Senior Day for JG

Terrible player but tough. He took some serious punishment. I will clap for him

Well said! Fans, regardless of how idiotic some of us act, are the only ones that can't be benched or fired.
I'd probably have 4-5000 posts on here, but I've walked away from so much negativity over the past 12 years. I've taken months, probably even years off at a time. It's a testament to Freak and some other really good people on here that I've stuck around.

C'mon! No Boos! This is our team! Win, lose or draw! Would appreciate very much if you held back booing our Tennessee Volunteers, this year was not the success any of us wanted! Pruitt his Coaches did not come here to fail the student Athletes cramming school, practises- training room dreams of playing College Football trying to dodge Covid playing a 10 game SEC only schedule even JG! He's gotten pounded in the ground for this team! Gotta be devastating to go out like this! The toughest we've gone thru is crap we take from other fan bases! You dont have to applaud! Just dont boo these guys please! VOLNATION these are our guys, our family

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
I humbly ask that for those of you who will be at the game tomorrow, when JG's name is called for Senior Day, please do not boo him! He gave his all to TN, the results were not what we wanted at all times, but that young man has character, class and he worked hard. Show him your appreciation for making Tennessee his home during his collegiate career.

I agree, but I have a question. Is this his 1st Senior Day?

I humbly ask that for those of you who will be at the game tomorrow, when JG's name is called for Senior Day, please do not boo him! He gave his all to TN, the results were not what we wanted at all times, but that young man has character, class and he worked hard. Show him your appreciation for making Tennessee his home during his collegiate career.
I hate myself when I get aggravated and bad talk players but they are kids and we have to suspect they are giving they all. I wouldn't dare boo JG.

He’s certainly gone through some adversity and you can tell he’s matured a lot from it. Remember him as a freshman? He’s really shown some character in his perseverance. Lessons that should benefit him off the field. Good luck to him.

Yes! Seems to be a good young man. Gave his all no doubt. Unfortunately, we have some low class fans among us who will identify themselves Saturday.

Last edited:
Absolutely. It takes heart to come back after last year, and even more heart to help coach the QBs who replaced him this year. Seems like hes always the first one to greet JT or HB when they come off the field. He'll be great at whatever he does after college. VFL

Never boo a VFL!

He may come back just to get the full experience his last year because he loves it so much. I sure as hell would. Even if I’m on the bench. I’m riding that experience as far as I can. Sucks if you would have to go out like this because of covid. I would want to run through the T to a full house again.

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
From everything I have seen JG is good young man of high character and has represented the university well. I feel sad for him in that I believe that his performance issues are a direct result of having 4 different OCs, 4 different QB coaches, and 2 different head coaches with significantly different offensive systems during his first 4 years at UT. This would really mess up a young QB, and it would take an outstanding QB coach for there to be any chance to straighten out his performance - something that I don't think we have at this time. I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
I wonder what JG’s career could have been had he not cast his lot with Butch Jones? Could he have been a solid QB with the right program?

JG will prolly get loudest round of applause today if it’s indeed his last time being our sidelines

Jokes aside. Im not gonna be at the game today but there is no way I would boo any of those seniors today.

Guarantano probably wouldn't get more than a polite golf clap from me though.

And I know its not his fault for Pruitt trotting him out there but I am ready to just move on from this mess.

Much as i am disappointed in the product this season, I refuse to boo Pruitt either. He was given a job and has tried to do it. Not his fault if he wasn’t the best fit for the job. Blame the hiring manager if you must blame anyone
But Phil just did the job to the best of his ability, especially given the crap show he was handed with that coaching search. We should blame his boss for choosing him. But then that person was just doing their job too and it’s not their fault they suck so it’s really their boss’s fault. I think ultimately this is God’s fault. He’s the ultimate head honcho.

VN Store

Back