SEC Tournament Game Thread: (3) Lady Vols vs. (2) South Carolina

I just noticed, I won't be able to see this game today .... it's to be on ESPNU. It's not on my cable TV line-up.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I suppose I can listen to the game on radio of which I'd hate to do !!

If we win the game against SC .... I can always go & watch the replay. Joy Joy. GBO !!!
Margo is going to stream the game on her Lady Vol Facebook page

To be honest; Ole Miss is a team we could’ve lost to because they’re similar to SC and A&M in the athleticism of their guard and how they can pull up quickly for shots midrange shots and hit threes when their shot is falling with reckless abandon. Ole Miss will be crazy good next year. They were great preparation for this SC team; and Boston isn’t as athletic nor have the range of Austin. Our bugs matchup better with her.

If Rennia is Rennia. Rae comes for blood after yesterday. Horston continue her play as of late. Key stay out of foul trouble; and make up for yesterday both offensively and defensively. KK continues fighting to prolong her senior season. Jordan Walker brings her intensity without the mental lapses(which was pivotal to showing Ole Miss we weren’t afraid of them). Marta and Salary value the ball. We win. I like they are keeping with the mantra of playing Tennessee basketball. Because even with mistakes, as long as they play their game and don’t get rattled; they always have a chance.

Let’s go ladies! We believe!

Why not us?
When we limit our unforced errors, we can beat any of the top teams. We proved that against UNCONN, USC and A&M. I don't necessarily blame the players because it is up to the coaching staff to correct such things. If we commit anywhere near the unforced mistakes we made against Ole Miss we will be very lucky to make it to the championship game. However, I believe this will be a tight one, but we will prevail.

I'm comfortable with how the starting 5 match up. I'm more concerned with how our bench plays.
They definitely have us when it comes to the bench. I know Kelly will only play eight again and you have to worry about the fatigue factor. Dawn played most of her major starters over 30 minutes yesterday and so did we so no advantage there. Key only 19 minutes should be ready to play some big minutes today. You wonder if Dawn will use more bench play today she has five star players that go ten deep. The thing about the SEC Tourney is it is a much more physical grind than the NCAA Tourney. You need a lot deeper bench than we have to compete three days in a row. Players to worry about today are Burrell cramps and KK over 30 very hard physical minutes with just a few hours rest. I have no worries about Davis or Horston both I think could play 80 minute games without a rest.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
The Cocks feel like they're going to win, but "Lady Luck" is leaning toward the Lady Vols.
307140_20201029_WB_TeamPhoto_AF_002.jpg

I just noticed, I won't be able to see this game today .... it's to be on ESPNU. It's not on my cable TV line-up.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I suppose I can listen to the game on radio of which I'd hate to do !!

If we win the game against SC .... I can always go & watch the replay. Joy Joy. GBO !!!
For some reason I had NO Luck getting to listen to yesterday’s game on the radio! Sny ideas how/why?

Marta Suarez was moving really well yesterday hope she can contribute today!!!

She was moving better. But they picked on her on defense and she had a candidate for "worst pass of the day". Overall, not a good day for her. Suarez, and especially Key & Burrell, need to play better for us to win.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
She was moving better. But they picked on her on defense and she had a candidate for "worst pass of the day". Overall, not a good day for her. Suarez, and especially Key & Burrell, need to play better for us to win.

I just hit the floor LMAO ! :D candidate for "worst pass of the day" i did not see that coming good one.

lol yeah but at least she isnt hobbling down the court anymore

Reactions: 37620VOL
For some reason I had NO Luck getting to listen to yesterday’s game on the radio! Sny ideas how/why?

I thought I'd try the radio play-by-play at UTsports.com under the "womens basketball schedule" where it says listen to the game. I don't really have an actual radio station I'd turn to for this.

I’m nervous haha i know we still get in with a top 4 seed but i want a good team win🤣

VN Store

Back