Senior Day for JG

Remember how we felt after beating Auburn at Auburn in 2018. He played a huge part in winning that game. I know he made mistakes, but let's give him a warm goodbye. We at least owe him that.
He did, but Calloway and Jennings also bailed him out... a lot. Those guys came down with probably 85% of the jump balls thrown to them, and JG throws a LOT of those.

But if we make him feel welcome then he may come back.
He is welcomed back. The issue isnt JG being here, the issue is the staff choosing to put him back on the field and not properly preparing other options. If the kid wants to come back, he has certainly deserved that choice and opportunity.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Keep it classy and applaud JG. He gave his all.
Some people just can't unfortunately. They feel that the performance of a football team or player is somehow intrinsically tied to their own sense of self worth. Those same people would wet their pants if they got booed at Neyland Stadium.

I humbly ask that for those of you who will be at the game tomorrow, when JG's name is called for Senior Day, please do not boo him! He gave his all to TN, the results were not what we wanted at all times, but that young man has character, class and he worked hard. Show him your appreciation for making Tennessee his home during his collegiate career.

He did the best he could as a player. Best of luck to the young man moving forward with his life.

He was really done wrong by Pruitt. Imagine a way undersized running back that wasn’t very fast constantly being put in the game only to be lit up over and over and over again. Many times he fumbles the ball because he just can’t withstand the hits yet here is the idiot coach...constantly putting him out there and telling the fans he is the best guy because he knows the playbook and has experience and the other running backs don’t. What kind of an idiot would we think that coach is. But it’s not the players fault. Kudos to him for always being ready to go back in and get hit again.

Reactions: Orange12
I humbly ask that for those of you who will be at the game tomorrow, when JG's name is called for Senior Day, please do not boo him! He gave his all to TN, the results were not what we wanted at all times, but that young man has character, class and he worked hard. Show him your appreciation for making Tennessee his home during his collegiate career.
This is the Tennessee fan base. There may be only 20k there, but he'll get a hearty booing all the same.

I can’t think of a player who has taken more physical and verbal abuse as a QB at Tennessee. He has pushed through it all and got up every time he was knocked down. We are all disappointed with the results on the field, but no one more than him I’m sure. He has my respect for his toughness and the heart he has played with. He is a true VFL, and I hope he can take away some positive memories from his time here, and not just all the negative ones. I wish him the best, and hope he is successful wherever life takes him.

They should play a video montage of his highs while playing Goodbye Yellowbrick Road.........and at the end it is him shooting his arrow

Agreed. I said something that implied a bad thing about JG yesterday, and I regret it. It is not his fault that he has all the tools to be a great player, except some mental ones. Who knows where that issue stems from? It may be entirely out of his control; and certainly, he is only one player of many who could have made a difference to the team.

I have never heard anything bad about him, and I assume that he has high moral character. Thank you young man for giving your all for Tennessee!

Wait -whut ?? Isn't he starting tomorrow ? I thought he was the only qb we had that ever gave us any chance of winning.

They should play a video montage of his highs while playing Goodbye Yellowbrick Road.........and at the end it is him shooting his arrow
That arrow thing you speak of...yeah it shouldn’t have been a thing. Especially when you’re losing badly.
Beyond that, everyone should be respectful to him. I hope his experiences in Knoxville make him better for it. I don’t know that I could’ve or would’ve continued to do what he did.

Reactions: vol1981

Honestly, I’d love to see a standing ovation for the guy. He’s handled this phenomenally well and has been a complete class act. I couldn’t have handled this that well at his age, nor could the majority of us

Not his fault! I do not blame him for trying, no disgrace in that. I blame the coaches for putting him in a bad situation ...

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Some people just can't unfortunately. They feel that the performance of a football team or player is somehow intrinsically tied to their own sense of self worth. Those same people would wet their pants if they got booed at Neyland Stadium.
Well said! Fans, regardless of how idiotic some of us act, are the only ones that can't be benched or fired.

True. No one should ever boo a player. That is classless, period. JG may not have panned out but it is not his fault. He practiced hard, played hard and stuck with the team despite adversity. He stayed with us when he was benched, hurt and even when 100s of fans mocked him. Blame coaches all you want, not the 18-20 year olds who bleed orange.

Reactions: vol1981

VN Store

Back