Senator wants UT, "Tiger High" Memphis to compete annually

I like your point. The fact that memphis beat them at all proves my point though. U also have to factor in that their not on the same playing level that they would be if they were SEC. If they were then they would have the same talent as the rest of the league which would make them better then they are now is basically what im saying
Agreed. Anybody getting in The SEC would automatically get better. They just don’t fit the profile of the schools in the SEC. None of our members are an urban commuter school. All (with the exception of Vandy) are the (or among the) biggest land grant schools in their respective states. But, if you boil down my feelings, I despise the twerps in their fan base. They are violently jealous of the SEC with a massive inferiority complex and are impossible to stomach. They don’t deserve to be in this conference. Let them go to the Big 12 and build a brand first. If the conference ever expands, I’d like Oklahoma and OK State but that’s just me. Or two from North Carolina, Virginia or VA Tech. But I think the penalty for leaving the ACC may be too much to overcome.

I like your point. The fact that memphis beat them at all proves my point though. U also have to factor in that their not on the same playing level that they would be if they were SEC. If they were then they would have the same talent as the rest of the league which would make them better then they are now is basically what im saying
As far as Memphis beating them all, doesn’t that just make them the tallest kid in the kindergarten parade?

Agreed. Anybody getting in The SEC would automatically get better. They just don’t fit the profile of the schools in the SEC. None of our members are an urban commuter school. All (with the exception of Vandy) are the (or among the) biggest land grant schools in their respective states. But, if you boil down my feelings, I despise the twerps in their fan base. They are violently jealous of the SEC with a massive inferiority complex and are impossible to stomach. They don’t deserve to be in this conference. Let them go to the Big 12 and build a brand first. If the conference ever expands, I’d like Oklahoma and OK State but that’s just me. Or two from North Carolina, Virginia or VA Tech. But I think the penalty for leaving the ACC may be too much to overcome.
Look i love my vols just as much as the next man but im not oblivious to other good teams. Im not going to discredit what someone does bc of their conference. The Acc was by far the worst power 5 conference but their champ made it to the title game. Even mentioning UNC tells me u would rather take a bottom feeder from the worst power conference over teams that actually compete for their conference titles??? I lived in Memphis my entire life and i never heard 1 person hate on the SEC. In fact most people there are Vol fans even the ones who root for Memphis. Being from the area and knowing the type of talent they have im willing to bet u that they would have beaten every single SEC team we beat this year and would have blown the doors off Ga st. & BYU. Our league is top heavy and has been for a while now. There are about 5 teams in the conference that could handle Memphis. The other 9 would have their hands full which meams they could compete. The last 2 Memphis HC's are both in the ACC so their system obviously works in the bigger conferences. They are on their 3rd HC in 6 yrs and havent had a season with less then 8 wins in that time frame. The ONLY reason i wouldnt want Memphis in the SEC is becuase it would effect our recruiting in that area simple as that.

The people arguing for Memphis to be a part of the SEC need to just give it up. It will never happen. It’s a very simple reason. It’s the TV Sets stupid. That’s all that expansion is about . There is a better chance that Memphis would join the PAC-12 than be a member of the SEC. We don’t need Memphis, we don’t want Memphis because the only thing that they would do would be to take money. In The next phase of expansion I wouldn’t be surprised to see Memphis maybe get a Big 12 invite, but they aren’t coming to the SEC.

VN Store

Back