Should Kara still be on the Board Of Trustees?

The lack of minorities on our coaching staffs at UT is something other SEC teams use against us in the recruiting wars. It is also something that recruits take note of. It's a helpful thing to point this out to people at UT doing the hiring.

Do you know of any specific recruits we've lost because of it?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Do you know of any specific recruits we've lost because of it?

Maya Nnaja is the #10 recruit in the ESPN rankings for 2022. She was a high school teammate of Paige Bueckers at Hopkins, and they regularly texted each other during last season. She decided to commit to Arizona, and her reason was that she wanted to play for someone who looked just like her. In other words, Geno, Jeff, Kellie, and any other white head coach did not have a chance with her. I'm sure most of the recruits just want to go where they can be successful, but as one of the posters asked, yes, to some kids it does make a difference.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Maya Nnaja is the #10 recruit in the ESPN rankings for 2022. She was a high school teammate of Paige Bueckers at Hopkins, and they regularly texted each other during last season. She decided to commit to Arizona, and her reason was that she wanted to play for someone who looked just like her. In other words, Geno, Jeff, Kellie, and any other white head coach did not have a chance with her. I'm sure most of the recruits just want to go where they can be successful, but as one of the posters asked, yes, to some kids it does make a difference.
To some but not that many. Keyen Green said she wanted to play for a strong female coach, and Kellie is what she was looking for.

So, she turned down ALL white coaches to play for a black coach, which is clearly her right to do. But, that isn't a recruit that WE lost because of race of the head coach.

When it comes to recruiting, best to identify as non-binary, multi-racial, multi-cultural, multilingual, multinational, apolitical, and non-specist using every pronoun ever invented.

And never wear the white Converses after Labor Day.

Is Tennessee the only program in the SEC without a minority head coach? If so, it's definitely not a good look...
Martin left for Cal
JJ Clark was let go

Cantu - Women’s HC golf from Mexico
Ojeda- women’s tennis - Texas
Williams (female) took over both men and women’s track after JJ was let go.

We have female Latina’s in head coaching positions as well as a female coach leading a male program. For positions open we’ve filled them

The lack of minorities on our coaching staffs at UT is something other SEC teams use against us in the recruiting wars. It is also something that recruits take note of. It's a helpful thing to point this out to people at UT doing the hiring.
Meaning, they are crappy at recruiting and selling their University and use skin color as a tool. Recruits that take note are recruits that don’t do research of staffs prior. Any recruit who’s serious about a school knows the dynamic before the process gets to the points of negative recruiting.

Reactions: mlindsay
lol I dont consider Adia Barnes to be a black women does Adia call herself a black women???

jonah-hill-cut-it-out.gif

I thought Kara should've stepped down when she took the Duke job. I always thought she wasn't asked to resign because The Powers That Be is hedging their bets that she might be successful at Duke and they don't want to burn that bridge if Kellie ultimately doesn't work out.
Kelly is going to work out and Kara is integrity personified.

Reactions: LadyOrange
Many believe this job came down to Kellie and Kara Lawson. Obviously time will tell, but given Fulmer's track record as AD don't be surprised if/when the day comes we look back at that moment he didn't hire the minority candidate as yet another one of his blunders...
kara has never been head coach so we do not know if she be great ,bad coach or in middle kellie was the right hire at the time. i think kellie will win tenn 9 champship at least.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
After watching Maria on the Buck & 2MC show last night (9/6) and hearing her discuss how other coaches made things up about Pat and the program in an effort to keep players away from committing to us and not wanting us to return to what we once were. It leads me to ask if it is a conflict of interest with Kara being on the Board of Directors until 2024? Should she have to resign from her position now that she coaches for another program?

I ask this knowing that although she is a former Lady Vol, she also has a job to do for the school she is currently employed. Not saying that it has happened with Nikki at LSU or Kyra at Kentucky, but you can't look past what they may have told players or will tell players to keep them from Tennessee and have players commit to their program. And before anyone says it I am not being critical of Kara and I know she is in the ACC and not the SEC.

Would just like to hear/read others thoughts!

UT Board Of Directors
maria drinking water out of a jar. they was old guy who live in my home who put moonshine in a jar. i think maria was drinking oh . but it shows she counry right.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

VN Store

Back