Shaka Smart To Marquette

Sounds like Smart is pulling a Counzo and staying one step ahead of the firing man

Was he on the hot seat? I know he had a first round tourney exit, but I thought his year was decent. Asking seriously as I dont follow the wrong color orange that closely.

Was he on the hot seat? I know he had a first round tourney exit, but I thought his year was decent. Asking seriously as I dont follow the wrong color orange that closely.
Been on Hot seat last year and if it was fir a pandemic year last year he most likely would have been fired last year consider the season they had and the season ended early for everyone.

I'll give Texas credit they will pull that fire trigger often. Shaka got fired for same reason as Barnes...wasn't winning tourney games....NIT doesn't count that just shows your team underperformed
Shaka didn’t get fired! It appears he left before he ended up getting fired NEXT YEAR.

Reactions: VolnJC and The Dog
He didn't get fired, it was his decision to go to Milwaukee
I'm thinking he left before he got fired..fans were over it after they got bounced in round 1 again this year...he never won a single game in NCAA tourney there

Reactions: 08Vol
I'll give Texas credit they will pull that fire trigger often. Shaka got fired for same reason as Barnes...wasn't winning tourney games....NIT doesn't count that just shows your team underperformed

He didn’t get fired technically. I think they were keeping him for at least another year. He just decided to reset himself. Barnes won 2 more tournament games his last 6 years than Shaka did, and Shaka had an 11 win season.

Edit: He had 3 straight first round picks from 2017-2019 and probably two this year.

Shaka didn't get fired, he left on his own.

Reactions: SlyStone
I think CLEARLY SS is getting out of town as soon as possible. Probably not fired technically but he never won the way Texas envisioned him winning. If they'll fire the football coach the way they did...and fire Rick Barnes the way they did...then SS is getting ahead of the proverbial curve.

Reactions: EZE
I'm thinking he left before he got fired..fans were over it after they got bounced in round 1 again this year...he never won a single game in NCAA tourney there
Maybe ? I thought I read somewhere Shaka was getting another year, but the pressure and the seat has been turned up to high and hot. Of course, it sure does look like Shaka pulled a Cuonzo before the axe came down

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back