SEC fan bases ranked

I agree with A&M being number 1. I've been to every SEC venue and met the fans and none compete with how nice and cool the atmosphere the Aggies have. I can already hear people ask, "well why don't you go root for them then?" Win or lose, I'm all Vol and I kind of embraced the villain role we exude.

How is Bama’s song about Tennessee? Missed out on that info

Dixieland delight is set in Tennessee and the areas beauty is also a focal point but the song is about hooking up with country girl.

——-

“Rolling down a backwoods Tennessee byway…”

“On a Tennessee Saturday night…”

For support, size, and actual fandom:

Tennessee, Bama, LSU, Florida, A&M, UGA, Auburn are all elite

South Carolina, Kentucky, ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss State and Mizzou all are hit or miss depending on sport and year

Vandy is trash

Dixieland delight is set in Tennessee and the areas beauty is also a focal point but the song is about hooking up with country girl.

——-

“Rolling down a backwoods Tennessee byway…”

“On a Tennessee Saturday night…”
Gotcha. I didn’t know earlier post was referring to that song. Thought it might be the lynard skynard one.

Reactions: Elhanan
These opinion polls are just that and very few have credibility. Just posting for clicks. They are totally insignificant and I wish people would stop reacting to them.

The perception of our program/fanbase, etc. has just taken a hit the last 15 years whether we like it or not. That's why we so frequently have these posts where these subjective lists from people outside our fanbase bubble don't rank us as high as we like. The continuous reversals of fortune we have suffered, by the flagship program of football for any major university, for a decade and a half, will do that. The only cure is consistent winning. We can regain our former respect, but it's going to take time.
UGA's sellout streak is >70. How does that compare to the rest of the SEC?

Texas A&M seems like a superficial fanbase. It's like some Mega millionaire put alot of money into a program and built them overnight.

They don't have the history and legacy to be considered. They essentially profited from years of being the only SEC team in Texas and were able to build a juggernaut. But, they don't have legacy fans like true SEC teams do.

Texas A&M seems like a superficial fanbase. It's like some Mega millionaire put alot of money into a program and built them overnight.

They don't have the history and legacy to be considered. They essentially profited from years of being the only SEC team in Texas and were able to build a juggernaut. But, they don't have legacy fans like true SEC teams do.
That post shows a lack of knowledge about Texas A&M.

Edit: Saw your post before I looked at the rankings. Texas A&M has a great, long-established history of great fans. There is NO WAY they're the #1 fanbase in the SEC though.

I get that Texas A&M, LSU, and Vols are in the top five.

UGA has been there for last 5-6 years because their football has been strong.

Not so sure about Arkansas, but I'll give them benefit of the doubt.

Auburn has a passionate fan base.

But it’s easy when you’ve been good.

Isn’t the true test of a “fanbase” all about how they show up, travel, but tickets/merch, etc, even when the product on the field isn’t at its best?
I was at Notre Dame in 2017. We had about 40,000 there. Tickets were going for $1500. Fortunately a good friend is a ND alum and season ticket holder. He got me the tickets at face value, $130.

But when its the same teams that continously have all time low records, it says something about their fanbase. Florida is the other team I am referring to.

UGA has got the 2nd lowest all-time Outback Bowl attendance record as well.

Your fanbase isnt measured on 1 game every 40 years.

I am impressed by all the UT fans dressed like empty seats in Knoxville, not just in the fourth quarter but the whole game. But I am sure when you guys were relevant back in 1964 you guys were hell in the stands. Probably dangerous though since mustard was in glass jars then.

I am impressed by all the UT fans dressed like empty seats in Knoxville, not just in the fourth quarter but the whole game. But I am sure when you guys were relevant back in 1964 you guys were hell in the stands. Probably dangerous though since mustard was in glass jars then.
200 (12).gif

VN Store

Back