Season Ticket Holders

What percentage of Vols's ticket holders opt out of 2020 season?

• 0-20

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • 21-40

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • 41-60

Votes: 48 31.6%
  • 61-80

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • 81-90

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got 4 in BB row 17 (5000 rank) my business associate (2800 rank) got 4 in J row 42
Same number tix we normally get ( 8 together in low rows of YY10)

Word im hearing is almost 40% of ticket holders opted out. That sounds rather high.
I believe it. Personally, I live 3 hours away and have to devote an entire weekend to attend the game. My kids are getting older and now have activities/social events on the weekend so we need to stay home. All that to say that perhaps season tix aren’t the ideal situation for my family right now.

I believe it. Personally, I live 3 hours away and have to devote an entire weekend to attend the game. My kids are getting older and now have activities/social events on the weekend so we need to stay home. All that to say that perhaps season tix aren’t the ideal situation for my family right now.
Im 3 hours away also, getting tougher to attend every game

Reactions: CPA
9800s ranking and offered QQ row 13. regular seats in EE.

interesting to see rankings beyond mine offered "better" seats

I'm about 900 spots above you, yet got QQ Row 22.

I don't exactly care seeing as I've said I just wanted in, its just interesting. I imagine at a certain point they just start throwing people wherever they can.

Reactions: mrredskin
Word im hearing is almost 40% of ticket holders opted out. That sounds rather high.
This could be true if many looked at this as I did as a business decision. Been a season ticket holder for over 25 yrs and 4 tickets on the west sideline. They are not together but both pair are very good seats. I was offered either two very good seats or 4 not so good seats together. For the two good seats they keep all my donation, my season ticket money for 4 tickets, which was a total of 28 game tickets for exchange of 10 total game tickets. I was going to miss one game due the daughters wedding so that left me with 8 game day tickets to use. Putting it all together is was over $1200 per ticket per game. From a business decision that's not smart. I did give the UT Fund my donation for this year and rolled over my tickets and parking for next year. I hope someone that is in my seats got those for a lot less than what it was costing me. I'm not upset, if I was I wouldn't have given them my donation. I know those those with the higher ranking are getting in for less and that's okay. Just wanted some to know why we won't be there this year but you bet we'll be back next year.

Reactions: tntar heel
Well Well. Got home last night from a trip to Shriner's Hospital, checked email and lo and behold I had a ticket offer.
Section PP Row 26. Guess I will just take them and see what happens. I have been 21 rows from the field for years.
I reckon a 78 year young man can make the climb!
At least I can keep my 54 year record of attendance intact.Wow I have to be happy.

I sit on west sideline. Got tickets in Y in first wave. Wanted upper level first row in XX and got them because if assigned in first wave, someone turned them down. They are considered 1250 donation per seat. So, I think a lot of other uppers will be available. Hope you get some.
So you declined what they offered and requested other seats?

I don't exactly care seeing as I've said I just wanted in, its just interesting. I imagine at a certain point they just start throwing people wherever they can.
Maybe different ticket quantities? I’d think they set up blocks of 2,3,4 seats

I suspect the amount you gave for 2020 probably figured into it somehow along with your priority ranking.

I was looking at all the emails and stuff on the All Vols website to see what exactly they said and found this under the FAQ's which I missed before:

"If I have the opportunity to purchase tickets and attend games, will I get my name on the "Gave Their All" wall, or does that just apply to those who do not attend and donate their ticket money and Tennessee Fund donation?

Yes, whether you purchase tickets and attend, or you donate your ticket money and Tennessee Fund donation as a gift to the S.A.V.E. fund, your name will be included on the “Gave Their All” wall in Neyland Stadium. "

I remember reading about the wall when all this started weeks ago but thought it was just for those who let them keep their donation and ticket fees. Apparently you'll still get on it if you opted in and accepted tickets.

Maybe different ticket quantities? I’d think they set up blocks of 2,3,4 seats

I think you're correct. Friend that works with IMG pointed that out as soon as I mentioned it to him. That makes more sense. Plus, like I said, I'm cool just getting in the gate.

I suspect the amount you gave for 2020 probably figured into it somehow along with your priority ranking.

I was looking at all the emails and stuff on the All Vols website to see what exactly they said and found this under the FAQ's which I missed before:

"If I have the opportunity to purchase tickets and attend games, will I get my name on the "Gave Their All" wall, or does that just apply to those who do not attend and donate their ticket money and Tennessee Fund donation?

Yes, whether you purchase tickets and attend, or you donate your ticket money and Tennessee Fund donation as a gift to the S.A.V.E. fund, your name will be included on the “Gave Their All” wall in Neyland Stadium. "

I remember reading about the wall when all this started weeks ago but thought it was just for those who let them keep their donation and ticket fees. Apparently you'll still get on it if you opted in and accepted tickets.

I noticed that as well. Kind of a cool perk I suppose.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Well Well. Got home last night from a trip to Shriner's Hospital, checked email and lo and behold I had a ticket offer.
Section PP Row 26. Guess I will just take them and see what happens. I have been 21 rows from the field for years.
I reckon a 78 year young man can make the climb!
At least I can keep my 54 year record of attendance intact.Wow I have to be happy.
I am pretty happy for you. I remember your first post here where it sounded like you didn't have a chance.

By the way, I'm not sure if you climbing statement was true, or just in jest. I think it's pretty easy to get an elevator pass. I did this for my Dad back in the day. Gus Manning was the one that answered the phone and we rode up the elevator on the west side with Doug Dickey. Folks going to the press box. With the reduced capacity, might not be a long wait to ride the elevator, however it might be a risk with Covid to be in tight quarters in an elevator.

edit: Also, now that you have seats secured, pitching your climbing case to the ticket office may get you moved to a place where you don't get nosebleeds. Worth a phone call. I'm only 63 and I play the age card ALL THE TIME.. especially with my kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: WallyBalls
I am pretty happy for you. I remember your first post here where it sounded like you didn't have a chance.

By the way, I'm not sure if you climbing statement was true, or just in jest. I think it's pretty easy to get an elevator pass. I did this for my Dad back in the day. Gus Manning was the one that answered the phone and we rode up the elevator on the west side with Doug Dickey. Folks going to the press box. With the reduced capacity, might not be a long wait to ride the elevator, however it might be a risk with Covid to be in tight quarters in an elevator.

edit: Also, now that you have seats secured, pitching your climbing case to the ticket office may get you moved to a place where you don't get nosebleeds. Worth a phone call. I'm only 63 and I play the age card ALL THE TIME.. especially with my kids.

Ditto on the elevator pass. My dad gets one for his shredded knees on the days he can't handle the ramps/stairs. If you have a handicap placard or a doctor's note, its not a big issue at all.

I'd totally advise getting one, just in case.

Reactions: ptcarter

VN Store

Back