SEC Women's Tournament

Yeah I just looked it up. I guess I just assumed since they were seeded higher than us in the SEC tourney, they were one of the 7 SEC schools he had in but I saw we were the 7th and they weren’t. Carry on. Beat State...miracles do happen.

Tomorrow, one's gonna

No, neither team is predicted to make the NCAA tournament. Only thing that could hurt us in the SEC tournament is if someone not predicted in the NCAA tournament wins the whole thing.

A Indiana win over Minnesota tonight will hurt Tenn

Good time at the tourney today. I really enjoyed the Arkansas vs Georgia game. Sitting among Dawg nation was entertaining. Another big day of bball tomorrow. Go Lady Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
Good time at the tourney today. I really enjoyed the Arkansas vs Georgia game. Sitting among Dawg nation was entertaining. Another big day of bball tomorrow. Go Lady Vols!

I was really impressed with Arkansas, they shot the ball very well yesterday. If they ratchet up their defense a little today and shoot like that again South Carolina could be in trouble. Arkansas can score in waves.

Love coach Neighbors too, he was always great at having his team PAC-12 tournament ready when he was at Washington "survive and advance." I really liked that he didn't even address them in the huddle a couple times, he let them catch their breath, let his assistant go over some defensive schemes and told them to keep on keepin' on.

Well balanced scoring with all 5 starters in double figures, then Dungee for 31. That kid can play, she scores from every spot on the floor and gets to the line very well. They kept comparing her to Sheryl Swoopes, an accurate comparison in my opinion. On offense anyway, her defense needs to catch up a bit.

Tennessee = $$$$

And not having to show empty stands on TV. Usually anyway.
I don't think it will matter since Tennessee is not hosting even if they make the tournament. The only time I see their presence affecting attendance on their opponents home court is if they end up in Albany as the #8/9 seed, with fans lining up outside to watch the slaughter.

Reactions: djtee
I don't think it will matter since Tennessee is not hosting even if they make the tournament. The only time I see their presence affecting attendance on their opponents home court is if they end up in Albany as the #8/9 seed, with fans lining up outside to watch the slaughter.

My guess is they will but them in the Greensboro region as an 11 seed. They'll draw fans for the early round games which is good for the host sites.

My guess is they will but them in the Greensboro region as an 11 seed. They'll draw fans for the early round games which is good for the host sites.
I think it has more to do with who the host school is vs. the opponent. It has to be a school that can attract fans to start with. I think the Tennessee name has diminished enough that it won't make a significant impact on attendance. They can't even get 10,000 people to show up for Senior Day on their own court.

I think it has more to do with who the host school is vs. the opponent. It has to be a school that can attract fans to start with. I think the Tennessee name has diminished enough that it won't make a significant impact on attendance. They can't even get 10,000 people to show up for Senior Day on their own court.

I don't think you get it. Most women's basketball programs attract fewer than 500 fans per game, if that. UT, even after sliding so far, still attracts almost 10,000 for home games. That's still unheard of in most of women's basketball. Including some of the top programs.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I don't think you get it. Most women's basketball programs attract fewer than 500 fans per game, if that. UT, even after sliding so far, still attracts almost 10,000 for home games. That's still unheard of in most of women's basketball. Including some of the top programs.

No, you're the one who doesn't get it. Who cares what Tennessee draws at home? They won't host. So unless Tennessee fans are willing to travel to (using Bracketology as an example) Waco, Iowa City or Raleigh to watch Tennessee get thumped by a higher seed, then the attendance in the game will probably be close to that team's season average. If the host school can't get fans to attend their games in the first place, playing Tennessee won't change that unless it's the LV fans that are willing to travel to watch an away agame.

Reactions: feathersax
No, you're the one who doesn't get it. Who cares what Tennessee draws at home? They won't host. So unless Tennessee fans are willing to travel to (using Bracketology as an example) Waco, Iowa City or Raleigh to watch Tennessee get thumped by a higher seed, then the attendance in the game will probably be close to that team's season average. If the host school can't get fans to attend their games in the first place, playing Tennessee won't change that unless it's the LV fans that are willing to travel to watch an away agame.

You're still missing the point, I'm not going to argue with you.

You're still missing the point, I'm not going to argue with you.
I assume your point is that Tennessee averaging 8,000 fans is pretty good in the grand scheme of things when other schools can't draw 500 fans. That's great and all, but that's irrelevant to the discussion regarding the NCAAT.

Reactions: feathersax
Kentucky is really missing McKinney in this game, Missouri is killing them in the paint posting up their guards. They don't have anyone that can match-up with Smith like she would have. Plus they have Cunnigham who can do the same thing.

27-19 Missouri over KY at the half.

Kentucky just can't get one to go down. Free throw line is the only thing keeping them in the game. Without those 7 points at the line...yikes. 18% from the field and 0-7 from 3, they have had some decent looks too, just not falling yet. Missouri had 13 turnovers and played pretty ugly as well. If Kentucky starts hitting shots in the second half I think they win this one in a close game in the 50s. Potentially and OT game.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Kentucky just can't get one to go down. Free throw line is the only thing keeping them in the game. Without those 7 points at the line...yikes. 18% from the field and 0-7 from 3, they have had some decent looks too, just not falling yet. Missouri had 13 turnovers and played pretty ugly as well. If Kentucky starts hitting shots in the second half I think they win this one in a close game in the 50s. Potentially and OT game.

We'll see what happens. Arkansas vs S.Carolina is the next game up.

We'll see what happens. Arkansas vs S.Carolina is the next game up.

I think that one will be a fun one to watch! I've been enjoying watching Arkansas the last couple months, they're starting to "figure it out" under Coach Neighbors and they don't play sloppy. Yes they play fast, but under the direction of their coach. I agree with his philosophy of "shoot before you turn it over" only thing worse than a bad shot is no shot at all. Already light years ahead of where they were under Jimmy Dykes and it's only been two seasons.

Lady Vols softball team plays @ Florida starting today at 5:00 pm ct. I'll probably switch over & watch the girls playing that game. It's on the SEC+ (computer) Network. TN will be the underdog. It's three days of softball.

VN Store

Back