyl2uop1rmxdt1o1_500.gif

Vandy is going to be in the cellar. This is why you hire head coaches, not coordinators.

They don't know anything. They are just grasping in the dark

Its funny because these articles seem less informative than some of the predictions people have made on this site. They are getting paid to put out these articles and are completely missing on many teams.

THis is Sports Freaking Illustrated - This isn't Bleacher Report or SDS.....

This surprises me. With all of these horrible predictions from reputable medial outlets, if CBJ gets TN to a bowl he should be considered for SEC COY.

And I bet SI also picked SCar to beat up aTm and Vandy to beat Temple.

B: The more we get talked down hopefully makes that chip on our guys shoulder that much bigger!

Going to merge all these respect threads

Your both right...probably should merge and respect has got to be earned.

We are not being properly evaluated based upon 2 bad coaches and several misguided players now purged from the system versus the changes being made.

No matter how bad we have been in the past, in the present, Vegas, the money spent by donors, a P5 vs. G5, Home game, the crowd, Coaching & Staff, the change of culture, talent level, and Opening Game.

Also, the off field improvements in discipline/Academics are other indicators of where the program is headed.

Yes Upsets happen, but this should be more balanced at 4-4 or 5-3 Vols vs 6-2 USU.

Look these guys are not going to even address it next week when Tennessee routs Utah State. They probably can't even justify their choice today...Like filling out a Parlay Slip without the odds....

I don't have very much respect for their analysis because there is none.

TIFWIW.

How much respect has this USU team actually earned? Remember, they replace more starters than UT does.

This is a direct shot at Jones. Two teams replacing several players and you predict the one that replaces more and has significantly less talent to win? That shows complete disrespect for the coach of the more talented team.

Reactions: 1 person
SI just came out with their pre-season basketball magazine and they picked us 14th out of 14 teams. No way were that bad in basketball even though the entire team is new.

How much respect has this USU team actually earned? Remember, they replace more starters than UT does.

This is a direct shot at Jones. Two teams replacing several players and you predict the one that replaces more and has significantly less talent to win? That shows complete disrespect for the coach of the more talented team.

I think this is the point of it all...Every Media Outlet stated this was a Great Hire for our program. He was here first year signature win and almost two. Top 25 recruiting class. Comes in at the beginning of the 2nd season with a top 5 class, a cultural change and a system that works. Tennessee at home with hungry crowd and players and a G5 team going to come in and beat us....only way they do is if we are not prepared. CBJ thinks FB when he sleeps, eats and craps. Yea it a diss on him by the same people that stated it was the best hire possible at the time.

SI just came out with their pre-season basketball magazine and they picked us 14th out of 14 teams. No way were that bad in basketball even though the entire team is new.

This is different...Tyndall doesn't have a year under his belt yet....like Jones and yes Tyndall will turn some heads 14th I doubt it. Middle of the pack I think...

After watching that coaching disaster at Vandys game last night, I'm pretty sure it's back to the cellar for Vandy as it should be.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back