Shoutout to Kim English

Hope he keeps getting better until he's ready to take over when Barnes retires in 4-5 years. Unless it's Stephen Pearl.

He's tracking like Barnes. Job 1 George Mason. Job 2 Providence. If he goes to Clemson next, that will be eerie.

He would be an INCREDIBLE hire once Barnes retires.. and im more than here for it

He can recruit NY with the best of them. You know what comes from NY?... Point Gods

What is English's connection to NY?
The last 2 weeks have almost made me miss us not being great lol, the number of posters coming out of the woodworks talking out of their ass about things they have no clue about is truly impressive lol. Waiting for someone to ask why Pons isn’t playing, or where Zeigler is?

You serious, Clark?

Yeah. Can't find the article, but I saw him listed among the most impactful figures in college basketball over the next 20/25 years (forget the number). He's already known as a great recruiter and many in the game think he's going to be a star as a head coach. Given his ties to Knoxville and being a UT alum, getting him to UT seems reasonable.

Yeah. Can't find the article, but I saw him listed among the most impactful figures in college basketball over the next 20/25 years (forget the number). He's already known as a great recruiter and many in the game think he's going to be a star as a head coach. Given his ties to Knoxville and being a UT alum, getting him to UT seems reasonable.
I'm confident that Steven Pearl will never coach at Tennessee. Aside from being generally hated in Knoxville for a few reasons, he's proven nothing as a coach. His best shot at a HC job is riding Bruce's coattails and maybe sneaking his way into a coach-in-waiting situation at Auburn, or taking a very low level job somewhere at a low-major. He just doesn't have any proven ability anywhere outside of Bruce's shadow.

Stephen Pearl is a clown and has little respect within coaching circles. He’s as immature as they come. We should all hope and pray that he is named Bruce’s successor at auburn.

Reactions: EasternVol
I could see Bruce naming Stephen the interim coach in the next few seasons while Bruce is recovering from the heart attack he’s about to have on the sideline in a close game.

Reactions: StarRaider
Not at all, I just am gonna call something out when it’s BS…

With that said, English will have to prove a lot both on and off the court to ever be considered for a job here, he left a bad taste in a lot of folks mouth on campus.

Just because he left after a year? Or is there more to it then that?

Not at all, I just am gonna call something out when it’s BS…

With that said, English will have to prove a lot both on and off the court to ever be considered for a job here, he left a bad taste in a lot of folks mouth on campus.
He was also a huge reason we landed Keon and kennedy soooo…. Idk how bad it could have been for taking a HC job. Maybe you’re an insider lolol

I'm a bit surprised by the hire. He recruited well, no surprise, but his Mason teams weren't anything spectacular in his two seasons. He had a nice run at the end of the season to finish 11-7 in the A10 and had a big win over Dayton, but then got blown out by almost 30 to St. Louis in the conference tournament.

VN Store

Back