Shoutout to Kim English

Not at all, I just am gonna call something out when it’s BS…

With that said, English will have to prove a lot both on and off the court to ever be considered for a job here, he left a bad taste in a lot of folks mouth on campus.
He wasn't really that impressive at George Mason either

The last 2 weeks have almost made me miss us not being great lol, the number of posters coming out of the woodworks talking out of their ass about things they have no clue about is truly impressive lol. Waiting for someone to ask why Pons isn’t playing, or where Zeigler is?

😆. Seriously though, where's Fulky?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hope he keeps getting better until he's ready to take over when Barnes retires in 4-5 years. Unless it's Stephen Pearl.

He's tracking like Barnes. Job 1 George Mason. Job 2 Providence. If he goes to Clemson next, that will be eerie.
If you mention Stephen Pearl coming back here in any capacity, regardless of in a joking matter, I will see that you are banned for life.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
He wasn't really that impressive at George Mason either
Read that sentence again.
His team made a big leap on year 2. Not sure what the expectation was for him there. That final 4 team over 15 years ago wasn’t a normal thing for those guys to expect

Read that sentence again.
His team made a big leap on year 2. Not sure what the expectation was for him there. That final 4 team over 15 years ago wasn’t a normal thing for those guys to expect
9th to 5th in your conference isn't impressive, sorry.

9th to 5th in your conference isn't impressive, sorry.
Impressive? No. Improvement? Yes. Not sure what he inherited in terms of roster, I have no idea what the program was like when he took over but I know they’d had winning seasons. Don’t be sorry to me, I don’t care at all about it either way. I just think context matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: berryvol
Not at all, I just am gonna call something out when it’s BS…

With that said, English will have to prove a lot both on and off the court to ever be considered for a job here, he left a bad taste in a lot of folks mouth on campus.
Like come in and ask Rick what he's doing, then changing the offense and recruiting strategy and helping build one of Barnes most successful teams?

His GM team never beat the Billikens in the 2 years he was HC! Too bad Providence was not interested in taking Ford from SLU!

Also went 0-3 against in-state VCU which is the team Mason fans most want to beat. Kim lost to them by 20 in Richmond this year and it was even less competitive than the blowout indicates.

He's also leaving the program in a mess. His first recruiting class all left after year 1 except for Blake Jones who averaged 5 min and 0 points. His second recruiting class (last year's Fresh.) has one contributor who will likely hit the portal now and another who already has. Four of six leading scorers are portal transfers (including Ticket Gaines & Victor Bailey Jr.) and four of five are Seniors.

The incoming class is highly ranked (for the A10) but who knows if they'll show up.

VN Store

Back