SEC’s most reliable receivers on third and long.

One thing I noticed from re-watching a few games of this year. Keyton had some big plays receiving, especially in beginning of some quarters.. Palmer was clutch in several situations for us, that one foot in TD he caught was a thing of beauty.. My thoughts are if any of our other WRs pose a threat.. Palmer or Keyton will do well.. Or the other WRs will do well because of Palmer and Keyton. I see potential either way.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
My fear is his senior looks like Bowden's when opposing teams start focusing in on him. Hopefully other guys step up and take some pressure off him.
Lynn Bowden?? UK?
He played QB most of the season his last year.

C2-JmWgUQAAptx8.jpg

He reminds me of a healthy Justin Hunter
Hunter was so long is what made him great, along with his elite speed. I think Palmer, like Hunter, has great body control, especially when in the air. Palmer has really sacrificed his body on some of his receptions, I think he's fearless and could easily have a huge season. I'm hoping that the Hyatt kid is more similar to Hunter as we need a pure speed WR to help stretch the D out, something we've lacked for several seasons now.

When I think of Palmer, I think of heroic catches where he took punishment upon landing after an acrobatic catch. JJ usually took the punishment after the catch and Calloway seemed to catch his on the sidelines and stepping out. Pretty diverse set of talents. I can't wait to see how JP plays this season. I believe he will be a star.

Hunter was so long is what made him great, along with his elite speed. I think Palmer, like Hunter, has great body control, especially when in the air. Palmer has really sacrificed his body on some of his receptions, I think he's fearless and could easily have a huge season. I'm hoping that the Hyatt kid is more similar to Hunter as we need a pure speed WR to help stretch the D out, something we've lacked for several seasons now.
So true

Palmer was probably the most NFL ready out of our big 3 last year at WR. He's always been a door solid player for us, but I think he'll finally fully break out to be a star this year. He's big, he's fast, and has great hands and body control. I'd like to see more YAC from him though.

Our top 4 guys are Palmer, Johnson, Keyton, and Velus. Obviously there's other talented young guys on the roster, but none that have proven anything at that position yet. Gibbs and Tilman look like they can help out. Certainly not near the top of the SEC, but I think they'll be alright as a group.

Our top 4 guys are Palmer, Johnson, Keyton, and Velus. Obviously there's other talented young guys on the roster, but none that have proven anything at that position yet. Gibbs and Tilman look like they can help out. Certainly not near the top of the SEC, but I think they'll be alright as a group.
Hyatt, Wideman, Beckwith and others are the best looking group we've had in a while coming in. I think old Vol fans know what great receivers look like and this incoming class is loaded with specific skill guys that are ready physically to play early. At least 1 if not all 3 will get a bunch of opportunities this season and I predict one makes the Fr All-American team.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I think he leads the team in yards this season. Silky smooth route runner who catches everything thrown at him.
He's going to get challenged physically as the higher you go up the WR ladder the tougher you have to be. We're gonna have a bunch to choose from and I believe the 4 most physical WRs will get the most touches. I think Palmer will definitely lead the team in yards and could have an All-SEC type season if we can get our offense going a little and finish with a big 10+ win season.

VN Store

Back