Scotty Hopson 1 and done??

ejb8910

I heard a lot of talk about this kid only playing 1 year before turning pro. I think he is 1 heck of a player with tons of potential but I believe he needs more than 1 year before turning pro.What does everyone else think??

maybe 2 more years, but that doesn't discredit his talent. He needs to take on a leadership roll at this level before he steps up to the next level. Not to mention his D needs some work. We are going to appreciate this kid for many years...and that's a good thing.

This is a much better question to ask in February than December. Nobody knows how steep the learning curve for Scotty will be. He has NBA 2 guard height and NBA 2 guard athleticism. His jump shot has improved, and he has always had a good handle and an incredibly quick first step. He does not have NBA strength or understanding of the game. The strength will take a while to develop, but the league has shown a willingness to take players early and let them grow in pro weight rooms. 7 college games is too few to predict how well he will understand basketball by the end of the year.

My guess is that he will be better served by sticking around and working on his game at this level, but please know that his intent, as I understand it, has always been to get to the league as soon as possible. If there is a decent opportunity for him to play for pay, I expect him to take it at the earliest opportunity.

he could be in the NBA right now if he wanted because he has that all important potential

he needs the ball more to improve his stock

needs to improve on defense obviously

he could be in the NBA right now if he wanted because he has that all important potential

he needs the ball more to improve his stock

needs to improve on defense obviously

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but in fact, he could not. There is a rule against it. If that rule were not in place, I believe he probably would have given it a try.

obviously you have to put in a year of college ball now, but they'd draft him now if they could

hes really good and he does start but he needs atleast 1 or 2 more years to reach his full potential

If Taurean Green and Anthony Roberson can get a shot in the pros, anyone can

then again, I don't think Roberson got drafted

Let's hope he IS one and done, because if he has that type of season, Tennessee will be a Final 4 contender

You should not confuse team success with individual readiness to move on to the next level. You should not confuse readiness to move on with ability to perform at a high level immediately.

If someone is willing to take a chance on Scotty and let him develop while earning a big paycheck, it is hard to think of a reason why he shouldn't take them up on the offer. The question is whether somebody will be willing to do that after this year, and that is, as yet, undetermined.

You should not confuse team success with individual readiness to move on to the next level. You should not confuse readiness to move on with ability to perform at a high level immediately.

If someone is willing to take a chance on Scotty and let him develop while earning a big paycheck, it is hard to think of a reason why he shouldn't take them up on the offer. The question is whether somebody will be willing to do that after this year, and that is, as yet, undetermined.

I think the poster before you was just translating the postseason success of some younger and less than ready players to draft stock.

(All the OSU kids)

Needs more bulk or strength and defensive toughness. Quick but not quick enough will be ready in 2.

hes a 2-3 year guy. I've never seen him play defense worth a crap and any one that actually watches the NBA knows they do play d

The thing is, the draft class looks to be incredibly weak this year so it might be a good idea to come out in a weak year. Just something to think about.

Why would he be stupid to leave.
He will get drafted high and paid high.

However, he does need to learn to command the ball and toughen up on D.

The thing is, the draft class looks to be incredibly weak this year so it might be a good idea to come out in a weak year. Just something to think about.

It doesn't matter, like the poster above you said, his NBA stock will be minimal until he starts playing some d.

VN Store

Back