Schiano

Schiano was successful at Rutgers when Rutgers was in the Big East; (Cupcake city) . The Big 10 is a mite harder comp. 2-10 ,3-9, 2-10 and He gone. Rutgers better try like hell to get into the MAC. WHOEVER signed off on Schiano for coach at UT needs to be banned from this program and Committed.

Schiano was 68 and 67 at Rutgers - in the Big East.... lol

Don’t consider criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from.

ALWAYS consider criticism to make sure you don't have a blind spot. Weigh it against what you know and bounce it off those you take advice from. I promise that you treat trusted advisors differently than others. I have fixed so many business problems this way.

Reactions: Kevinyaheard
Let's take a look at Greg Schiano's resume. I am going to totally exclude any potential involvement in the Sandusky crap to see if Greg Schiano is a good head coaching candidate...

College:
Overall record: 68-67
Overall Conference Record: 28-48
Conference Record prior to Miami and Virginia Tech leaving the old Big East: 2-19
Conference Record after Miami and Virginia Tech left: 26-29
Record vs ranked teams: 4-18

NFL:
Overall Record: 11-21
Finished last in the NFC South both seasons
Universally hated by players, coaches, NFL general managers, and scouts
Yahoo article
NFL.com article

Conclusion: Schiano sucks

I've never in my life cared whether Rutgers won or lost a football game. I also can't think of a time where I've pulled for Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State. But I hope they all beat Schiano's brains in.

I think they'd be better off with Addazio. He's also a .500 coach who could be had cheaper and doesn't have the baggage. Besides, if Schiano and Rutgers didn't want the comparison made, Schiano shouldn't have talked smack.

I’m gonna strongly disagree here. Nobody wanted addazio. Schiano is worshipped in Jersey because he had 2 good years and it’s the only time there was ever any excitement abou tv rutgers football. but even as dumb as that sounds he’s who the people want and anybody else would’ve been a let down

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I’m gonna strongly disagree here. Nobody wanted addazio. Schiano is worshipped in Jersey because he had 2 good years and it’s the only time there was ever any excitement abou tv rutgers football. but even as dumb as that sounds he’s who the people want and anybody else would’ve been a let down
Sometimes that hire the fans want is the wrong hire...……………………………………………………………………..just sayin';)

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Yeah, it sounds like the Jerseyites are really excited about CGS. Their "R Club" raised a whole $300k to make it happen. Imagine that everyone that went to their last home game bought a Coke and a Smokey dog. Yawn.

Way to go Jersey. You make Philly look like Xanadu. Go pump some gas.

Nobody in Jersey is rutgers fans. We all hope that they put together a program worth watching but nobody cares. It’s all about pro sports. And all the college football fans root for other teams. But all of us other fans do think it’d be cool if rutgers can put together a product worth watching. Even if they are competitive with the middle big ten schools. It’d be cool to go watch a competitive rutgers big ten game

ALWAYS consider criticism to make sure you don't have a blind spot. Weigh it against what you know and bounce it off those you take advice from. I promise that you treat trusted advisors differently than others. I have fixed so many business problems this way.
Very nice philosophy. Even most people here should understand that....

Reactions: Bleed-Orange
Idk what Schiano knew or didn’t know at Penn State but there’s zero way in hell I would allow someone with that potential bombshell to be hired. Best of luck to him at Rutgers but I have zero regrets about not hiring him.

Reactions: allvol123
No accounting for taste I suppose. I think the end result would have been better(less bad really) with Addazio. I fully expect Schiano to blow up in there face and his contract is kind of nuts. Addazio would probably get similar results and not cost as much. I wasn't thinking about the initial reaction, but guessing at the long term outcome. Given that Schiano amassed his .500 record in a weakend Big East, and Addazio amassed his in the ACC. Your certainly correct as to who the fanbase wanted though.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
No accounting for taste I suppose. I think the end result would have been better(less bad really) with Addazio. I fully expect Schiano to blow up in there face and his contract is kind of nuts. Addazio would probably get similar results and not cost as much. I wasn't thinking about the initial reaction, but guessing at the long term outcome. Given that Schiano amassed his .500 record in a weakend Big East, and Addazio amassed his in the ACC. Your certainly correct as to who the fanbase wanted though.

