Shannon Terry - Founder of Rivals speaks on Nico

Heup knows quarterbacks maybe better than anyone since Spurrier
(Definitely better than a band member or a former DC 😉)
I agree...that's why I think HH is our version of Clemson's Taj Boyd, which lead to Watson and Trevor, and while they were building their QB position to top notch, the D positions and all offense positions came along with it. I think we're seeing that result now w/ Nico. JH knows what he's doing.

Oh Nick Is sorry he chased Arch because Nico was interested in the Elephant. Good for Coach who recognized early this Kid has it all to be Tennessee first Heisman winner officially. Now the only thing no one knows is when it comes down to live action will Nico have it between the ear holes. Many QB couldn't pass that test against big time defense. Go Big Orange. In CHRIST Alone

Naah. I'm sure ESPN will anoint another decent DB as their #1 pick if that even comes close to reality.

Milton? You do realize that Hooker is the unquestioned starter?

Milton will only play if Hooker gets hurt or we’re blowing a team out.

Hooker will be gone next year and Milton will still have a year. Not to mention being with our QB coach and Coach Heup for 2 years. He has all the athletic ability in the world if he can just put it together between the ears.
(And for the love of God a little bit of touch)

GBO!!!🍊🍊🍊🍊

They freakin' better!!! I still have a bad taste in my mouth where Heup chose Milton over Hooker. If Nico sits and watches Milton flounder, which he's done his entire collegiate career even at UT, then Nico needs to hit the portal. Nobody gets better watching others play in the games.
I’m all in on him. Throws a nice ball. Hasn’t gotten here yet & you want him to hit the portal? If someone can teach Milton to put some touch on the ball he could become a very serviceable QB. Treyvon very good. Good duel. Too good to sit on bench. Will need 2 QBs in class of ‘24.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I’m all in on him. Throws a nice ball. Hasn’t gotten here yet & you want him to hit the portal? If someone can teach Milton to put some touch on the ball he could become a very serviceable QB. Treyvon very good. Good duel. Too good to sit on bench. Will need 2 QBs in class of ‘24.
Read on another thread that Nico just went over the $1m.

Naah. I'm sure ESPN will anoint another decent DB as their #1 pick if that even comes close to reality.
Woodson was a very good defensive back. Peyton deserved the Heisman. What do you you think Peyton would prefer, a Heisman or 2 SB wins?

Reactions: GameTime
IF Nico turns out to be the superstar we all hope he is,couple that with his personality and constant smile he will be a Mount Rushmore Vol legend.

Its not the popular ooinion but Woodson is a Hall of Famer as well as Manning. Based on the one season alone I am a Homer and Manning all day. However Woodson had a special season in his own right. Both were great players and to be honest I think Woodson got votes due to being from Michigan with all the past Heisman voters and northern Media ( Espn) etc.

The talent level between Nico and Jackson is not even close. Huge difference in abilities. Highly doubtful Jackson is ever more than a backup. Also think about giving Nico an 8m deal to sit behind a dude threw the ball 10 times a game ? That is not likely either. Tayven is serviceable but Nico is a game changing QB they don't usually sit
Agreed. We didn’t pay that kind of money, excuse me, Spyre didn’t pay that kind of money to sit Nico. He won’t RS his freshman year. If he’s doing that then we will have thrown away $4M and maybe all $8M as he could transfer out due to not playing, similar to Justin Fields.

Hooker will be gone next year and Milton will still have a year. Not to mention being with our QB coach and Coach Heup for 2 years. He has all the athletic ability in the world if he can just put it together between the ears.
(And for the love of God a little bit of touch)

GBO!!!🍊🍊🍊🍊

He still has a year left? I didn't realize he did. Hopefully Nico will show he's good enough to get the starting job.

I think Jackson gets to start. Nico is played in a few games, but maintains a redshirt status. Then all bets are off in his RS-freshman year.

It's going to be a huge task for Jackson or Nico to beat out Milton next year.

They freakin' better!!! I still have a bad taste in my mouth where Heup chose Milton over Hooker. If Nico sits and watches Milton flounder, which he's done his entire collegiate career even at UT, then Nico needs to hit the portal. Nobody gets better watching others play in the games.
Durnnit!!! CH should have consulted with you first!

VN Store

Back