Sec shorts - season report cards

Thirty years from now, with what team will Mike Leach most closely be associated? Texas Tech? Washington State? Or Mississippi State?

I would have to guess it will be Texas Tech, but it is an intriguing question. Has more to do with collective memory formation than the man himself, sort of like some people remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison.

Thirty years from now, with what team will Mike Leach most closely be associated? Texas Tech? Washington State? Or Mississippi State?

I would have to guess it will be Texas Tech, but it is an intriguing question. Has more to do with collective memory formation than the man himself, sort of like some people remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison.
Generally speaking I'd say Texas Tech, but as a Mississippi native I'll always remember him as a Bulldog.

I would have to guess it will be Texas Tech, but it is an intriguing question that has more to do with collective memory than the man himself....

Texas Tech. He turned them into a power and was beloved there, before the administration (with an assist from Craig James) did him dirty.

If he had a few more years at Miss State, that might be the answer, but we'll never know. He just now 'turned the corner' there with the Egg Bowl win and may have legit competed for the SEC West at some point, but we'll never know.

Tennessee's gimmick should have been him sitting there with eleven oranges on the desk, grinning, and before she can finish a sentence, he says "eleven!" "Yes, Tennessee, you have eleven oran-" "Eleven!" "Yes, you got eleven. Now, let's look at your report card." And she looks, and it's been erased, and "11" is written in big letters. And she looks back, and the camera cuts to Tennessee, and he's grinning even wider as he nods "yes" at her.

That ending really brings out what makes college football so special

Also wish I was graded in school on whatever scale was used to give our defense an A
Yeah I am not down too much on our defense but I would not give it an A.

I felt the LSU grading was similarily too high. Lots of recency bias maybe.

He transformed Texas Tech. That’s his legacy.

Yeh it's hard for me to picture him without TT being front and center.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back