Should U.S. Swap ‘Merchant of Death’ for Brittney Griner?

The OTHER American Woman Jailed in Russia: Colorado Teacher, 46, has been locked up for Eight Months in the same jail as Brittney Griner after a bust-up with her abusive local boyfriend - but unlike the WNBA star, no one is rushing to bring her home

While Brittney Griner's Russian incarceration dominates headlines, another American woman is sitting behind bars in the same jail waiting for the world to take the same - or at least some - interest in her case.

Sarah Krivanek, also known as Sarah Rae Burns and Sarah Duncan, is a 46-year-old teacher and mother from Colorado who has been behind bars in Moscow since last year, when she was arrested for assaulting her abusive, drunk Russian boyfriend Mikhail Karavaev.

He had beaten her up in a drunken rage and she retaliated by cutting him in the nose. Russian media states that she tried to slice it off, but she insists it was nothing more than a scratch.

The boyfriend has tried to retract his police claim but Sarah remains incarcerated. Her friends are now pleading for the White House to take notice in her case, which remains unresolved.

61111247-11085077-image-a-1_1659728412208.jpg

Sarah Krivanek, also known as Sarah Rae Burns and Sarah Duncan, is a 46-year-old teacher and mother from Colorado who has been behind bars in Moscow since last year

The OTHER American woman jailed in Russia who you've never heard of | Daily Mail Online
I guess @luthervol is wrong about needing teachers here in the USA. But we do need WNBA players. LOL

Honestly, I have no idea. I would guess that several countries would arrest a person for possession of hash oil. Also, didn't I read a correction that it wasn't actually prescribed (don't think doctors CAN even prescribe hash oil)? I know she had a doctor note suggesting the use of some type of cannabis for pain relief.

And, she "packed hastily" and accidently brought the drugs? GTFO.

What if I have a permit to carry my firearm in the U.S.? Does that pertain to my situation in the DR?

Wait, you don't find this believable? It's 100% totally believable. It's like saying you forgot you had cigarettes in your bag. I've forgotten when I've had a vape cartridge in my pocket, forget about bags.

It's also such a small amount, why would you intentionally bring that little? Maybe I got this wrong, but she was there to play a season of basketball? What is the point of intentionally bringing 3 day's worth?

She broke the law. She is a horrible person who has abused at least three partners physically and mentally. She isn’t worth trading a known terrorist and arms dealer for

What an emotionally charged non sequitur from someone who can't shut the literal **** up about logic and emotion.

Actually, the concepts of "horrible" and "worth" are subjective, so you're just talking out of your ass.
Please tell me what you believe someone who assaults and chokes a pregnant woman and threatens to kill her and her family should be classified as? And I do not believe she is worth trading a captured terrorist for for PR reasons when she broke the law.

Please tell me what you believe someone who assaults and chokes a pregnant woman and threatens to kill her and her family should be classified as? And I do not believe she is worth trading a captured terrorist for for PR reasons when she broke the law.

Gonna need to see some verifiable proof before I can make classifications.

Either way you're still making emotionally charged subjective statements. Lol.

Wait, you don't find this believable? It's 100% totally believable. It's like saying you forgot you had cigarettes in your bag
Except it was hash oil, not cigarettes.

Of course, if she was using it, she might forget a lot of things.

Except it was hash oil, not cigarettes.

Of course, if she was using it, she might forget a lot of things.

But hash oil isn't a big deal anymore. The known consequence of accidentally getting caught with 0.7 g is insignificant. The conclusion that this definitely wasn't an accident is absurd. It's the most likely explanation. It could have been in there for 2 years.

If you are traveling on an airline/cruise ship and/or to a foreign country, it should be personal standard procedure to do the cursory search of your bags before packing for your trip. Why gamble with your freedom? If you’re counting on any govt security to go along with the whole “it’s just a misunderstanding” gig, then you’re rolling the wrong dice. Has zero to do with how I feel or don’t feel about Griner or anyone else. Gonna make a great episode of “Locked Up Abroad”, though.

But hash oil isn't a big deal anymore. The known consequence of accidentally getting caught with 0.7 g is insignificant. The conclusion that this definitely wasn't an accident is absurd. It's the most likely explanation. It could have been in there for 2 years.

Someone going overseas to work, especially going to a hostile country shouldn’t make such a stupid mistake.

VN Store

Back