SEC Today

Bad week for predicting scores as Missouri beat favored LSU, Tried Tennessee over Kentucky even though they were the underdog, and Florida over Vandy was another upset so record is down to 10 and 4 for the season.

Thursdays games:

Tennessee at Ole Miss must win for us losing this one would set us back to last year easily. Tennessee should win they are an 18 point favorite it may be harder than expected. Tennessee 75 Ole Miss 58

Arkansas at South Carolina South Carolina will pound them on the board and this could look a lot like their Kentucky win of a week ago. South Carolina 95 Arkansas 77

Mississippi State at Missouri Mississippi State want make the same mistakes LSU made and will win this one going away Miss St 77 Missouri 60

Florida at Auburn wow this is a tossup Auburn is terrible but so is Florida even is they did beat Vandy hard to decide which way to go guess take the home team Auburn 65 Florida 60

Vanderbilt at Georgia is another game where either team could win but I like Georgia in this one 75 to 68

Kentucky at Alabama the night that Howard has a bad night Kentucky will lose one of these games on the road. Gonna take Kentucky but Alabama is gonna upset someone along the way. Kentucky 80 Alabama 70

LSU at Texas A&M A&M should win at home they are playing at a high level right now Texas A&M 78 LSU 65

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyvol777
There are some really really bad teams in the conference. There will be lots of ugly b-ball this season. S.C. may go undefeated in conference play.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
There are some really really bad teams in the conference. There will be lots of ugly b-ball this season. S.C. may go undefeated in conference play.
SC could go undefeated your toughest tests are always on the road and their road schedule is far better than most in the conference. They will be challenged by Texas A&M and Mississippi State but they are both home games. There away schedule is mostly easy teams except maybe Kentucky and unlike Tennessee they will find a way to slow their top player down even if they have to double or triple team the ball out of her hands. Since they already beat them by 27 KY will be up for the game but expect they still lose it by double digits. Arkansas has a shooters chance when they play there but that looks like another SC win as well they could definitely go 16 and 0 in the league.

Reactions: Ladyvol777 and PG1
4 and 3 Thursday Night would have never though A&M would lose to LSU of course Carter injury huge unknown factor that happened or even Georgia to Vandy. Some strange goings on in the league this season and also in the nation. Record is now 14 and 7.

Tennessee vs Georgia Tennessee should win has to win to continue their march to an NCAA berth and top five finish in the SEC. Tennessee 75 Georgia 58

Alabama at Auburn Have come to the conclusion that Auburn is terrible probably along with Ole Miss the two worst teams in the league. Alabama 75 Auburn 60

Mississippi at LSU Not going to miss this one LSU 80 Ole Miss 35 thinking Ole Miss does not win an SEC game unless they find a player or two on campus not likely to happen.

Missouri at Arkansas Arkansas needs a win and they are at home should be a lot of three pointers made in this one Arkansas 85 Missouri 70

South Carolina at Vandy Vandy has been playing well and they did only lose by 11 to UConn earlier this season. South Carolina 80 Vandy 68

Kentucky at Florida Florida has been winning big at home really was surprised they beat Vandy think they lose at home this time Kentucky 74 Florida 63

Texas A&M and Mississippi State not playing this weekend.

6 and 0 on Sunday not that difficult as most were one sided matchups with Tennessee vs Georgia the one was most concerned with. Tennessee won handily so the overall record up to 20 and 7 on the season picking the SEC and thus far just a few minor upsets in the league over the first couple weeks of games.

Thursdays games
'
Tennessee at Florida I am always concerned that we'll come in flat guess after watching it happen so many times the last few years becomes ingrained in your mind. We should win this one Tennessee 75 Florida 58

Texas A&M at Kentucky Carter was out with a knee injury last game if she is not back this is an easy Kentucky pick if she is back depends on how she plays regardless I will take Kentucky 78 to 70

LSU at Mississippi State after barely getting by Ole Miss on the road LSU faces the real tough Mississippi team and they lose Miss St 69 LSU 54

South Carolina at Missouri another win for South Carolina don't expect it to be much of a contest South Carolina 80 Missouri 55

Only four games Thursday Night Go Lady Vols!!!!!!!

Reactions: JayQueUK
Four for four and a couple of games that were different than expected. Kentucky crushes A&M by 22 expected a close game even without Carter. LSU gave Miss St all they wanted in their contest. Record goes to 24 and 7 on the season.

Games for Sunday:

Auburn at Georgia these days any team except maybe Ole Miss is glad to see Auburn come to town and I guess Ole Miss gets excited as well. Georgia should win this one easily. Georgia 75 Auburn 54

Kentucky at LSU this is looking like a real competitive game that will come down to how well LSU defends against their star player. Either team could win taking the upset LSU 68 Kentucky 65

Missouri at Ole Miss When a game is played someone has to win. Neither of these teams are very good and I think about how well Ole Miss played against LSU but I think Missouri has enough to beat them 60 to 55

Florida at Texas A&M This should be a in for Texas A&M some players just have to step up and take up the slack as much as they can left by Carter Texas A&M 73 Florida 55

Arkansas at Vanderbilt. Which Vandy team shows up has been the question this year. I think even if the good team shows up they will have trouble winning this game but it could be close. Arkansas 83 Vanderbilt 74

Monday Games

Alabama at Tennessee Been a long time since we beat them after Pat Summit had them 39 to 2 Holly has her troubles. New year and let's hope a Tennessee win. Tennessee 80 Alabama 70

Miss St at South Carolina Miss St has been escaping with some wins here lately in some very close game. I don't know how close they can keep this one. South Carolina 82 Miss St 69

Really need LSU to knock off Kentucky and as far as Tennessee goes would love to see Miss St and Vanderbilt win as well. The big one is Tennessee winning and if LSU wins plus somebody got to lose the Miss St Sc game so we could be at least tied for second if we can win Monday night.

