Senators Call for the Grounding of the 737 MAX

From what I read theses pilots were fully trained on the new system since they knew the pilots on the Indonesian flight weren't completely familiar with it. Who knows? I've been concerned every time I ever boarded a foreign airline.

Racist

From what I heard earlier the problem could be that there is a new anti-stall system in this plane. If the computer receives faulty data and thinks the plane is about to stall, it forces the nose down to pick up speed and avoid the stall. There is a way to disengage it, but the suspicion is that some of these airlines have not trained their pilots correctly and they get surprised when suddenly the computer sends them into a nose-down dive that they cannot seem to recover from.

As I say, speculation but the sources seemed to know what they are talking about.
This is exactly what I have heard on the radio yesterday. A guy calling in was a pilot for 25+ years and said he has flown the 737 Max multiple times without issue. He felt that there was probably not proper training on this new system.

The fact Boeing knew there was a problem and did little to fix it far outweighs your fake outrage over the shutdown.

You really need to stop posting Tweets and think for yourself for a change.

I didn't say one word about it.

To the real issue, if this is simply a "pilots not having flight time" issue, why has the FAA been dealing with it for months?

Airbus right now.

emperor-palpatine.jpg

To the real issue, if this is simply a "pilots not having flight time" issue, why has the FAA been dealing with it for months?

Good question.

Why didn't the NTSB issue an advisory when it was discovered?

Oh wait! There's more!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/us/pilot-complaints-boeing-737-max/index.html

In November, after the Lion Air crash, Boeing issued an "Operations Manual Bulletin" advising airline operators how to address erroneous cockpit readings. It pointed airlines "to existing flight crew procedures to address circumstances where there is erroneous input from an AOA sensor," a Boeing statement said. The FAA later issued its own emergency airworthiness directive that advised pilots about how to respond to similar problems.

In a statement to CNN on Wednesday, American Airlines said it complied with November's FAA Emergency Airworthiness Directive and the fleet has "not had similar issues regarding an erroneous Angle of Attack during a manual flight." The carrier's Max 8 jets have "a combined total of more than 46,400 operating hours," the statement said, and have completed nearly 18,000 flights since they were added to the fleet in 2017.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

Here you go. I figure you might have a hard time reading anything that isn't a Tweet:

Reactions: NorthDallas40
No, you're just the one that implied it was because of the shutdown.

The tweet I posted highlighted the shutdown part, not me. It's an interesting side note, but to that point no one in the thread had noted the FAA had been looking at this for months.

Here you go. I figure you might have a hard time reading anything that isn't a Tweet:

That's the new journalistic style if you ever read any "articles" on Yahoo news. They have page after page of people copying twitter posts and that is the basis of an article. I don't have a lot of faith in the upcoming generations that rely on tweets and places like Facebook for their news.

The tweet I posted highlighted the shutdown part, not me. It's an interesting side note, but to that point no one in the thread had noted the FAA had been looking at this for months.

I think the simple fact that zero 737max planes operated by US carriers have crashed shows that Boeing, the FAA and airlines were addressing the problem.

It’s gonna be interesting to see where this winds up. From reading some of the US pilot reports it sounds like they were getting bad AOA data. The more stringent US carrier total time requirements are definitely going to come into play more here for safety. Will be interesting to see what redundancy and peer voting algorithms might be implemented related to the AOA sensor data.

In the modern era you don’t need an experienced and conditioned pilot for operating the aircraft. You need one when the aircraft can’t properly operate itself.

Reactions: hog88

You still decided to post it...

Trump ordered the grounding of the Boeing Jets? Aggressive lunatic anti grounding campaign by the left in 3.....2....1...

VN Store

Back