Should Tim Banks be replaced at end of season?

Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?

Yes, I know, my VN friends: (1) "We just won a big game, why go negative?" (I'm not being negative, this is just a question in direct response to our objectively bad defensive play) (2) "The D just had a huge TOP discrepancy, they were gassed!" (Agreed, but were they partly gassed because our coaching scheme didn't get them off the field?) (3) "We are low on scholarships and bodies who can play!" Yes, again, I know all that. My question (and it's just a question, not a call for a march on the athletic facility with torches or for a nocturnal visit to the rock with spray paint) is this: DOES TIM BANKS's DEFENSIVE SCHEME HOLD US BACK? Are we going to be able get to the next level with this lack of pressure from our 3 man rushes and infrequent blitzing or stunting, combined with a soft zone in the second and third levels? This impotent combo seems to give the opposing QB that extra second to find the receiver who turns and sits down in a hole in the secondary or breaks into a gap between our flat-footed DBs.

So do we stick with our guy and hit the portal for better players? Or do we find a coach with a better scheme (and still hit that portal)?
teach me to foot ball?

This ranks in top 5 of the stupidest post ever!

Please NO

This D is way down on talent and way down on dept.

If/when they can get some talent and simply “more” players……..this D can be pretty decent.

Think of how much time their on the field…….with how little talent and depth they have…….and they make plays…when they have to. Heck they gave Tennessee multiple chances to beat Pitt and Mississippi.

Yes it’s sucking…….but my goodness their down on bodies and talented bodies and on the field foreeeeeeeeeeeever.

This staff needs to be kept together……all of them if possible.

Just my opinion

No. Tonight was a rough night for the defense, and they obviously have some things to work on. But until tonight they have over-performed expectations given their lack of depth and talent level. And even tonight they did just enough to win the game when they needed to. With more bodies and more time, they'll get it together.

What he’s done is laudable .

VN Store

Back