I agree given enough time and a fair shot that he’d probably be just as good. But when u have an entire state and tons of alumni on schianos side I’d give him the advantage there . All the successful rutgers players were calling for schiano. It’d be similar to if Tennessee decided against fulmer for AD and brought in another guy that nobody really wanted. Just kinda a no win for him there knowing that nobody wanted him

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Nothing good comes out of New Jersey except the Sopranos. Having to live there is a fitting punishment for him.

Enjoy it, coward.

I am not buying it third hand. And since it came from a guy who did nothing after witnessing a child being raped? I doubt you have a clue about true courage.

McQueary reported it to Paterno, the AD, and another administrator. I'd argue he should have gone to police when it became evident nothing was happening except Sandusky losing his locker room keys and (allegedly) the AD reporting the incident to Sandusky's charity for at-risk children. It isn't correct to say he did nothing, however.

As McQ alleges, he told another assistant what he thought he witnessed. The asst. replied Schiano saw the same thing. That asst. and Schiano denied any knowledge, but then they would, wouldn't they? So, there's no proof either way. I'm not sure how or why you fabricate that, though. I would have taken that as reasonable enough doubt to remove Schiano from consideration.

In actuality, McQueary heard noises and said he saw 14 year-old Allan Myers and Sandusky in the shower, but did not witness sexual activity. He thought the noises were sexual in nature. Myers continued to state even years later that Sandusky never touched him sexually and it was the only charge by prosecutors that Sandusky was acquitted of. As an adult and approached by a lawyer representing eight plaintiffs in the case, Myers suddenly remembered enough to receive part of the settlement. If you're willing to acquit Schiano due to lack of evidence, you should put away your noose for McQ, too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/
Penn State Confidential: What Did Mike McQueary Hear and See? | Big Trial | Philadelphia Trial Blog
Boy In The Shower Says He Can't Remember 34 Times | Big Trial | Philadelphia Trial Blog

A "man" who supposedly was unaware of mass amounts of child rape happening right under his nose calling others unintelligent. That's rich.

I agree given enough time and a fair shot that he’d probably be just as good. But when u have an entire state and tons of alumni on schianos side I’d give him the advantage there . All the successful rutgers players were calling for schiano. It’d be similar to if Tennessee decided against fulmer for AD and brought in another guy that nobody really wanted. Just kinda a no win for him there knowing that nobody wanted him
That's certainly true.

McQueary reported it to Paterno, the AD, and another administrator. I'd argue he should have gone to police when it became evident nothing was happening except Sandusky losing his locker room keys and (allegedly) the AD reporting the incident to Sandusky's charity for at-risk children. It isn't correct to say he did nothing, however.

As McQ alleges, he told another assistant what he thought he witnessed. The asst. replied Schiano saw the same thing. That asst. and Schiano denied any knowledge, but then they would, wouldn't they? So, there's no proof either way. I'm not sure how or why you fabricate that, though. I would have taken that as reasonable enough doubt to remove Schiano from consideration.

In actuality, McQueary heard noises and said he saw 14 year-old Allan Myers and Sandusky in the shower, but did not witness sexual activity. He thought the noises were sexual in nature. Myers continued to state even years later that Sandusky never touched him sexually and it was the only charge by prosecutors that Sandusky was acquitted of. As an adult and approached by a lawyer representing eight plaintiffs in the case, Myers suddenly remembered enough to receive part of the settlement. If you're willing to acquit Schiano due to lack of evidence, you should put away your noose for McQ, too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/
Penn State Confidential: What Did Mike McQueary Hear and See? | Big Trial | Philadelphia Trial Blog
Boy In The Shower Says He Can't Remember 34 Times | Big Trial | Philadelphia Trial Blog

I just wish most people on here would admit that they really don’t care about the truth of what he did or didn’t do at Penn State and just saw it as a convenient (and effective) way to stop the hiring of a coach they didn’t want.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I just wish most people on here would admit that they really don’t care about the truth of what he did or didn’t do at Penn State and just saw it as a convenient (and effective) way to stop the hiring of a coach they didn’t want.

I think a lot more people DO care about the man's character than you seem to believe. And a significant piece of judging his character is understanding what he might or might not have done wrong at Penn State.

Character matters to some of us. Yes, even in football coaches.

VN Store

Back