Season Ticket Screw Job

Cuonzoball

Just got an email that my 3 upper deck season tickets are going from $750 to $1500. No thanks Danny White. Had the same seats on row 4 upper deck for years. Sad he's doing this.

Last edited:
Just got an email that my 3 upper deck season tickets are going from $750 to $1500. No thanks Mike White. Had the same seats on row 4 upper deck for years. Sad he's doing this.
$250 a chair for ~18 games comes out to about $13/ticket, that was really cheap and a great deal. You can move up just a couple rows and be around the same price as you were, or you can pay the $25/ticket to see a Top 10-15 team play 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, when did Georgia’s basketball coach become our AD?

$250 a chair for ~18 games comes out to about $13/ticket, that was really cheap and a great deal. You can move up just a couple rows and be around the same price as you were, or you can pay the $25/ticket to see a Top 10-15 team play 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, when did Georgia’s basketball coach become our AD?

I think that it’s going from $750/chair to $1,500/chair. 200s level.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I haven’t had season tickets since 2011. I had to make a $1k donation and sat in section X2 or X3. I believe a pair cost me around $800?

I assume you're in the 200s in the corners? The 100s just below you are the same price, or the 300s above you are 500 each. You can stay in the 200s and go to the end courts for 1000.

Just got an email that my 3 upper deck season tickets are going from $750 to $1500. No thanks Mike White. Had the same seats on row 4 upper deck for years. Sad he's doing this.
Just another reason to hate Georgia. They're raising our season ticket prices. Bastards.

You think these upgrades pay for themselves? I’m sure someone else will buy them if you don’t. Prices go up, things change. Gallon of gas was .96 when I started driving, it’s 4.19 now. Thank Capitalism, not Danny White.
I guess you'd feel differently if you were told that if you made a one-time donation of $xxxxx when you started driving, then you could continue to purchase gas for $0.96/gal for the rest of your life, and pass that privilege down one generation, as well. Your outrage of now paying $4.00/gal would be both indignant and understandable.

I guess you'd feel differently if you were told that if you made a one-time donation of $xxxxx when you started driving, then you could continue to purchase gas for $0.96/gal for the rest of your life, and pass that privilege down one generation, as well. Your outrage of now paying $4.00/gal would be both indignant and understandable.
I agree with the university needing to uphold its original commitment on donations to build TBA. My comment is based on the prices of the tix outside of these. I believe it's our nature to want a top-notch program competing for championships, but to still expect ticket prices to be what they were when our program was fair-to-middling.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
I agree with the university needing to uphold its original commitment on donations to build TBA. My comment is based on the prices of the tix outside of these. I believe it's it our nature to want a top-notch program competing for championships, but to still expect ticket prices to be what they were when our program was fair-to-middling.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Raise ticket prices in relation to the inflation rate of everything else. That's fine. But don't ostracize your donorship who paid for the building in the first place by reneging on a bad deal that YOU (the university) made.

Reactions: VOLinPD
If you don’t expect ticket prices to go up with everything else, you’re lying to yourself.

If you don’t expect ticket prices to go up with everything else, you’re lying to yourself.
Again, I have no issue with ticket prices going up, in general. I think it's low-rent of the administration to renege on their original they THEY proposed. Danny White, who is an unintended victim of that deal, himself, in a sense, shouldn't have any authority to dissolve that contract.

All other tickets are fair game, just like all other people buying gas are fair game. Increased prices are to be expected.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
If OP made that one time donation he wouldn’t be in the upper deck

Again, I have no issue with ticket prices going up, in general. I think it's low-rent of the administration to renege on their original they THEY proposed. Danny White, who is an unintended victim of that deal, himself, in a sense, shouldn't have any authority to dissolve that contract.

All other tickets are fair game, just like all other people buying gas are fair game. Increased prices are to be expected.
What sport are you talking? From my understanding basketball one time donation omitted you from needing to make another donation to obtain season tickets, you still had to purchase those tickets though…that hasn’t changed, the cost to purchase those tickets has those.

VN Store

Back