SECN Prediction

BluetickVol01

Few guys on SECN talking just said Florida out talents us at most positions. Just haven’t been able to put it together.

Said Florida will run the ball with success to limit our possessions. Said TN has one of the lowest time of possession already in all of FBS.

Said we will stack the box to stop the run and leave AR easy options 1 on 1 to make passes.

Their plan is to run, slow the game down to take the crowd out of it.

Interesting take. We will see.

Few guys on SECN talking just said Florida out talents us at most positions. Just haven’t been able to put it together.

Said Florida will run the ball with success to limit our possessions. Said TN has one of the lowest time of possession already in all of FBS.

Said we will stack the box to stop the run and leave AR easy options 1 on 1 to make passes.

More ESPN bias they will be very pissed off when Tennessee skunks Florida on Saturday

It’s really not an interesting take, it’s exactly what they’ll try to do and what their best hope of winning is

Might also have something to do with TN having the fastest snap in all of FBS. I mean, its not like we are lacking in points exactly.

It’s really not an interesting take, it’s exactly what they’ll try to do and what their best hope of winning is

While I am on the fence about this game, I agree that would be a solid game plan.

I believe that the noted philosopher Sir Michael Tyson once theorized that everyone has a plan-until they are punched in the mouth.

Should be an interesting game.

I hate the “talent” metric so much. What a dumb metric. Florida had more “talent” in their walk-ons than USF did in their 1st string how did that game go? How about when we lost to Vanderbilt 3 years in a row probably about the same difference in talent between UF and USF. Point is, if you don’t have a coaching staff with enough experience and knowledge to maximize capabilities you’re screwed. That’s where I believe Florida is right now. 45-17 Vols

Sounds like a few guys who are stuck in the old way of thinking that says time of possession is a key stat.

It is not, as we proved over and over again last year, winning the game while giving away the clock.

Old days: control time of possession, because each team is only going to get one, maybe two, at most three real chances to score all game long. Most possessions will end in a punt. The longer you hold the ball, the better your chances at getting one of those rare shots at the end zone.

Those were the days when final scores were like 21-14 or 14-10.

Those days are gone. A typical Tennessee game since Josh Heupel arrived is a shootout with 50, 60, even 80 total points by the two teams combined.

It is no longer time of possession. it is now breaking serve. Scoring more faithfully than the other guy each time you get the ball.

Funny how many of the talking heads on the sports shows still haven't figured out that paradigm shift in the game.

Last edited:
imagine how many points we could score if we would speed up.
I believe that is exactly what will happen, last year coach talked about another speed and i think we see that this week. The old Shock and Aw for us old enough to remember that

UF probably has the better defense overall but not by a considerable margin like previous years. South Florida scored 28 Points and had the opportunity to tie the game late. I am not so sure South Florida would score 28 points on Tennessee’s defense. I would take our offense and quarterback no question.

Sounds like a couple of guys who are stuck in the old way of thinking that says time of possession is a key stat.

It is not, as we proved over and over again last year, winning the game while giving away the clock.
Exactly. I’m sure this was Kensucky’s plan last year when they beat us in TOP 48min to 12min and STILL lost lol

That's pretty obvious to me...they can run but they can't pass...we score alot so need to limit possessions. Though AR is mobile, I could see heavy dose of blind side blitzes. If we get him down or hit him early and get in his head with the crowd, it will bode well for us.

I think we've got enough quality players on the DL to stay fresh, and barely enough linebackers. If we have to put an extra person in the box all game then AR will get his first TD pass of the year.

We need Tillman to play even hes only a decoy for the first few drives. He will draw their best corner.

I've only seen some of their three games, but they haven't played on the road, or against a team that runs tempo.

They may have more talent on paper, but the gap is marginal.

Reactions: 25vol

I think all of that is true. I just don’t think they will be close to successful enough to do it

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I think the Vols upset Florida next year in the swamp. Too many distractions and pressure this year.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back