SEC NOW last night

We should've won the East in 2016. Beat UF and UGA. Injuries mounted and then the defense fell apart. Had an unforgivable loss to South Carolina and another to Vanderbilt.

you know that's right...just pitiful...I was sick for a month...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
There’s a certain 10-win team that beat the hell out of us this year (and every year) down in Gainesville that probably shouldn’t be overlooked.

There’s a certain 10-win team that beat the hell out of us this year (and every year) down in Gainesville that probably shouldn’t be overlooked.
I honestly think the next two seasons we will see a decline in Florida. Their defense anyways

Anyone catch SEC Now last night? Dari was asking speed round questions to Chiz and Doering and one of the questions who will be the next team other than Georgia to win the SEC East? Doering immediately said Tennessee. GBO!!
tumblr_2dea9ce5f4240067d309e62693ed817c_56ee3a88_400.gif

I don't see how he could win a NATY Without winning "some SEC championships". But if he goes 9 or more wins, season after season, he'll be just fine. Think about it, his first year 2016 he had 8 wins, he as two seasons with 11 wins and one with 13. I can't speak for you, but I wish we had that record of Ws and Ls for the last 4 years-it would mean (to me) we were back!
I disagree and I think they are more likely to pull the trigger faster on Smart with "9 win seasons" because they fired Richt for having about an avg 10 win season for 14 years. As @VOLSONLY said let this sink in... 13,11, 10, 10, 9, 11,10, 8,6,10,12,8,10,9 was Richt's win record 2002-2015 at GA. How can you say if Smart is averaging 9 win seasons he's gonna be fine? I don't believe it but like you I do hope we have that problem with CJP one day.
Edited to add 10 win

I disagree and I think they are more likely to pull the trigger faster on Smart with "9 win seasons" because they fired Richt for having about an avg 10 win season for 14 years. As @VOLSONLY said let this sink in... 13,11, 10, 10, 9, 11,10, 8,6,10,12,8,10,9 was Richt's win record 2002-2015 at GA. How can you say if Smart is averaging 9 win seasons he's gonna be fine? I don't believe it but like you I do hope we have that problem with CJP one day.
Edited to add 10 win
You do make a good point. I should have added a few caveats. I believe if he wins 9 or 10 real games every year-cupcake games only count to get you a bowl and get fans excited. If he wins 9-10 games every year he should be playing for the SEC Championship-often. With that said, I believe if he does this, he'll be okay for 10 years. Maybe not 25 years, but 10, I guess how they play over the next 10 years, we'll see. The firing of Richt was a shock to me, I remember when UT had a program that all others feared-I understand how their fans feel, we are a long way from climbing back to the top of the mountain, I just hope we see the day when an average 10 win season disappoints Vol Fans-we haven't seen anything like that for a long time.

VN Store

Back