SI: It’s time for Harrison Bailey

I would really rather HB be in there after half time at the earliest and maybe wait and go against Arky as I would hate to see him get pummeled and lose confidence in himself.

That being said I would like to see Mauer or Shrout go at least the first half against Bama.
He's a scholarship QB. You really think they can protect him forever? This isn't your typical Alabama defense, Arkansas has a better defense than Bama at this point. He's tall enough to avoid the issues that plagued Stetson Bennett against Alabama with tipped balls. I can't believe people are scared to start a QB in a game that he was recruited for.

Its well know we don't use the middle of the field enough. Why is also pretty well documented. When a DC studies that he can make it pretty tough a WR when he knows where he's not going very often.
Receivers can’t work on beating their man deep cuz they need to run back to the ball...that stunts development. Jalin Hyatt caught one pass that was thrown ahead of him. Can’t be the only one he has in him.

Actually, it's past time......HB should have been playing since about half-way through the first quarter of the last game!
I honestly don't know what he will become... but how do you know he was ready?

As much as I hated to see JG keep going out there, throwing HB out there too early could very easily destroy his career at UT.

PS- we don't know if he's beaten out the other two yet.

I would really rather HB be in there after half time at the earliest and maybe wait and go against Arky as I would hate to see him get pummeled and lose confidence in himself.

That being said I would like to see Mauer or Shrout go at least the first half against Bama.
Plus, give him the off week to get more first team reps.

I really don't see our current situation as being any different then when Todd Helton got injured and Peyton had to take over his freshman year. We have no QB right now. Might as well start breaking in the new one. It is a little baptism by fire to start him for the first time against Bama but it is what it is.
I say the same thing. I believe that HB is the only real alternative to JG. If BM were available we would have seen him by now. JTS comes in and immediately makes a terrible decision. That narrows it down to HB. We had no choice in 94 but start a freshman and I don't think it is much better now.

Reactions: lifeVol
Question for all of you who are afraid of Bailey starting against Alabama for the fear of him getting destroyed or losing his confidence:

Do you wipe the toilet seat before you sit down to pee?
If Harrison bailey is the Man then the mistakes he makes in this game and any other he will simply learn and move to the next play and game. QB's that have the It factor never lose confidence they simply keep playing. In CHRIST Alone

If Maurer is available (not injured), seems like he should get the start. HB may be the future of the program, but how much practice has he had? Does he even know the offense?

Agreed. I'd rather see us play Maurer and let Bailey learn the offense and get a year in the S&C program before he gets trotted out.

Question for all of you who are afraid of Bailey starting against Alabama for the fear of him getting destroyed or losing his confidence:

Do you wipe the toilet seat before you sit down to pee?

I pee outside as God intended so can't answer that part. I am not worried about HB getting shook by bama. I expect mistakes from him and am fine with that. My only "worry" is that Pruitt will yank him after one misfire and trot JG out.

I really just want to see Maurer and HB from here on out. I would rather see Holliday in the wildcat than JG take another snap at UT.

HB needs to start against Arkansas....but I’m not saying JG should play tomorrow

VN Store

Back