SEC fine from Saturday's activities

$250,000 fine on Tennessee

• Too high

• Too low

• About right

Results are only viewable after voting.
“Standard penalties to a school for fans running onto the field, usually in a celebration after a win, include $50,000 for the first offense, $100,000 for a second offense and $250,000 for a third offense. It might provide a framework, but Sankey will have discretion to go less than or more than that.”

So equal to that of fans storming the field for a third time. Damn I guess next time that’s what we’ll do is just storm the field
As odd as it sounds there is a time coming soon where this will happen. And it won’t be pretty. I can see a riot breaking out. Over something as simple as a game. That place was a powder keg Saturday. Social media has fueled the fires of so many idiots we aren’t too far away from a mass riot due to a call or something. Maybe not here but I can see it happening in college football

I didn't watch until near the end, but could anyone enlighten me on what all happened?...I know a lot of it was Kiffin, but the fourth down was conclusively short based on the replays they showed, and that's when they started throwing stuff...What else happened that got them to that point?
I was at the game. The frustration was building all game long. The worst call of them all, by far, was the strip and TD return early in the game. It was clearly a fumble by Corral, initially ruled a fumble and subsequent TD by the officials on the field, then afterward the officials huddled up, waived off the TD, and ruled Corral in the grasp. There were three instances by my count of bad spots that went against the Vols, including the last one, with at least two of them costing UT first downs. There was a third down play in which Corral scrambled out and attempted to run for a first down. The call on the field was that he was short but then, after review, he was awarded an extra yard and the first down. There were several instances throughout the game where an Ole Miss player was tackled close to the first down marker. On none of those occasions did the referees stop for measurement. Every single time, they simply called first down and gave CJH no explanation when he asked about a measurement. Immediately following the muffed punt by Velus Jones at the 10 yard line, the defense stopped Ole Miss again, forcing a fourth down. The referee threw a flag on the third down play for what appeared to be a very questionable defensive holding that game Ole Miss another first and goal, leading to a TD on the next play. In what seemed like every other Tennessee offensive play, particularly in the second half, an Ole Miss player went down with an "injury" then returned after sitting out one play. It was the most atrociously called game I have ever witnessed in person. Even Ole Miss fans sitting close to me were saying we were getting screwed and they felt bad for us because that usually happens to them when they are at home, as well.

I get the fine, but don’t expect the university to defend or stand up for the fans in any way.
but, if we keep showing fan excitement and large crowds you can probably expect seat prices to increase!
Stand up for the team! Ole Miss’s poor sportsmanship and the refs (at best) incompetence is directly under their control

I didn't watch until near the end, but could anyone enlighten me on what all happened?...I know a lot of it was Kiffin, but the fourth down was conclusively short based on the replays they showed, and that's when they started throwing stuff...What else happened that got them to that point?

The refs made a more egregious call than the Jabar Gaffney TD "catch" to wipe off a fumble 6 earlier in the game...

Same ref that handed yall the game against Arky in 09

Reactions: Sub Par SUPERSTAR
Too much politics in the SEC ! My personal opinion..........and I am entitled to my personal opinion. How can the entire school be held responsible for what a handful of drunks do ???? We, the overwhelming majority, cannot be held responsible for a very minute minority of drunks !!! A fine of $ 3.25 cents would be reasonable !

Last edited:
Can we get a suspension of the refs from this game? Third game that Mark Curles has been involved with and a bad call has resulted in changing the flow of the game. <Yes I am beating this dead horse even more>

Can we earmark this money for Mark Curles' crew to attend some training classes on how to officiate a SEC game?

Can we get a suspension of the refs from this game? Third game that Mark Curles has been involved with and a bad call has resulted in changing the flow of the game. <Yes I am beating this dead horse even more>
They'll probably get suspended or somehow punished, but we'll never hear about it.

UT can scrounge that up in the couch cushions at Pilot headquarters. It's a slap on the wrist, the whole incident is a basically a resume enhancer for the ferocity opponents can expect at Neyland if that's all that happens.

VN Store

Back