SEC Records since expansion

is it really "more"fuel? seems like the "same" fuel to me.
Same source, different points. What, you can’t take a little media bashing? Or truth in my OP? I suggest you find a different team than the one you’re rooting for then bc this is where we’re at partner.

Same source, different points. What, you can’t take a little media bashing? Or truth in my OP? I suggest you find a different team than the one you’re rooting for then bc this is where we’re at partner.
Lol.
1562020975518.gif

Reactions: Behr
Just picked up Phil Steele's mag yesterday, here's the records of the last 10 seasons of SEC play (which capture the full glory, or rather lack thereof, of all 10 seasons of the post-Fulmer era):

1. Bama, 79-9
2. LSU, 56-26
3. UGA, 56-29
4. UF, 50-33
5. AUB, 45-38
6. USCjr, 42-39
7. MSU, 37-43
8. A&M, 30-26
9. MISS, 28-52
9. ARK, 28-52
11. MIZZ, 27-31
12. UT, 25-55
13. UK, 24-56
14. VU, 21-59

Remember this the next time you see a poster underwhelmed by a mere Top 15 recruiting class, or somebody wants errbody fahr'd for 4-6 less wins than Nationdom predicted. This 10 year snap shot goes back to when current recruits were 5 to 7 years of age. It's all they know, this is what they think of when Orange Defense says something will happen because "We are Tennessee". At best, we are in for at a least a 4-6 year time period probably more like a 5-7 year time period before we are CONSISTENTLY a 9-10 win team again.

Last edited:
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Arguing we should have retained Fulmer because we made three awful hires after him is like saying you shouldn’t have had life-saving surgery because you got killed in a car accident a year later.

Phil’s record against the coaches that occupied the seats of all the major SEC programs in 2008 was bad and downright abyssmal without Cutcliffe.

If we hire Patterson in 2009 or a semi-competent coach in 2010 or 2012, that record looks a lot different. Patterson probably has added some hardware to our trophy case.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
I think it's more about our lunatic fringe NegaVols continuously spreading false information to fit their narrative. Reminds me of what is happening now in politics.
Who is still spinning the same narrative again, 12 years later?

1562022003662.gif
Pulaski, probably.

Reactions: KBVol
Just picked up Phil Steele's mag yesterday, here's the records of the last 10 seasons of SEC play (which capture the full glory, or rather lack thereof, of all 10 seasons of the post-Fulmer era):

1. Bama, 79-9
2. LSU, 56-26
3. UGA, 56-29
4. UF, 50-33
5. AUB, 45-38
6. USCjr, 42-39
7. MSU, 37-43
8. A&M, 30-26
9. MISS, 28-52
9. ARK, 28-52
11. MIZZ, 27-31
12. UT, 25-55
13. UK, 24-56
14. VU, 21-59

Remember this the next time you see a poster underwhelmed by a mere Top 15 recruiting class, or somebody wants errbody fahr'd for 4-6 less wins than Nationdom predicted. This 10 year snap shot goes back to win current recruits were 5 to 7 years of age. It's all they know, this is what they think of when Orange Defense says something will happen because "We are Tennessee". At best, we are in for at a least a 4-6 year time period probably more like a 5-7 year time period before we are CONSISTENTLY a 9-10 win team again.
I thought Mizz was elite based on some of our intelligent NegaVols telling us all the time how they continue to dominate the conference and us with a 3 star filled roster. We let the mob rule 12 years ago and it's haunted us ever since. I am happy we have Fulmer at the helm now and believe we'll work our way out of the cellar THIS year!

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
For the record, I didn’t nor do I intend for this to be a nega thread about our beloved Volunteers. I bleed orange regardless. Us fans are in it with the players, but they are the ones having to spill out their blood, sweat, and tears everyday to get us back.

Arguing we should have retained Fulmer because we made three awful hires after him...
The point is that the odds weren't real good that we'd get somebody better than Phil. Nobody's saying Fulmer was Nick Saban or Urban Meyer, but his resume was better than 9 out of 10 if not more coaches in the game at the time. I have made the analogy in the past that firing Fulmer was like playing blackjack and sitting on 17 or 18 and choosing to hit. Sure, we could have drew a handful of cards that would have gotten us closer to 21, but it was far more likely that we would bust, and we did.

The point is that the odds weren't real good that we'd get somebody better than Phil. Nobody's saying Fulmer was Nick Saban or Urban Meyer, but his resume was better than 9 out of 10 if not more coaches in the game at the time. I have made the analogy in the past that firing Fulmer was like playing blackjack and sitting on 17 or 18 and choosing to hit. Sure, we could have drew a handful of cards that would have gotten us closer to 21, but it was far more likely that we would bust, and we did.
Losing record against Richt, Spurrier, Meyer, Saban, Miles, and Tubberville. That’s half your conference and more than half your divisional foes. He had a grand total of two wins over Richt, Spurrier, and Meyer without Cutcliffe. You are basically starting out no better than fourth in the East if you stick with Fulmer post 2008.

Sorry, that’s not an insurmountable level. In blackjack Fulmer was going to be the Austin Powers staying on 5 tactic.

You recall wrong. Believe it or not but there are folks who have actually talked personally with CPF about this very thing. You sir believed the mob over reality if that's how you feel.
Who wanted him as a coach after we let him go?

Mike Hamilton
Lane Kiffin
Derek Dooley
Butch Jones
Jimmy Cheek
John Curie
Beverly Davenport

After reading these names, I'm surprised we haven't lost even more

And, then, we hired the coach we fired because he ran the program into the ground as the Athletic Director!!!!

Can't make this stuff up!

Good lord, this place is crazy. Depressing post and the posters turn on each other like sharks.....That’s the whole dang board. Everyday. Yet here I am again looking for news on my Vols. It’s like dropping a hammer on my own nads and then the next day saying, I wonder if that will hurt again today.
You are right young grasshopper, here you are. OP was #Facts. Everything else is convo by some ticked off fans

Reactions: Big Ugly Vol
When you panic and fire coaches without a plan, this is what happens. Many fans saw this coming with Hamilton leading the way.
They didn’t panic imo. They were lying in wait, waiting for the opportunity to fire Fulmer at the earliest opportunity. Couldn’t do it in 2007 when he won 10 games and the East.....were salivating in 2008 when the season started poorly and fired him, disgracefully, mid season.

They didn’t panic imo. They were lying in wait, waiting for the opportunity to fire Fulmer at the earliest opportunity. Couldn’t do it in 2007 when he won 10 games and the East.....were salivating in 2008 when the season started poorly and fired him, disgracefully, mid season.
So eager to fire him they gave him an easy auto-extension clause in his contract a year prior to his demise.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Losing record against Richt, Spurrier, Meyer, Saban, Miles, and Tubberville. That’s half your conference and more than half your divisional foes. He had a grand total of two wins over Richt, Spurrier, and Meyer without Cutcliffe. You are basically starting out no better than fourth in the East if you stick with Fulmer post 2008.

Sorry, that’s not an insurmountable level. In blackjack Fulmer was going to be the Austin Powers staying on 5 tactic.
I have to admit that I admire the dedication many of you have to trying to polish the turd that was the decision to fire Fulmer.

The facts are that Fulmer was 67-33 without Cutcliffe, that's a .670 winning percentage. Our program's all time winning percentage is .674, so basically, Fulmer "without Cutcliffe" was right in line with our historical average.

Since firing Fulmer we are of course, 62-63 for a .496 winning percentage, and 30 games below .500 in conference play. Those numbers speak for themselves.

VN Store

Back