Shaka Smart To Marquette

Boom-Shaka-lack-a! TRUTH: as I'm typing & listening to the radio Alabama's "If you're gonna play in Texas with the "Eyes of Texas" intro is on the air! Burnt Orange karma?

Reactions: VolnJC
Anybody think Texas might go after Oats?
They might try but I doubt he’d leave. He can get paid at Bama and have less pressure than he’d face at Texas. I don’t see Oats leaving Bama unless a blue blood or NBA team goes after him.

Was he on the hot seat? I know he had a first round tourney exit, but I thought his year was decent. Asking seriously as I dont follow the wrong color orange that closely.
College hoops I only follow UT and Saint Louis U, and so I remember Smart's run at VCU. I did catch their horrible 1st round loss in this year's NCAA. I did not recognize either the style of play Texas played compared to his VCU teams or the fact that he has hair...at VCU he shaved his head. While I won't really watch how he does at Marquette during regular season it will be fun to see if he has better success if they get in the Tourney.

I think you definitely make a call...Bama got as much money as Texas though so not sure he would be interested it seems like lateral move
Texas is not a lateral move...that’s a pay raise and better basketball facilities with a good history and recruiting unless Bama can ante up

Reactions: 08Vol
I think CLEARLY SS is getting out of town as soon as possible. Probably not fired technically but he never won the way Texas envisioned him winning. If they'll fire the football coach the way they did...and fire Rick Barnes the way they did...then SS is getting ahead of the proverbial curve.

Bingo. It’s no secret that they want Beard.

Texas,the university where you go to get run off even if you have good teams(football and basketball).The UT loser is in Austin.

Was he on the hot seat? I know he had a first round tourney exit, but I thought his year was decent. Asking seriously as I dont follow the wrong color orange that closely.

I'm not sure he made more than 2 NCAA tournaments at Texas.

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back