SEC Tournament Seeding

UK likely drawing LSU or Bama for their first game in those. Sort of like that

I don't get why the #2 seed(us) in those scenarios gets a team coming off 1 game but the #4 seed (UK) potentially gets a team coming off 2 games.

I don't get why the #2 seed(us) in those scenarios gets a team coming off 1 game but the #4 seed (UK) potentially gets a team coming off 2 games.
Simple Bracketing and technically if the bracket holds then all 1-4 seeds get teams coming off one game.

Simple Bracketing and technically if the bracket holds then all 1-4 seeds get teams coming off one game.

Just seems like the #4 seed gets a possible advantage other than potentially playing a better seed in their first game.

Lol. You would think this team lost yesterday with how that joke of a local show, The Sports Source, is eulogizing this team and saying they aren’t good enough to make a Final Four and yesterday was showing why.

Jimmy Hyams just straight up said he doesn’t think we have good point guard play……….uh, what!?!
He’s a joke, he said Auburn would beat us too but then didn’t wanna back track and give Tennessee credit for the W.

Yep. They’ll have the edge, but it won’t be an easy game. There wasn’t going to be an “easy” semi-final game, so you’re going to have to beat a good team regardless.
While true, Kentucky has the biggest edge against us per KP. Auburn would’ve been about a pick ‘em’ and we’d be favored over Arkansas.

While true, Kentucky has the biggest edge against us per KP. Auburn would’ve been about a pick ‘em’ and we’d be favored over Arkansas.

Oh, I know. I was rooting hard for the Gators. I’d rather have had Arkansas as the 3-seed, but either way we’ll have a tough game no matter what. Just gotta win.

Just seems like the #4 seed gets a possible advantage other than potentially playing a better seed in their first game.
Am I missing something, We play either the 7th or 10th seed in our first game and the 4th seed plays the 5th or the 13th or 12th seed. Seeing Ole Miss and Missouri play my guess is that Arkansas will play LSU in their first game. In contrast we play USCe or Mississippi State in our first game...

What's more, I don't think that KY will cakewalk Alabama....Maybe wrong but not assuming anything at this moment....

Reactions: zaqhhh
I see everybody's point...just seemed a little strange to me.

Lol. You would think this team lost yesterday with how that joke of a local show, The Sports Source, is eulogizing this team and saying they aren’t good enough to make a Final Four and yesterday was showing why.

Jimmy Hyams just straight up said he doesn’t think we have good point guard play……….uh, what!?!
If I want to know about classic Broadway musicals, or need help picking our curtains, I’ll ask Jimmy Hyams.

Reactions: LibertyVol

VN Store

Back