SEC QB Rankings

For purely passing, Hooker is fine but I think the others are better scramblers and runners, with maybe Jefferson being the exception.
I know some of you think Hooker is a great running QB but he simply is not anywhere near the good ones.
Think about the last few that have gone to the NFL. Mahomes, Murray, Jackson, even Josh Allen. It's not even close.

While this is true I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a Qb as polished as Bryce this young… he has an elite feel and pocket presence with a lightning quick release and very accurate… yes the weapons help but Bryce has the moxie to go with the skill… I watch Bryce and what impresses me the most isn’t the big plays it’s his awareness to get rid of the ball and know where he can throw it away without getting a penalty… he has saved Bama from big sacks multiple times this year… you add in his big plays to the plays that don’t show up on the stat sheet and he is the best Qb in the nation… but I like hendo a lot too and I think he will have a huge season for us next year with a full offseason in this offense and starter reps especially if Tillman returns as well I suspect hooker will be the 2nd best Qb in the conference next season.
I think you just described why I don't think we can truly know how much of it is him and how much is having guys who make life easy for him. He may be that great but it is easier to look polished when you don't get much pressure or when you do you can count on your short receiver getting separation. Hooker was pretty good while getting a lot of pressure and taking sacks. He was good even with receivers who couldn't always get off coverage.

Don't get me wrong. Young definitely makes good on his advantages.... but I personally don't know that he would be as good as Hooker for instance if they flipped teams.

I think you just described why I don't think we can truly know how much of it is him and how much is having guys who make life easy for him. He may be that great but it is easier to look polished when you don't get much pressure or when you do you can count on your short receiver getting separation. Hooker was pretty good while getting a lot of pressure and taking sacks. He was good even with receivers who couldn't always get off coverage.

Don't get me wrong. Young definitely makes good on his advantages.... but I personally don't know that he would be as good as Hooker for instance if they flipped teams.

Hooker and Young have been sacked the same number of times. Bama's OL wasn't that good this year.

Reactions: bamawriter
Hooker and Young have been sacked the same number of times. Bama's OL wasn't that good this year.
Bama gives up a sack once for every 14 pass attempts. UT gave up a sack once for every 8 pass attempts. That's a very significant difference.

^^^
This is a good example of stats taken at face value being misleading. Pass completions are another misleading stat. Were the passes dinks and dunks or 20 yards downfield.

Hooker doesn’t have the pocket presence and escapability that Bryce has I think Bryce would shine anywhere but maybe not as much due to the talent at Bama but heup likely wins 10 games with Bryce at Qb that’s my honest opinion… he is one of the best I’ve seen at avoiding sacks in a while… I’m talking the little things that don’t have much to do with the talent around him… you can tell Bryce has had a high level of Qb coaching long before he ever stepped foot on Alabama he does a lot of things you can’t coach… I’m anxious to see what hooker can be on this offense though with a full off season but I would still believe Bryce is the best Qb in the country this year and next

He should’ve been ahead of Jefferson. Almost exact stats without playing the whole season.

Can’t argue their top 2. Young throwing 43 tds in 12 or 13 games (idk if the SECCG was included) is an insane stat. That’s a lot for an NFL season
The reason he wasn’t imo was because of the way Jefferson played @ Alabama. Looked better than hooker did imo. But what this list is not counting is the fact Jefferson’s Oline is ALOT better than ours. For Hooker to have the stats he has with the way our Oline has let defenses pressure and sack him is amazing

You're assuming his performance wouldn't falter playing for a team that isn't the best in about every position across the board. Swap them out and Hooker wins the Heisman.

Sorry but no. I really like Hooker but watch the tape. Young is better than Hooker in every facet of the game. More athletic, stronger arm.

Bama gives up a sack once for every 14 pass attempts. UT gave up a sack once for every 8 pass attempts. That's a very significant difference.

Alabama had 486 pass attempts to Tennessee's 334. Seems like Tennessee only took 2 or 3 plays to score most of the time.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back