Last edited:
I don't see MSST beating SC. Gamecocks are so above the field right now it's not even funny. You talk about the great chemistry Tennessee has this year...SC has been even more impressive IMO.

I don't see LSU beating UK. Howard will go off on them, and the other perimeter players are starting to heat up too. They should have been blown out by MSST last night if the Bulldogs didn't sleepwalk in the last 15 minutes.

I agree with the rest of your picks and margins.

I don't see MSST beating SC. Gamecocks are so above the field right now it's not even funny. You talk about the great chemistry Tennessee has this year...SC has been even more impressive IMO.

I don't see LSU beating UK. Howard will go off on them, and the other perimeter players are starting to heat up too. They should have been blown out by MSST last night if the Bulldogs didn't sleepwalk in the last 15 minutes.

I agree with the rest of your picks and margins.

I watch the LSU / State game last night LSU pg J. Richard-Harris can`t shoot the ball and it hurt them last night. She played 24 mins and scored 0 pts. State was letting her shoot. She only took 3 shots and the 3 shots look awful.

Four for four and a couple of games that were different than expected. Kentucky crushes A&M by 22 expected a close game even without Carter. LSU gave Miss St all they wanted in their contest. Record goes to 24 and 7 on the season.

Games for Sunday:

Auburn at Georgia these days any team except maybe Ole Miss is glad to see Auburn come to town and I guess Ole Miss gets excited as well. Georgia should win this one easily. Georgia 75 Auburn 54

Kentucky at LSU this is looking like a real competitive game that will come down to how well LSU defends against their star player. Either team could win taking the upset LSU 68 Kentucky 65

Missouri at Ole Miss When a game is played someone has to win. Neither of these teams are very good and I think about how well Ole Miss played against LSU but I think Missouri has enough to be them 60 to 55

Florida at Texas A&M This should be a in for Texas A&M some players just have to step up and take up the slack as much as they can left by Carter Texas A&M 73 Florida 55

Arkansas at Vanderbilt. Which Vandy team shows up has been the question this year. I think even if the good team shows up they will have trouble winning this game but it could be close. Arkansas 83 Vanderbilt 74

Monday Games

Alabama at Tennessee Been a long time since we beat them after Pat Summit had them 39 to 2 Holly has her troubles. New year and let's hope a Tennessee win. Tennessee 82 Alabama 67

Miss St at South Carolina Miss St has been escaping with some wins here lately in some very close game. I don't know how close they can keep this one. South Carolina 82 Miss St 69

Really need LSU to knock off Kentucky and as far as Tennessee goes would love to see Miss St and Vanderbilt win as well. The big one is Tennessee winning and if LSU wins plus somebody got to lose the Miss St Sc game so we could be at least tied for second if we can win Monday night.

Should be a fun SEC season. I think we have set ourselves up well in this first third of the season. At no point last season were we even close to sniffing a top four finish in the SEC. Let alone being in a position to finish in the top 2 or 3 if we win the right games. Feels much better.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I watch the LSU / State game last night LSU pg J. Richard-Harris can`t shoot the ball and it hurt them last night. She played 24 mins and scored 0 pts. State was letting her shoot. She only took 3 shots and the 3 shots look awful.

But I bet her shot looked better than Ayanna Mitchell's free throws. That is the ugliest shot putt hurl I've ever seen on a basketball court.

Reactions: djtee and VolBall09

There was poor shooting to go around in this one. When is the last time you watched a game where there was ONE made three pointer (LSU 1-4, MSU 0-4)? Unheard of in today's era. Not only that, but both teams were atrocious from the free throw line shooting well below 50%...

There was poor shooting to go around in this one. When is the last time you watched a game where there was ONE made three pointer (LSU 1-4, MSU 0-4)? Unheard of in today's era. Not only that, but both teams were atrocious from the free throw line shooting well below 50%...

I don’t know when there was ONE made three pointer but the LVs had a game or two last year where they didn’t make ONE !

Hate to tell you, that's also happened this season...

I probably didn’t notice because it was a 40 point win ... but I am also glad to see they came back and shot 36% the next game

It seems like this staff when something doesn’t go right actually addresses the issue. It may not be perfect but there seems to be a focus on the negatives to improve

The funny thing is LSU was 48% from the floor and MSST was 50%. They actually shot the ball well, except from deep or the FT line...

So of course after I post this the Tennessee-Vandy men combine for one made three pointer in today's game, with Vandy's streak of hitting a 3 in every game since the rule was instituted coming to an end...

Reactions: feathersax
LSU KY refs call nearly 50 fouls in 40 minutes and only 100 shots. LSU shot 1-2 from 3s. Playing at home LSU's style of play was beneficial and I write this recognizing that the LVs play them twice.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
LSU KY refs call nearly 50 fouls in 40 minutes and only 100 shots. LSU shot 1-2 from 3s. Playing at home LSU's style of play was beneficial and I write this recognizing that the LVs play them twice.

Saw horrible pro-KY calls in that game.

Now, LSU doesn’t play again until the Tennessee game, while the Lady Vols play Alabama AND away at UConn, before the LSU game. We better be in good condition.

Saw horrible pro-KY calls in that game.

Now, LSU doesn’t play again until the Tennessee game, while the Lady Vols play Alabama AND away at UConn, before the LSU game. We better be in good condition.

Honestly, I would rather have a win against Bama. I believe UConn will get the close calls and convert Tennessee turnovers for an easy win in Storrs.

VN Store

Back