Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Me and 3 of my friends all picked it up. 2 of them are coworkers so we talk about it a lot. This is a great game so far (only at the second mini-boss). It is definitely hard even for Soulsbourne lovers/veterans.

Me and 3 of my friends all picked it up. 2 of them are coworkers so we talk about it a lot. This is a great game so far (only at the second mini-boss). It is definitely hard even for Soulsbourne lovers/veterans.

Wait till you face the raging bull....

I’ve beaten all the souls games LOVE THEM and I beat bloodborne. So is this worth a buy? How’s the difficult compared to say bloodborne?

I wouldn't say it's more difficult than soulsborne and I have put more than my fair share of hours into the soulsborne series. It's different. It requires different skills. Once you get past the learning curve you just start carving enemies up.

Reactions: k-town_king
Alright, I just beat the bull today and next up is a miniboss with a spear. Fun times. With the bull, I had to learn when the appropriate time to dodge was. This game confuses me because I feel like I should be more defensive, but most of the time you need to stay on the offensive.

I’ve beaten all the souls games LOVE THEM and I beat bloodborne. So is this worth a buy? How’s the difficult compared to say bloodborne?

All 3 of my friends who loved Bloodbourne, Dark Souls, or both say this game is harder. The sculptures (think bonfires) are much more frequent than in Dark Souls. Honestly, just get it because if you like the other two you will like this one. Just know that you don't have any RPG elements like changing gear/weapons

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Just got there. I am also at Lady Butterfly. I need more health, but I'm stuck at these two places. Gonna do some grinding for more skills and see if that helps any.
Getting Ichimonji will make Lady Butterfly MUCH easier. Also, make sure to use your shurikens.

I actually work right across the street from Fromsoftware's headquarters in Tokyo! But every time I try to go in the door says "Does not open from this side."

Getting Ichimonji will make Lady Butterfly MUCH easier. Also, make sure to use your shurikens.

I actually work right across the street from Fromsoftware's headquarters in Tokyo! But every time I try to go in the door says "Does not open from this side."

Yeah I completely forgot about the shurikens until yesterday. Gonna see if I can get upgrade the shuriken before facing her again, maybe.

Nice! Sucks about the door. Maybe try summoning a worker for help?

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
I beat Lady Butterfly last night after 2 hours of trying. Should have been quicker as I had her with the red dot to kill her and the game wouldn't register my button presses. She ended up killing me as I had only a sliver of health left. Oooooo boy. I can finally move on.

I beat Lady Butterfly last night after 2 hours of trying. Should have been quicker as I had her with the red dot to kill her and the game wouldn't register my button presses. She ended up killing me as I had only a sliver of health left. Oooooo boy. I can finally move on.

I got to a point where I could take her first round without taking any damage. It was the second round that I kept getting wrecked on.

Same. I would get once maybe twice. It's the flying soul things that would get me. On the run that I finally beat her on I took no damage during the first round. I learned in previous rounds that if I sprint around the perimeter when the illusions show up all the way until they turn into the flying souls it really helps. Also learning how to jump at her while using the Ichimonji : Double was really helpful.

This game is so hard for me.. I can’t get past General Tenzen, and having to clear the area for each time fighting him is about to drive me insane.

Edit: I beat him the next try after making this post lol. I just jump kicked and used the axe repeatedly alternating.

Last edited:
This game is so hard for me.. I can’t get past General Tenzen, and having to clear the area for each time fighting him is about to drive me insane.

Edit: I beat him the next try after making this post lol. I just jump kicked and used the axe repeatedly alternating.

I got stuck there for a minute, too. Lol, wow that feels like so long ago. I dunno if you like spoilers, but there is a merchant near Tenzen. Make sure you find him. He has a nice goodie you must buy. It makes some of the future mini bosses easier to fight.

I'm now at the main boss for Ashina Castle. My word this is tough. Gonna skill point farm for a while.

I got stuck there for a minute, too. Lol, wow that feels like so long ago. I dunno if you like spoilers, but there is a merchant near Tenzen. Make sure you find him. He has a nice goodie you must buy. It makes some of the future mini bosses easier to fight.

Yeah I had found him before. I just turned it off after dying to Gyuobo the Demon multiple times. I make it to midway through his second life. A lot of people say he is fairly easy. I must suck at this. I beat the souls games and bloodborne without this much of a problem, lol.

Yeah I had found him before. I just turned it off after dying to Gyuobo the Demon multiple times. I make it to midway through his second life. A lot of people say he is fairly easy. I must suck at this. I beat the souls games and bloodborne without this much of a problem, lol.

Haha! We all suck at this game. I spent at least 2 hours on Sunday trying to beat a boss. Around 1 hour into that 2 hours I had her killed and the game didn't register my button click. She killed me instead. That was fun.

I have three buds who love the Souls and Blood games and they all find this game harder. They very much welcome the amount of sculptures, too. I barely played DS 1. The distance between bonfires got me all of the time.

I wonder if this game is actually harder, or if we were just spoiled by being able to summon help when it got to the point we wanted to move on in the other games. Lol.

I'm now at the main boss for Ashina Castle. My word this is tough. Gonna skill point farm for a while.

Yeah I’m stuck on him too.

He’s the first 3-phase boss of the game. You have to go through 2 deathblows, then he turns into a god-like version of himself that hurls lighting bolts.

Crazy.

VN Store

Back