SEC Women's Tournament

VolBall09

Thought I would start a thread for anyone who wishes to discuss all of the games throughout the SEC tournament.

Looks like no real surprises so far, Florida was the lower seed but had the same record as Ole Miss. Knocked them off 64-57

Sets up an interesting match-up between MIZZOU and Florida. Earlier this season Florida handed MIZZOU a 2 point road loss in Gainsville. They defended Cunnigham incredibly well in that game, she had only 4 points and attempted 0 3 pointers. They turned her into a passer as she did have 8 assists. As a whole those two teams do have similar style of play, relying heavily on the 3 and without a true post presence. Porter has improved since that meeting and could be a difference maker. Would suspect MIZZOU will thump them this time around, but we shall see!

Alabama appears to have the game against Vandy under control. They will play Auburn in the next round who has beaten them twice this season, once by 10 in January and then demoralizing them by 39 in mid February.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Will not be watching any Lady Vols games until the abysmal coaching staff is replaced. It is a travesty what has happened to such a proud program. The really sad part is that the players don't even seem to care from what I've seen.

Vandy looked woeful against Alabama. I'll never understand how the Lady Vols lost to them. It will be interesting to see how much orange shows up tomorrow. One thing I like about Greenville is they don't try and rip you off on parking like Nashville does. It was 6 bucks today.

Reactions: VolBall09
Looking at LSU’s schedule, they beat many of the sec teams we lost to and some of them convincingly. This game will be toss up.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Looking at LSU’s schedule, they beat many of the sec teams we lost to and some of them convincingly. This game will be toss up.

LSU is much like UT, you never know which team is going to show up. I think they are a little easier to defend than us as they truly have no 3 point threat. UT has made almost double the number of 3s compared to LSU on the season. Do you think it is a coincidence that the two teams perform so similarly and their coaches are best friends? I sure don't.

They will only beat Tennessee if they control the boards, force live ball turnovers and score in transition and putbacks...because their half court offense is woeful and their guards can't shoot. So...they're basically Tennessee.

Ayanna Mitchell is IMO the best player on the court. A pity she doesn't have any help

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Reading the comments about how awful LSU is, it makes us look even worse seeing as they have no ‘top rated’ players and we have much more talent and have lost so many games we should have won.

Reactions: VolBall09
Reading the comments about how awful LSU is, it makes us look even worse seeing as they have no ‘top rated’ players and we have much more talent and have lost so many games we should have won.
I think Ayanna Mitchell was vastly underrated in HS. My prediction is that she's going to make another coach very happy as a graduate transfer next season. She'd be stupid to stay at LSU.

LSU is an advantageous matchup imo compared to a lot of other SEC teams.

With that said, I never trust Holly...least of all when it's a single game to decide our tournament hopes.

I'll be watching...win or lose...:D

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will watch until it gets too bad to watch. If it dosen't get that bad, I will be able to watch again. I have just lost faith because of their ability to play comsistant basketball and watch all that talent go to waste.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
It really hurt having Evina pick up those two fouls. This could be our last half of basketball of the year.

So far Florida is hanging tough with MIZZOU and have some other players aside from Funda hitting shots.

If they continue to knock down shots it could spell trouble for MIZZOU.

I'll be watching...win or lose...:D

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a good fan, surely a far better fan than me. I'm glad they won, but I'm simply tired of them.

After 40 solid years of following the Lady Vols like a religion (through winning and losing)--beginning, by the way, when a super-solid guard named Holly Warlick was becoming an All American--I can no longer find enthusiasm for a "team" that mails it in whenever the spirit moves it. Holly was a great player, she was a great assistant, she is a great person, but, unfortunately, she is not a great head coach. She's still a VFL and one of my favorite players of all time. I just don't think she is cut out to be a head coach. There's nothing wrong with that. Most of us aren't either (although a lot of us think we are).

Honestly, I don't know how good the players are either, physically or mentally. Their profiles say they were all-everything in high school, but not anymore. I know for sure that they aren't focused, they aren't tough, and I know they don't play together as a team. Whether or not they can be a good team is an unknown. From this year's results, I doubt it.

I hope my enthusiasm comes back some day when a real Lady Vols team returns to the court. Until then, I think we simply have some students posing in Lady Vol basketball gear. I hope they go on to win some more games this year, but I'm not betting on it anymore.

Reactions: mcannon1
Does GA losing to Arky help us with the NCAAs in ya’lls opinion? Looks like they’re going down.

Last edited:
Does GA losing to Arky help us with the NCAAs in ya’lls opinion? Looks like their going down.

No, neither team is predicted to make the NCAA tournament. Only thing that could hurt us in the SEC tournament is if someone not predicted in the NCAA tournament wins the whole thing.

Reactions: ChattyVolfan
Yeah I just looked it up. I guess I just assumed since they were seeded higher than us in the SEC tourney, they were one of the 7 SEC schools he had in but I saw we were the 7th and they weren’t. Carry on. Beat State...miracles do happen.

VN Store

Back