SEC fan bases ranked

It's Tennessee, Alabama and LSU at the top and then the rest.

I only say LSU because I hear they have a fanbase that compares, but in my life living in VA, TN and elsewhere I've seen Vols and bammers everywhere

It’s TN at #1
LSU at #2
A&M at #3

For those not understanding the Texas A&M ranking, I suggest you spend a game day in College Station and attend a game at Kyle Field. Spend a weekend in that atmosphere and around that fan base and you’ll understand their acknowledgment.

I visited College Station in 2016 in that dissappointing 2OT Loss (THANKS Butch!) Those "yell-squad" cheers & midnight "yell" that several of us ventured to is...

tenor.gif

And I NEVER understood that Bammers don't realize their "song" is ACTUALLY about TENNESSEE!!!

3772352.jpg

oh,,,and...

UHIUWULIVDODVMB5N4X2NMIKTI.jpg

The perception of our program/fanbase, etc. has just taken a hit the last 15 years whether we like it or not. That's why we so frequently have these posts where these subjective lists from people outside our fanbase bubble don't rank us as high as we like. The continuous reversals of fortune we have suffered, by the flagship program of football for any major university, for a decade and a half, will do that. The only cure is consistent winning. We can regain our former respect, but it's going to take time.

Georgia is such a great fanbase that they have the 2 least attended Liberty Bowls in the past 30 years and the 3rd lowest attended Sugar Bowl in history.
Bowl attendance is largely a function of how happy a team is to be in that bowl, which generally reflects directly on whether a season was surprisingly good, bad, or basically what was expected. By all accounts UGA fans outnumbered Bama fans at the national championship because going there is less of a regular occurrence for UGA than Bama. If we went to the Sugar Bowl next year we'd be beside ourselves with excitement because we haven't been in 30+ years. If we went last year and missed the playoffs by one spot (finishing No. 5), we might feel different.

Bowl attendance is largely a function of how happy a team is to be in that bowl, which generally reflects directly on whether a season was surprisingly good, bad, or basically what was expected. By all accounts UGA fans outnumbered Bama fans at the national championship because going there is less of a regular occurrence for UGA than Bama. If we went to the Sugar Bowl we'd be beside ourselves because we haven't been in 30+ years, if we went last year and missed the playoffs by one spot (finishing No. 5), we might feel different.

But when its the same teams that continously have all time low records, it says something about their fanbase. Florida is the other team I am referring to.

UGA has got the 2nd lowest all-time Outback Bowl attendance record as well.

Your fanbase isnt measured on 1 game every 40 years.

It’s TN at #1
LSU at #2
A&M at #3

For those not understanding the Texas A&M ranking, I suggest you spend a game day in College Station and attend a game at Kyle Field. Spend a weekend in that atmosphere and around that fan base and you’ll understand their acknowledgment.

Not interested in being around a cult like A&M’s fanbase. They’re the Jehovah Witnesses of college sports fanbases. Weird AF.

But when its the same teams that continously have all time low records, it says something about their fanbase. Florida is the other team I am referring to.

UGA has got the 2nd lowest all-time Outback Bowl attendance record as well.
I think UGA currently has the third longest home sellout streak going behind Nebraska and Oklahoma. That's largely a function of them having two pretty good coaches in a row with Richt and Smart, plus a smaller stadium than us, but it's hard to say that's bad. Florida fans are bad because they are a bunch of transplanted Yankees with no state loyalty/pride.

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisVol77
It’s TN at #1
LSU at #2
A&M at #3

Agreed on A&M. Back in 2002 I went with some Nebraska fans to watch Nebraska play at A&M. It was very impressive. The fans stayed in the game and were loud the whole time. Organized cheers were constant and even at halftime no one left the stands as they stayed to cheer on the band. A&M blew a 17-point second half lead and we stayed a while after to party with the A&M fans. Even in the loss they were super nice to us and everyone was in a great mood and the party scene was a blast. I can understand why they’re ranked number 1, even if I’m partial to UT.

I visited College Station in 2016 in that dissappointing 2OT Loss (THANKS Butch!) Those "yell-squad" cheers & midnight "yell" that several of us ventured to is...

tenor.gif

And I NEVER understood that Bammers don't realize their "song" is ACTUALLY about TENNESSEE!!!

3772352.jpg

oh,,,and...

UHIUWULIVDODVMB5N4X2NMIKTI.jpg
How is Bama’s song about Tennessee? Missed out on that info

It's Tennessee, Alabama and LSU at the top and then the rest.

I only say LSU because I hear they have a fanbase that compares, but in my life living in VA, TN and elsewhere I've seen Vols and bammers everywhere
LSU has an electric fan base! Always have loved their energy especially when sitting beside them

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer

VN Store

Back