Senator wants UT, "Tiger High" Memphis to compete annually

Tell them to join the SEC and he will get his wish.......
A little hard to swallow with the many issues needed to be addressed in the state, this is what this Clown is focused on. Pretty sure this guy is not a soybean Farmer, living in a low lying flood prone area, has children in a public school, or needs health insurance he can afford for his Family.. Geesh.

I would like Memphis to replace Vandy in the SEC East. Vandy football is not doing anything to receive their share of the profits.

I wouldn’t. That would make recruiting a little bit harder for us in the Memphis area considering they’re a much better program than Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
I have always thought Tennessee should be playing Memphis and MTSU on a rotating yearly basis. A 2 for 1 or possibly home and home with Memphis and a 2 for 1 with MTSU. MTSU could sell the home game for big bucks with the game being played in Nashville on years we dont play Vandy there (sota how Wyoming sold the home game with Tennessee and had it played at Adelphia Coliseum in 2002.) I think this could be perfect in state "rivalry" game to start the season plus give central and west Tennessee Vol fans more chances to see the Vols play closer to their home instead of having to drive across state. Just my opinion.

A little hard to swallow with the many issues needed to be addressed in the state, this is what this Clown is focused on. Pretty sure this guy is not a soybean Farmer, living in a low lying flood prone area, has children in a public school, or needs health insurance he can afford for his Family.. Geesh.

I agree. My first thought was: why is this something that the government thinks it has jurisdiction over? Do any other states have sports matchups that were deemed mandatory by the state government?

Screw Memphis and the Government trying to tell us who we have to play. Disgusting

This crap happens about every 10-15 years, some yahoo living in a luxury East Memphis suburb (Germantown), puts up legislation that is so-kewl for his own political agenda. This type of legislation has been passed at least once before.

VN Store

Back