Shorten the Bench?

This has become a boring discussion. But to be perfectly clear, I can’t be projecting anything on you by quoting your posts. Great win over Texas! The Orange team is trending up! GO VOLS!

Like I’ve said I don’t consider playing <5 minutes as a rotational player, but if you or others do that is fine, that’s just my definition is that I don’t and that’s what I was saying. Awaka & Mashack have both been getting double digit minutes, in competitive games going forward I don’t think that will often be the case, even if they get 3-4 minutes that’s still “shortening the rotation” which was my point.

My whole point/meaning was that I think we will see Barnes giving more minutes to a group of 7-8 guys rather than spreading it out to 10 when we are in competitive games. He definitely did that yesterday and has a history of doing it in March as well, we shall see.

But Awaka had 2 double digit minute games in the 1st 11 and 5 in the most recent 8.

Many thought pregame Plavsic would be used to dominate their small front line, now we are saying he wasn’t needed.

Texas has phenomenal guards, yet we didn’t use Mashack…reasoning? Zeigler and Vescovi are even better defenders and Key isn’t far off but doesn’t give the drop off offensively either. It would seem like Mashack would’ve been used yesterday if the idea is to use him against productive wings/guards.

Because Mashack matches up better with small forwards rather than a PG or CG. Plus Texas defends really well and Mashack isn’t much of a threat in that scenario. This top 10 opponent necessitated a unique game plan. He wasn’t sitting because of a seasonal trend. Uros gets a lot more minutes if ON wasn’t having a career scoring day. Awaka is trending up in playing time and Barnes has been heaping the praise on him.

This has become a boring discussion. But to be perfectly clear, I can’t be projecting anything on you by quoting your posts. Great win over Texas! The Orange team is trending up! GO VOLS!
I quoted 4-5 of my posts, if you can’t understand what they say that’s not my problem.

But Awaka had 2 double digit minute games in the 1st 11 and 5 in the most recent 8.
Yea as I mentioned in this thread Barnes has already been doing it in tight competitive games, Awaka usually doesn’t see much time in those games, same for Mashack. Look at the games he played double digit minutes, blowouts for the most part.

Because Mashack matches up better with small forwards rather than a PG or CG. Plus Texas defends really well and Mashack isn’t much of a threat in that scenario. This top 10 opponent necessitated a unique game plan. He wasn’t sitting because of a seasonal trend. Uros gets a lot more minutes if ON wasn’t having a career scoring day. Awaka is trending up in playing time and Barnes has been heaping the praise on him.
So how many minutes does Mashack get in our next game then you think? Mashack would’ve matched up great against their 3 guard who was the one scoring for them, yet we didn’t use him…

What about Awaka?

This is really simple, 10 guys averaged double digit minutes prior to yesterday game….in close competitive games we won’t have 10 guys in double digit minutes, imo the 2 low minute guys in those games will be Awaka & Mashack. That is Barnes shortening the rotation in competitive games and going with the better players/guys he trusts more as thing head towards March.

So how many minutes does Mashack get in our next game then you think? Mashack would’ve matched up great against their 3 guard who was the one scoring for them, yet we didn’t use him…

What about Awaka?

I’d have to study the opponent before making that prediction. But I think that the trend with Awaka continue, Uros will continue to be a situational part of the rotation, and Mashack will as well. 10 in the rotation.

This is really simple, 10 guys averaged double digit minutes prior to yesterday game….in close competitive games we won’t have 10 guys in double digit minutes, imo the 2 low minute guys in those games will be Awaka & Mashack. That is Barnes shortening the rotation in competitive games and going with the better players/guys he trusts more as thing head towards March.

That is high minute players returning from illnesses and injuries as much as anything

Not approaching your level of dragging it out and beating your point into the ground though.
Here’s something interesting….

Currently we rank 116th nationally in FT% at 73.1%…the 6 man rotation of the starters and Key combine to shoot 78.3% from the line which is Top 10 nationally. Plavsic & Mashack are 2 of the lowest on the team, every point matters in close games.

I’d have to study the opponent before making that prediction. But I think that the trend with Awaka continue, Uros will continue to be a situational part of the rotation, and Mashack will as well. 10 in the rotation.
Is just appearing in the game what you consider rotation? Right now 10 guys were getting double digit minutes on average, I don’t think you’ll see that going forward unless it’s a blowout. 7-8 guys in double digits is what you’ll see in tight games imo.

Here’s something interesting….

Currently we rank 116th nationally in FT% at 73.1%…the 6 man rotation of the starters and Key combine to shoot 78.3% from the line which is Top 10 nationally. Plavsic & Mashack are 2 of the lowest on the team, every point matters in close games.

We talking about close games or all games down the stretch?

Is just appearing in the game what you consider rotation? Right now 10 guys were getting double digit minutes on average, I don’t think you’ll see that going forward unless it’s a blowout. 7-8 guys in double digits is what you’ll see in tight games imo.

I would say playing meaningful minutes is being in the rotation. It could be due to foul trouble, injuries, situational matchups, or other reasons.

I would say playing meaningful minutes is being in the rotation. It could be due to foul trouble, injuries, situational matchups, or other reasons.
So getting on the court 2-3 minutes, if so that’s fine, we just have different definitions. As I’ve said multiple times I don’t consider playing <5 minutes and just in the 1st half so someone doesn’t pick up a late foul as really being a rotational player.

So getting on the court 2-3 minutes, if so that’s fine, we just have different definitions. As I’ve said multiple times I don’t consider playing <5 minutes and just in the 1st half so someone doesn’t pick up a late foul as really being a rotational player.

I consider the current rotation to be 10 players. BJ and the 2 sitting out the season are not part of it.

I consider the current rotation to be 10 players. BJ and the 2 sitting out the season are not part of it.
I agree, and those 10 play double digit minutes, I don’t believe that will be the case in competitive games. As I’ve said I think you’ll see 7-8 get double digit minutes in close games.

VN Store

Back