Shea Ralph Talks The Losing Streak

The tale of two programs going in opposite directions would be the men's and women's basketball teams at Tennessee. Barnes and Assistants are turning three star players into five star players quickly. Lady Vol Warlick and Assistants are turning five star players into three stars players rather quickly.

Perhaps she'd like to come help fix the problem. There's a promotion in it and a nice pay raise...

On the bright side, our gals are not losing to CT anymore.
(But only because we're not playing them.)

Next year looms for us like a tornado headed through a campground. :oops:

The following from ESPN about the renewal of the match up should make any Vol shudder ...
"The date of the first game, at Connecticut, is Jan. 23, 2020, which will be during "We Back Pat" week. The second game will be at Tennessee in 2021. The games will be televised on ESPN networks. "

Reactions: cutiepie5
Some of our folks would be ok with that since she technically does have ties to Pat Summitt

Some of don't care if she can tie her own shoes as long as she can coach winning basketball. I have never understood the demand for Tennessee ties among our fanbase. I just want someone who views UT as a destination and can fix the problem.

I'd be very okay with landing her as the next coach. Not sure if there's a correlation, but UCONN has soared to new height since Ralph joined the Huskies in 2008/09 and she's always been very respectful of the program and has made very nice statements about Pat Summitt. I'd rather get someone with head coaching experience, but if we go the assistant route for Holly's replacement I hope it's her or Ivey.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Angling for a job.
So what if she is. I mean someone is bringing all those recruits to UConn. You go undefeated for 100 and something games (i forgot how many they won in a row) you probaly need to look at some of Geno coaches. She has been to Knoxville to Pat's camp.

Reactions: cutiepie5
So what if she is. I mean someone is bringing all those recruits to UConn. You go undefeated for 100 and something games (i forgot how many they won in a row) you probaly need to look at some of Geno coaches. She has been to Knoxville to Pat's camp.
I’ll take a LV alum instead.
Please b careful what u ask for, CHW is UT alum sat on bench with CPHS 2 decades, I don't think an alum is solution for this team, nor is any of Geno's underlings
need fresh start sadly Pat is gone and her legacy is going as well.

Shea does not give a RATs arse about the LVs. She had her chance to come here and went to ucant instead. Stay with geneoff and hush up!

Reactions: lynnh

There's literally no LV alum out there who's even in Ralph's stratosphere in terms of coaching OR recruiting prowess. We need really need to get over this thing where we will only take a LV alum. It will really hinder our shots at an elite coach otherwise since there are exactly zero elite coaches (HC or assistants) that are LV alums.

This is not to say Ralph would come here. I don't think she's on the radar and she's clearly in the driver's seat to become the UConn HC once Geno retires. However, if she had interest in the job UT should definitely talk with her. No question. To me she and Niele Ivey are the two best assistants in the country hands down.

Please b careful what u ask for, CHW is UT alum sat on bench with CPHS 2 decades, I don't think an alum is solution for this team, nor is any of Geno's underlings
need fresh start sadly Pat is gone and her legacy is going as well.

Yes CHW is An alum. Only reason she became head coach is because Pat appointed her. So as far as alums that I would take, would be Nikki Fargas (Caldwell), Kara Lawson. But mos definitely not someone from UConn. No stanks!

There's literally no LV alum out there who's even in Ralph's stratosphere in terms of coaching OR recruiting prowess. We need really need to get over this thing where we will only take a LV alum. It will really hinder our shots at an elite coach otherwise since there are exactly zero elite coaches (HC or assistants) that are LV alums.

This is not to say Ralph would come here. I don't think she's on the radar and she's clearly in the driver's seat to become the UConn HC once Geno retires. However, if she had interest in the job UT should definitely talk with her. No question. To me she and Niele Ivey are the two best assistants in the country hands down.

Not saying it has to or should be a LV alum. But, I certainly will take one over a UConn alum.
Holly’s had her turn at the reins, clearly this is too much for her to handle, so I will be happy with someone else coaching. I’m sure there will really do their homework when and if this crossroad comes upon them.

Not saying it has to or should be a LV alum. But, I certainly will take one over a UConn alum.
Holly’s had her turn at the reins, clearly this is too much for her to handle, so I will be happy with someone else coaching. I’m sure there will really do their homework when and if this crossroad comes upon them.
I don't care where a good coach played. I want the best coach available when the change is made.

VN Store

Back