Schiano

Southern NJ is fabulous in most cases. Once you hit Trenton going north, it has earned its reputation, Newark in particular.
I'm in Mercer Co...about hour from NYC and Philly, 30 min from beach, and my area just as rural as many growing areas in middle TN w/ tons of horse farms. Biggest issue is crushing taxes...and in the Fall, I have to call my buddies in SEC country to talk college football, b/c no one cares about it here...except some ND and Penn St. Went to Rutgers game a few years ago, and it was so sparsely attended, you could actually hear cups thrown in the trash can by players getting water.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I'm not a fan of institutions I respect prostituting themselves for short-term gains. It's never worth it. Rutgers will learn this the hard way apparently.

Also a lot of jabs at NJ here. It’s a great state. Tons of football talent. Unfortunately Fans are more into pro sports and care far more about the giants and jets. rutgers has never gotten support even remotely close to Tennessee. With that said though they are desperate and schiano is by far the best hire they can make. Even if he wins 7-8 games a year that’ll be great improvement and a reason to watch

I lost you with the irony of saying “there’s lots of football talent” followed by “the Jets and Giants”.

I'm in Mercer Co...about hour from NYC and Philly, 30 min from beach, and my area just as rural as many growing areas in middle TN w/ tons of horse farms. Biggest issue is crushing taxes...and in the Fall, I have to call my buddies in SEC country to talk college football, b/c no one cares about it here...except some ND and Penn St. Went to Rutgers game a few years ago, and it was so sparsely attended, you could actually hear cups thrown in the trash can by players getting water.

Nothing but respect for you Jersey boys but I’m afraid it would be my 51st choice in terms of a state I could live in.

It is comments like this that make me think Schiano is a real POS. If he understood or cared anything about the gravity of child molestation, he would be more understanding about why he didn’t get the job and more outspoken about his innocence. He certainly wouldn’t be throwing around insults upon taking another job. This is about him and his ego, not those kids that were molested.

Reactions: GBOx2 and Alto1
I would be surprised if Schiano coaches a > 0.500 team during his tenure.

Also it seemed to me at the time that the reason Schiano wasn't hired at TN was due to his overall poor reputation as a head football coach and his lackluster record in NCAA football... at Rutgers.. rather than wholly the Sandusky situation.

But hats off to Rutgers, hey go on get you some Schiano now..

Reactions: GBOx2
I just had someone send me a song....i remembred. how lucky i am to be southern-bred, and southern-born. The Lord blessed me to be in this southern land. I love Tenn, and I love the Vols. Forever.

1/2 cowards do what he did. Full cowards do what Schiano did.

I am not buying it third hand. And since it came from a guy who did nothing after witnessing a child being raped? I doubt you have a clue about true courage.

Well I heard Greg Schiano talked about us
Well I heard old Greg put us down
Well I hope Greg Schiano will remember
A Tennessee fan don't need him around anyhow.

Rocky Top, you'll always be, home sweet home to me

I am not buying it third hand. And since it came from a guy who did nothing after witnessing a child being raped? I doubt you have a clue about true courage.
If it wasn’t true then he would have sued. He hasn’t made much of an effort other than saying it’s not true. I think he witnessed it and doesn’t want to sue because more would come out about what he witnessed.

Reactions: bigdaddy

VN Store

Back