Should Tim Banks be replaced at end of season?

Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?

203-4 against you.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
To the OP:

I mean ya no harm personally bud, dont even know you .

I DO 100% resent there even being a thread on the football or ANY other forum of VN asking or even mentioning firing OUR 1st year defensive coordinator who has done a much better job by every measurable means than the supposed "defensive guru" gump coach we just fired 6 months ago.

It is embarrassing. You think people close to Mr. BANKS dont read VN? If not family, neighbors, church family, his PLAYERS, etc??? We lead the nation in tackles for loss...when we have seriously ZERO depth anywhere on defense. None. We are short about 30 scholarship players, out of the 85 player limit that every single team we play carries each week. We lost our top 3 tacklers, a starting corner, starting safeties, both inside LBs, you name it. We lost it on defense.

Vol fans should be super pleased about the job Banks has done with a cobbled together crew on defense similar to our patched up Oline.

Even if they aren't...the guy has coached less than 1 season for us and stupid thread TITLES like this make our fanbase look like we are impatient, crazed idiots expecting perfection Or miracles all over the field immediately following a 3-7 season. THREE WINS. FEWEST EVER AT TENNESSEE.

This stupid thread is stupid. You might not be...probably arent. Think BEFORE you start a thread. If you are bored...READ. This country is getting DUMBER every single year for decades...thus the new 10 point grading scale...also embarrassing...the dumbed down SAT and ACT...go to the politics forum and read some articles about how miserably far we have fallen behind most of Europe and India, Asia etc in the all important STEM fields.

Go learn something dude. I have posted on VN for the better part of a decade...started about 5 threads in that time? None of which were great either btw...so i tend to READ 100x as much as i even post...and start less than 1 thread a year. Garbage like this is toxic to UT.

* also there are some batsheit crazy people in this FF...most people on VN dont ever post here and never start threads here due to these crazy people. The pub, the politics forum, the endzone, around the NCAA...lots of people spend far more time linking articles, sharing photos, even discussing video games etc than they ever would in the FF. Most of us might click on the FF once a day here...just to give the front page a glance and make sure no players got hurt or arrested etc...this isnt even the most interesting forum on this AMAZING site to read and post . Whatever your interests or hobbies happen to be other than football, there are probably other Vols here that dig that stuff too ...check that out instead of doing this. JMO, TIFWIW, 867-5309 GO VOLS.

I would like to see us actually make the changes we need to deal with quarterbacks running all over the field seemingly at will. Every QB we face must look forward to all the rushing yards he is about to rack up 😡

Remember the talent and bodies that we have today compared to everyone else. Need more help at linebacker!

Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?

Is this a real thread? I'm not going to attempt to read almost 400 posts of this nonsense. Banks needs a raise and an extension. This is up there in the top 10 of ridiculous threads EVER on VN and that is quite a feat here in 2021.

Reactions: Lurker
Errbody loving Banks here but that wasn't happening on the running game thread tonight. Lots of criticism of the scheme and coaching decisions.

The "running game thread" is dominated by drunk adults and petulant children and it is fueled by mischievous trolls who keep the nutty comments flowing. I can barely stand to read the game thread in actual time as it destroys any chance to enjoy the contest that is actually happening. Seldom is anything as bad or as good as it is written about on the "running game thread." Great win! Weird win, but great win! GBO!

To the OP:

I mean ya no harm personally bud, dont even know you .

I DO 100% resent there even being a thread on the football or ANY other forum of VN asking or even mentioning firing OUR 1st year defensive coordinator who has done a much better job by every measurable means than the supposed "defensive guru" gump coach we just fired 6 months ago.

It is embarrassing. You think people close to Mr. BANKS dont read VN? If not family, neighbors, church family, his PLAYERS, etc??? We lead the nation in tackles for loss...when we have seriously ZERO depth anywhere on defense. None. We are short about 30 scholarship players, out of the 85 player limit that every single team we play carries each week. We lost our top 3 tacklers, a starting corner, starting safeties, both inside LBs, you name it. We lost it on defense.

Vol fans should be super pleased about the job Banks has done with a cobbled together crew on defense similar to our patched up Oline.

Even if they aren't...the guy has coached less than 1 season for us and stupid thread TITLES like this make our fanbase look like we are impatient, crazed idiots expecting perfection Or miracles all over the field immediately following a 3-7 season. THREE WINS. FEWEST EVER AT TENNESSEE.

This stupid thread is stupid. You might not be...probably arent. Think BEFORE you start a thread. If you are bored...READ. This country is getting DUMBER every single year for decades...thus the new 10 point grading scale...also embarrassing...the dumbed down SAT and ACT...go to the politics forum and read some articles about how miserably far we have fallen behind most of Europe and India, Asia etc in the all important STEM fields.

Go learn something dude. I have posted on VN for the better part of a decade...started about 5 threads in that time? None of which were great either btw...so i tend to READ 100x as much as i even post...and start less than 1 thread a year. Garbage like this is toxic to UT.

* also there are some batsheit crazy people in this FF...most people on VN dont ever post here and never start threads here due to these crazy people. The pub, the politics forum, the endzone, around the NCAA...lots of people spend far more time linking articles, sharing photos, even discussing video games etc than they ever would in the FF. Most of us might click on the FF once a day here...just to give the front page a glance and make sure no players got hurt or arrested etc...this isnt even the most interesting forum on this AMAZING site to read and post . Whatever your interests or hobbies happen to be other than football, there are probably other Vols here that dig that stuff too ...check that out instead of doing this. JMO, TIFWIW, 867-5309 GO VOLS.

What a great post! Go Vols!

The "running game thread" is dominated by drunk adults and petulant children and it is fueled by mischievous trolls who keep the nutty comments flowing. I can barely stand to read the game thread in actual time as it destroys any chance to enjoy the contest that is actually happening. Seldom is anything as bad or as good as it is written about on the "running game thread." Great win! Weird win, but great win! GBO!

No doubt. Sometimes I hold my nose and glance at it during half time. I can't stand to even attempt to keep up with that thread during the game. It is a large cesspool of negativity.

Reactions: Lurker
Far too early for coordinator replacement talk, give Tim Banks until the end of the season and then evaluate

VN Store

Back